Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 10, 2012
This was such a fun read, and my first foray into steam punk romance. I can't wait for the next one! Think Indiana Jones meets Romancing the Stone. I want to get rescued by Abel too! Great action and very well crafted characters. You'd recognize them if you met them on the street. Love, love, love it!
on February 10, 2012
Treasure Hunter's Lady by Allison Merritt is a MUST READ. Yes I yelled that because that is how strongly I feel about this story. It rocks--absolutely rocks!

If you are a fan of Indiana Jones, Romancing The Stone and The Mummy, then this book is totally for you.

It has everything a romance should: excellent characters, action, adventure, cool twists and turns, awesome setting, and love, sex...like I said, it has it all.

This is at the top of my list of best books I've read this year--including 2011.
on February 17, 2013
I had mixed feelings about this one. The writing was tight and the romance was pretty steamy. The adventure aspect was rather well done too, but the steampunk, not so much. It was billed as a Steampunk Romance, but the steampunk part seemed to be more of an afterthought. There was an airship, but it was barely described, and yes they have laser pistols, but barely use them. A couple of other devices were mentioned here and there, but none are integral to the plot. It was a bit disappointing. I was hoping for a steampunk adventure with a dash of romance and ended up with a romance novel. That being said, if you're looking for a good romance, you'll probably enjoy this and the price is right, it just wasn't much of a steampunk.
on October 3, 2012
From the start, it captured my attention. Immediately, we are introduced to Abel Courte who is the epitome of an Old West cowboy, or atleast we think that. He's a character of many facets, our Mr. Courte. Nonetheless, he's quite an honorable hero that always has a ready smile to brandish. In addition, he's a loyal, protective hero who can turn the charm on thickly when he wants. You can't help but love this guy.

At once, we start off with a bit of mystery that links Mr. Courte together with the heroine, Romy. The sparks between these two fly from the first initial meeting and never seem to fizzle out throughout the entire story. I enjoyed their exchanges and the adventurous path to love that they traveled.

There are many things to love about the book. The writing, flow and characters are all well-developed. But, the three aspects that I absolutely loved the most about the book had to be the blend of Native American folklore, which is quite interesting to read. It will definitely hold your attention. In addition, it's quite an adventurous read. So that automatically hooks me and keeps me turning the pages, anxious to learn what this pair's next course of action would be. And lastly, in my opinion, I thought the hero and heroine were fantastic characters. They seemed to embody every quality and characteristic that I appreciate in my heroes and heroines. They're both kind, protective, and fearless when it comes to protecting their loved ones. Perhaps, I'm sappy, but I love that. We all have our things we love and that just happens to be mine.

If you are looking for absorbing adventure romance with likeable characters, inventive weaponry and sky travel vessels then this is the book for you.
on February 19, 2013
This story is packed with action, adventure, mystery, and of course, romance. The leading lady was a stubborn, independent woman. The leading man was an equally as stubborn cowboy. You can only imagine the shenanigans these two get themselves into when they finally team up. Their chemistry was undeniable. This book was one wild ride after another. I highly recommend it.
on March 19, 2012
Allison Merritt, has done a great job of combining many unusual elements and making them believable, in The Treasure Hunter's Lady. I started listing them, fun, but you need to read about them yourself. Action all the way though. Good story and characters. Will Romy Farrington and Able Courte and his uncle Caden and the Sky Pirate be featured in another book? Don't know but it would be good to follow them into more dangerous situations.
on January 12, 2013
I haven't picked up a book to read in a while, but a good friend put this one in my hands. She knows that I love a good adventure story. The Treasure Hunter's Lady by Allison Merritt definitely took me on a great adventure and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Romy Farrington is the perfect spit-fire heroine to tempt Abel Corte, the cowboy-with-a-mission hero. I loved being swept from the crowded Boston streets to the untamed wilderness of the Dakota Territory.

But The Treasure Hunter's Lady gives more than a typical romantic adventure. Ms. Merritt weaves in touches of steampunk with dirigible airship travel and magnetic-powered weaponry. She weaves them into the storyline so well that they fall into place seamlessly, as if these things had indeed existed in the late 1800's.

If you enjoy adventure and suspense, history and myth, romance and treasures...all blended into one good story - take a chance with The Treasure Hunter's Lady by Allison Merritt.

Thankfully, Ms. Merritt has more books in the series, and I happen to have The Sky Pirate's Wife sitting next to my computer. I don't need a fortuneteller to know that I have a bit more adventure reading in my near future. :D
on June 4, 2012
I have to admit that I've never been a huge steam punk fan. I believe that Allison may have converted me. Action, romance, excitement, and all from the very beginning. Well done!
on February 23, 2013
This book was provided by the author for an honest review.

Romancia "Romy" Farrington is the daughter of a well known adventurer. Accompanying her father on his travels since she was a child, Romy has become quite the proficient adventurer herself. But Romy's world changes in an instant during one fateful adventure to the Amazon and a wrong move from her. Fearing for her future safety, Romy's father returns her to civilization so that she can live out the rest of her life as a "proper lady". But Romy is having none of that because adventure lives in her veins. She desperately tries to persuade her father to take on one more adventure and is sorely disappointed each time he declines. Not only does he decline but he tries to marry her off to the wealthy nephew of one of his colleagues. Romy is outraged. In the midst of all this, Romy meets Abel when he saves her life from an out of control steam horse. Sparks fly between them from the instant they meet; however, nothing can come from their attraction because Abel is marked for death. But fate has plans for Romy and Abel. Their lives become intertwined when they are thrust together in a race against the clock on a journey to find a powerful Diamond and save lives...while finding love in the process.

I am not a reader (or lover) of steampunk but was pleasantly surprised to discover that I greatly enjoyed The Treasure Hunter's Lady. I think the primary reason for that is because the steampunk element took second fiddle to the romance and adventure aspects of the story. Hardcore steampunk lovers may not enjoy this story as much but people like me will...a lot.

The story was very well crafted and unique. I enjoyed the character depth and motivations. All of them were motivated for some reason to find the Diamond. Those motivations often times led them into directly conflict with each other but the byplay between them kept the story interesting and well paced. I appreciated how Ms. Merritt added a number of different elements into the story -- there was a bit of paranormal, some fantasy, of course the steampunk, and definitely the romance. All of the elements worked together in wonderful harmony to create a lively and engaging tale.

There was only one thing I didn't like about the story *sniffle*...and that's when one of the characters that I was rooting for died. That part made me sad but I love how Abel swooped in at the end and took what was his. LOL Perfect ending to the story. Loved it!

The Treasure Hunter's Lady was a great story and an excellent introduction to a new series. My interest is now piqued to see what's in store for Captain VanBuren in The Sky Pirate's Wife.
on February 18, 2012
This is my first steam punk book. I normally read Historical romance novels and get irritated when details aren't historically accurate. . I thought it might be difficult to suspend disbelief but Allison Merritt proved me wrong. I was involved and engrossed in the story from the beginning. I loved it.
Looking for more books by this author.
Becky Shanks