4.0 out of 5 stars great service
When my husband said he wanted a treadmill we worried about getting it into the basement and put together properly so we ordered this service. They were very quick to come and got evrything put together just right and cleaned up afterwards. It was worth the money spent.
Published on October 11, 2011 by rob s

3.0 out of 5 stars Only worth it when it's free.
Published on November 28, 2011 by Swan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Only worth it when it's free., November 28, 2011
This review is from: Treadmill Doctor Treadmill Installation and Assembly (Sports)
This service was provided for free with my treadmill, so I am far from complaining. However, if I had paid for the service, I would be pretty unhappy. The service was essentially a guy showing up to HELP me move the treadmill to its final destination upstairs, then messing with the programs for 30 minutes so he could half explain them to me. And when he was done, he did not clear out any of the debris from the boxes like was advertised. They were spread across my entry way, and he stepped gingerly around them to make an exit as soon as he could. Can't believe someone would ever pay for this service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disorganized and false advertising, January 24, 2013
I truly believe that Treadmill Doctor is not a large company, but someone operating out of their house.

The work is "outsourced" to other companies that are in your area - it is NOT performed by Treadmill Doctor technicians...so you might as well just call a local company and save yourself the delays, aggravation, and middle-man.

In a nutshell:

1. My treadmill sat for 2 weeks in my garage waiting for installation - nobody even called me within 24-48 hours of delivery, never mind actually doing the assembly (as promised in the product description).

2. It took me contacting them 4 times to get this scheduled. There's only one person who does the scheduling and when she's out sick or on vacation, nothing happens. The person who does do the scheduling was always apologetic, but I believe that she kept forgetting about me...or she was just very disorganized with very poor follow through.

3. They DO NOT remove packaging. They admitted this on the phone. Because the work is outsourced, most technicians are driving their own sedan (not a van or work-truck) and have no capacity to remove the pallet and cardboard. The explanation given was that "Amazon makes us say that".

4. Amazon takes no responsibility for their "partner". When I called Amazon to complain about the false claim of installation time, they said that "anyone" can become a treadmill installer and register with Amazon. They supposedly "hold them to Amazon standards", but obviously not based on multiple people all saying the same thing about installation time and garbage removal.

Unfortunately, I DID pay for this unlike some others...so 200 dollars for being stuck waiting 2 weeks and having to deal with my garage being full of packaging was not worth it to me.

The only plus is the technician who was subcontracted was a nice enough guy and did a good job - I just wish I had contacted him directly.

2.0 out of 5 stars or not service at all, November 17, 2011
I would really be disappointed if I had paid for this service. My treadmill has been sitting in a box in my living room for a week. My appointment to have the treadmill assembled was four days ago. I received no correspondence telling me my appointment was not going to happen as scheduled. And I cannot get in touch with anyone to find out why or when it might happen in the future.LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill (2011 Model)
*******Once I was finally contacted by this company, they were extremely apologetic and eager to resolve the issue.
I am updating this review, once again. I was told that I would receive a product to make-up for any inconvenience I encountered from this company, which, I have yet to receive. I would suggest you save the money, and spend the hour putting this together yourself. Once again, I did not pay for this service. Thank goodness.

4.0 out of 5 stars great service, October 11, 2011
rob s (ogden, utah) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Disorganized service., November 9, 2011
My treadmill came with this service for free (on a promotion), and as a free service it was fine. If I had paid for it however, I would be a bit disappointed.
I was contacted by email the day after my purchase with a questionnaire, and then again (after I told them when I wanted them to come) with a request for a second choice in case the first wouldn't work. I never heard anything else until I called them the afternoon they were supposed to come and was told that they were not planning on coming that day. I was told they were also unable to come the next day, and I was scheduled for that Saturday (3 days after the treadmill was delivered - not within 48 hours as they promise). For the next 3 days I then received at least 3 phone calls a day (both human and automated) reminding me of the appointment. I was called on the evening before they were scheduled to come by the actual technician, who told me the specific time he would be arriving. The next day, two men showed up at my home several hours before I was expecting them, and after questioning them I determined that they were not the man I had spoken to the previous day. They did assemble the treadmill, but did not seem very familiar with it. The service description states that: "The technician will educate you on the basic features and programs of your machine." This was not even offered, and I didn't get the impression that they knew any more than I did anyways. They also did not do any calibration of the machine, just the basic assembly as covered in the manual and a quick test to make sure it worked. Several hours later (at the time originally agreed on), another technician rang the doorbell. Yes - this was the one I had spoken to earlier and I had to tell him that it was already finished.

UPDATE: I was contacted by the company shortly after posting this review. They apologized for the service problems and said they wanted to send me a "complimentary treadmill care kit" due to the negative experience. Like another reviewer who was told the same thing, I've never received it. Some people have had good experiences, but they seem to be pretty hit and miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prompt, professional, personal attention, August 29, 2011
Amazon wound up failing to deliver my equipment, so this review is more about Treadmill Doctor's customer service than installation performance.

I opted to do all communication with them via email, phone was available but email seemed easier. I was contacted immediately regarding my purchase and dealt with the same person for all communication over the following weeks.

Amazon wound up pushing back the delivery date a few times and, ultimately, their customer service owned up to having no real idea of when or even whether the item would eventually ship. So after a month I wound up canceling the equipment order.

Over that month my Treadmill Doctor contact pinged me every few days to be sure I wasn't waiting on them. She said to forward the tracking number as soon as I get it and they'd take it from there.

When I ultimately wound up canceling the Amazon equipment order I naturally needed to cancel the TD assembly order. I'm happy to say that took only a single email - my TD contact contact replied immediately to say she'd refund the order and that was it. I was expecting some hassle about the refund but it was fast and easy - never even had to pick up the phone.

So no assembly happened, but I couldn't ask for better customer service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Felt bad for the Tech, January 20, 2013
Lisa "Lisa" (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered this service to avoid having to deal with the fuss of hauling my Treadmill upstairs and putting it together. Although the gentleman that came was nice and knew about the machine he and his helper could barely bring it upstairs. Took about 45 minutes to get the machine up a straight flight of stairs. Not sure why he accepted the job knowing it was going to be an install on the second floor.
Here is my 2/5 breakdown:
* +1 Star for the Tech having a clue.
* +1/2 Star for the Tech working with my schedule.
* +1/2 Star for customer service calling me when I was waiting on a call for an appointment.
* - 1 Star for silly essays in emails you have to write pre appointment, just call me and schedule. Why must I have to type it all out for you? Not exactly "Concierge".
* - 1 Star for not sending 2 Techs strong enough to get it upstairs easily.
* - 1 Star Value...should have been $125 - $150, nothing "Premium" about this transaction.

I'm glad my machine is working and installed but I feel there is a big oppportunity for Treadmill Doctor's improvement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Meet Expectations. UPDATED, November 2, 2011
Daniel Taylor (Riverton, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
I recently ordered a LifeSpan TR1200i and it came with this service included. If I had to pay for the service, I would be very upset. Here were the issues I had:

1. Read the fine print?? I was contacted via email shortly after placing the order with a short form to respond to for details. The first thing that caught me off guard is they do not remove the packaging from the premises... only from the home. Yes, the details are worded that way, but I assumed it meant they would completely remove the packaging, not just put it in my garage.

2. Mixups are frustrating. I was orginally scheduled for a Wednesday. On Tuesday morning I received a call saying they could come that day. That worked better for me, so I re-arranged my schedule. Three hours after they were suppose to be here I received an email saying they would have to come on Wednesday instead. No explanation, no apology, no call... just we changed your time. I ended up calling them and working through the details.

3. Average is the new professional. The two people who showed up to do the installation were not what I would have expected from a company that makes their living on service. They were not unfriendly per se, but I was not sad to see them go either. Outside of the assembly, the service part of it was non-existent. No levelling of the treadmill, no checks to make sure it was working, no "basic tutorial to educate you on the features and programs of your machine." Ironically, given who came to do the installation, I was more eager they leave.

To be fair, the people I spoke with on the phone were polite, kind, professional... everything I expected. Sadly the service did not match up.

UPDATE: I was contacted by the Company Director about my installation and the issues I had. She has shown a strong willingness to maintain a top-notch service, and I truly appreciate the commitment she has shown. As such, I've also modified my rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Convicted Felon sent to do install! AVOID THIS COMPANY!!, December 21, 2011
I'm too pissed off to even tell everything that happened, and they are now ignoring my emails in an attempt to get a refund. AVOID THIS COMPANY. They don't do anything you can't do yourself or with an inexpensive handyman.

I'm a single older lady in a very nice brand new neighborhood and thought I needed their expertise, but it turns out I had to help THEM track the package, and even then they claimed to check their people out thoroughly, but turns out he was a CONVICTED FELON!! He showed up 1.5hrs early expecting me to let him in. He didn't have any company ID, didn't know the name of the company he was there to install for, and looked like a DRUGGIE FREAK! Intimidating at 6'4" with bleached blonde spikey hair and those big holes in his ears, I was scared from the moment I saw him and refused him access. He didn't even have a car parked out front so I felt threatened like he was obviously hiding something, or was dropped off and had someone circling the neighborhood.

I insisted on his ID and tried to reach this company but couldn't (via phone or email), then told him to go around back where the garage opens up and where the treadmill is located. Meanwhile I Google'd his name and it came up as a CONVICTED DRUG FELON with RECENT CHARGES! WTH?!! I needed to get him to leave without pissing him off but now he's in my garage with all the tools and big toys and no one is out there with him. GGGRRRR!!

He didn't even have a dolly to try and move a 300+ lb treadmill from the garage to the living room. What was he thinking of doing? Putting it on his back? :/

Long story short, he left and a full week later they sent out another guy with a tiny little car who could not, and would not, remove the huge wooden pallet and huge packaging boxes the treadmill came in. A month later they are still in my garage and the company isn't taking my inquiries.

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

They didn't do a single thing that couldn't be accomplished in 30 mins with a friend or basic handyman. I wish I hadn't exposed myself to what is now an ANGRY CONVICTED FELON who knows I live alone and who lost his job at the holiday time due to being exposed. I feel vulnerable and had to pay $199 for the misery!

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

2.0 out of 5 stars Actually having the installer come took a whole week., January 29, 2013
I ended up ordering this service on a Friday and the Tech came the following week Saturday. I found it a little odd since I already had the Treadmill in my garage and there was really nothing to ship. I did contact their customer service and they ended up getting back to me several days later. I suspect they were really busy, however the tech was really nice. These guys appear to subcontract with other companies so you might be able to get a better deal if you search locally for an assembly service. All in all it was the long delay that makes me think 2 stars as there literally was nothing to ship and the slow customer service response was unfortunate, since this is a "service" not a "product" I think I am being fair.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›