5.0 out of 5 stars Pitch perfect service

1.0 out of 5 stars read the FINE print
Published on March 9, 2012 by ggg

5.0 out of 5 stars Pitch perfect service, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service (Sports)
Treadmill Doctors arrived promptly and went straight to work assembling my recumbent bike. Within minutes they had completed the job. This would have been enough, but the additional value add was that they discovered that one of the pedals had not been threaded properly at the manufacturer. So the guys called the company, ordered the part and gave me his card, and told me he'd be back to put on the new pedal as soon as the part arrived. I didn't have to do ANYTHING. Brilliant! Highly recommend Treadmill Doctor and I will definitely be calling them again if I need any exercise equipment assembly help in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Outstanding!, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service (Sports)
I had never heard of this service until I bought a recumbent bike but am I glad I purchased their service. They emailed me almost before the purchase was complete and the follow up communications were outstanding. Everything and I do mean every thing went very smooth; the technician showed up on time and went right to work and in almost no time at all had everything together and running. He cleaned up everything, showed me how to properly use the bike and all I had to do was stand around and watch. They were not just great, they were outstanding. It has been a long time since I have experienced customer service like this and I would recommend them to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Personalized service, like a concierge., November 2, 2011
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service (Sports)
First things first: GREAT OFFER right now from LifeSpan, Treadmill Doctor, and Amazon, which gives buyers of certain LifeSpan exercise equipment (see offer details) FREE ASSEMBLY by Treadmill Doctor, saving me $199. I have wanted a LifeSpan R3 Recumbent exercise bike, but my husband balked at the assembly headache. When LifeSpan informed me of this enticing offer, my assembly roadblock was lifted. Even sweeter, the LifeSpan R3 Recumbent is on sale. ** UPDATE: Since I ordered on Oct 28, the price of the LifeSpan R3 Recumbent on Amazon has risen from $824 to $899 on Nov 2.** My Treadmill Doctor's "concierge," took total charge, finding a reputable bike dealer in a small western WY town to assemble my bike. Hooray!

4.0 out of 5 stars We got unlucky--but would use them again, April 22, 2013
Amy Bruckman (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service (Sports)
We hired Treadmill Doctor to assemble our Schwinn recumbent exercise bike. The bike arrived damaged, and as others have noted, a great part of their service is that they came back at no charge to install the replacement part when it arrived.

TD uses freelance workers to do their assembly. We got unlucky and got a guy who made two mistakes in assembling the bike. The heart rate monitor was not correctly connected, and the seat adjustment mechanism wasn't properly assembled. When he came back to install the replacement part, he refused to check the heart rate monitor and suggested both problems were defects in the bike and we should call Schwinn.

It took me a bit of conversation on the phone with the dispatcher to convince her that it was assembled incorrectly in the first place rather than it being a defective bike. (Ie should TD fix it, or Schwinn?) But in the end she did the right thing, and sent her favorite technician to follow up. He was wonderful and fixed everything at no charge.

My four-star review is overly generous. But for some reason I'm convinced that the incompetent installer we got was an aberration. And I would use them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service (Sports)
The technician arrived as scheduled and determined that the bike was in the correct room and began his work. He opened the
shipping box and took the box to my garbage area. He checked to make certain all the parts were there and then assembled
the bike. He explained the operation of the bike to me and my wife. We were completely satisfied with the job and his desire to
please. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service!, March 14, 2012
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service (Sports)
Nothing short of fantastic. Set up appointment to assemble my bike on very short notice due to UPS not updating their tracking info. Once the technician arrived, he helped my son and I bring the heavy box containing the bike from my garage and into my basement. Once inside he got to work and within an hour and a half he had the bike assembled, showed me how to use the features and took the packaging to the alley. My dealings with my concierge were great also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Service Assembly, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service (Sports)
Excellent service. The Technician showed up on time as was arranged. Went right to work to assemble the bike. Cleaned up , removed the boxing items as was promised.

1.0 out of 5 stars read the FINE print, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service (Sports)
I ordered the safety key for my treadmill but was not sure if the treadmill was broke or if the key stopped working. Had pleasant customer service during the ordering process. It was during the return that i saw the whole picture. I ordered the key for $29.99 (add't tax) and the shipping was free. I shipped it back through ups, it cost me $1.95 and I received a refund for $16.34. I called and asked why I only received half of what I paid for..their answer: shipping was $7.50 (nothing fast, took about a week to arrive) and their 20% stocking fee. NO ONE ever mentioned any of these fees and how much compensation do you need to stock a simple key you can through in a bin and sell it to the next customer.....I will NEVER do business with treadmill doctor ever again. Did I mention the same key you could buy for $10 on their website they sell for $30 because they use a hand saw and carve a groove in it......

Treadmill Doctor Exercise Bike Assembly Service