- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
Part of what makes A Treasure so compelling is the musical contributions of The International Harvesters, with whom Young was playing at the time. Many of them were already paragons within the country music world and their notoriety has only grown in the years since. "I just love to hear those guys," Young says. "They're all country music legends." Those behind the scenes also made significant contributions to A Treasure's sonic potency. Tim Mulligan mixed and mastered the tracks. At the time these songs were recorded, Bob Sterne was the tour manager, Tim Foster ran the stage, and Larry Cragg was in charge of the band's instruments.
A Treasure will be released in several formats, including standard CD, vinyl (180gm and 140gm), digital download with and without videos, and as a deluxe CD/Blu-ray package. The Blu-ray version will feature a curated selection of video that lends context and imagistic power to the tracks. "I like to look at these old live videos and listen to what I think are the best versions of these songs," Young says. "It's fun to see what we looked like when we were playing it then."
* Denotes Previously Unreleased Track
1. *Amber Jean (9/20/84) Nashville Now TV - Nashville, TN
2. Are You Ready For The Country? (9/21/84) Riverbend Music Center - Cincinnati, OH
3. It Might Have Been (9/25/84) Austin City Limits TV - Austin, Texas
4. Bound For Glory (9/29/84) Gilleys Rodeo Arena - Pasadena, TX
5. *Let Your Fingers Do The Walking (10/22/84) Universal Amphitheater Universal City, CA
6. Flying On The Ground Is Wrong (10/26/84) Greek Theater - Berkeley, CA 7. Motor City (10/26/84) Greek Theater - Berkeley, CA
8. *Soul Of A Woman (10/26/84) Greek Theater - Berkeley, CA
9. Get Back To The Country (10/26/84) Greek Theater - Berkeley, CA
10. Southern Pacific (9/1/85) Minnesota State Fair - St. Paul, MN
11. *Nothing Is Perfect (9/1/85) Minnesota State Fair - St. Paul, MN
12. *Grey Riders (9/10/85) Pier 84 - New York City, NY
The critics & the public always want more of the same, except when they want something new. In the 80's, Neil Young gave them something new and then something else new, over and... Read morePublished 1 month ago by ERiC
I bought this after reading NY 's autobiography and it's quite a good representation of mid 80s NY, powerful in places, pleasant, but not really stunning.Published 2 months ago by Mr. R. Aulton
great title for a great live show and CD! Sept 5, 1985 is the date of the enclosed concert review, but only one song is mentioned that is on this disc. Read morePublished 3 months ago by alaska slim
Interesting. Love Neil, not so much "countrified" Neil. Love to Neil Young try new things, this did have one good song on it though.Published 5 months ago by Lori A. Candage
Unless you're a fan of Neil's hardcore country music, avoid this like the plague. Makes "Prairie Wind" look like "Weld" and I think "prairie wind" is a... Read morePublished 8 months ago by mitchell a.