Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 73 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 16, 2009 11:08:31 AM PDT
Z. Ahmad says:
I though this would work on the PSP as stated in the description for the digital treasure map but I can't copy it at all! So what the heck am I suppose to do quit the game every time I need to locate a treasure piece?

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 11:15:40 AM PDT
Mr. Leverage says:
Use Youtube.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 11:22:06 AM PDT
OrangeMaNPD says:
they also lied since the map only has 6 treasures!

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 12:10:55 PM PDT
K. Suan Reid says:
I used IGN treasure guide way easier and better than that crap amazon sent..

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 12:33:25 PM PDT
Revelation says:
I pre-ordered from BestBuy, and I got (at that time, did not have to wait for a release date) a code for golden guns to use in multiplayer. I also pre-ordered Brutal Legend and got a LP case for the game (pretty cool, very metal). When I went to the cashier, with two pre-orders, she told me that I did not have to pay anything, because they were offering $5 off any NEW release games, so these pre-orders were included in the deal. The pre-orders were $5 each, so minus the $5 deal = FREE.
So I went and pre-order Uncharted 2 with amazon (I wanted the map, and I wasn't required to actually purchase it from BestBuy) and Brutal Legend with Gamestop (for the cool guitar).

In resume I got to this conclusion:
1- BestBuy Pre-orders: GOOD
2- Gamestop Pre-orders: GOOD
3- Amazon Pre-orders: CRAP

Now I know better.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 4:14:25 PM PDT
There is a treasure Map for the PSP, it's different from the PS3 one (you default to downloading the PS3 version).
Look in your Account Download List above to the PS3 version, it's much smaller... Listed as a separate add-on (for the PSP) which is odd.
Hope that helps.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 6:53:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 16, 2009 7:00:05 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 7:41:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2009 7:42:48 PM PDT
R. Young says:
Wow, nice going Amazon. Why is it that GameStop can offer decent preorder bonuses but Amazon deceives us with this crap.

A guide for 6 TREASURES? OUT OF 100? REALLY AMAZON?? And I can't even access this "map" in-game?

This tells me that Amazon doesn't want me preordering any more games from them, especially when my "Release Date Delivery" got to me a day late. I'm actually thinking about setting foot in the festering cesspool that is GameStop to preorder my games from now on just to make my point.

That's pretty extreme.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 7:53:18 PM PDT
Matt says:
Isn't false advertising illegal? They said a "Treasure Map", not a "6 Treasure Map". This was a horrible lie. I was expecting to be able to access a map in game with the locations of treasures on it in relation to me. You can't even access this without quitting the game. It is worthless. Very disappointed amazon.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 9:02:36 PM PDT
Bryan Lee says:
I totally agree that this Treasure Map is crap.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 9:46:08 PM PDT
Pretty much ditto to everything being said here. I like Amazon for many things but it looks like my 1st preorder from them is going to be my last. I must say, however, that I did at least receive the RDD as promised. Many thanks to the poster for the info about best buy preorders. Nice use of this forum to spread the wealth.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 10:16:42 PM PDT
Total lie indeed. 6 treasures? What a joke. Good thing there are many free and much better alternatives if you google.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 10:46:17 PM PDT
OrangeMaNPD says:
this was my first time pre-ordering from amazon...and needless to say, it will be my last.

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 12:13:45 AM PDT
There is a map for PSP. Just go to account management and under transaction lists or download list you can download the PSP version. It doesn't change the fact that the digital treasure map is actually a map of 6 treasures. I am really disappointed. I was going to pre order from Newegg but amazon offered the digital treasure map as a bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2009 12:19:51 AM PDT
H. Lim says:
have fun pre-ordering in stores for full retail + tax.

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 12:31:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2009 12:34:06 AM PDT
David L. Lee says:
I've been paying tax on amazon for way over a year now since NY state is complete trash. So after that now all someone like me would save is $3 instead of $8 (or whatever) but amazon is still the place to buy games, for me. Their prices are lower and they have random sales a lot.

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 12:32:13 AM PDT
Just sent an email to Amazon and complained about the map.

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 7:43:20 AM PDT
what a SHAM,

6 of 100 treasures + you can't view it in-game

seriously AMAZON, get your GAME UP

at least i didnt even know i was getting it, but the high hopes were quickly shattered....

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 8:15:20 AM PDT
Gem Hobb says:
lol... by the time the mailed me the code for the map i had already found more than the 6 treasures displayed on it. Oh well... at least i got 5 bucks off a future game purchase.

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 6:07:33 PM PDT
I'm getting a bit irritated at the people blaming Amazon for this. They didn't write the code, if you look right on the application when you run it, it says "Sony Computer Entertainment". Naughty Dog probably programmed it and someone forgot to put in the button action for next map or the link to the map select menu.

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 10:37:56 PM PDT
Worst effing pre-order incentive of the year! I think Amazon needs to think things through once in a while before leading people to believe something that's not true! F u amazon. Seriously.

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 12:28:29 AM PDT
J. Martinez says:
well I dont think pre-ordering in amazon was really bad idea cause they only charge $49.46 for the whole game and i got a $5 off on next purchase and even if you have a treasure map bonus with 6 treasures only but I think its much worth than getting it on other stores.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 7:31:43 AM PDT
Theeb Khader says:
i think we should sue them

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 10:25:36 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 18, 2009 10:25:52 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2009 10:32:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2009 10:34:02 AM PDT
JediJoe says:
The treasure map that IS in the advertise video "for treasure map" is NOT in our map at all! Hello!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  52
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Playstation 3
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (867)