Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Trece Sentidos
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio Cassette|Change

on June 17, 2004
I read Rain of Gold on the recommendation of a friend who taught high school English in northern CA. She said it was on her optional reading list for students and that the hispanic kids who decided to read it, despite its length, all came back to her with glowing reviews - telling how it was the first book they'd ever read that was that long and how they couldn't put it down it was so good. Being a Spanish speaker, with native Spanish speaking students and friends, I was intrigued. Loved the book - simply loved it. So when I saw that the author had continued the story of his family in Trece Sentidos, I had to find out more about their lives and their stories. I was not disappointed. Read the second book in Spanish - though it was written in English. Trece Sentidos feels a bit more long-winded than Rain of Gold. There are times when the grandmother goes on and on and on. But you love the character/s and are willing to forgive. There is some repition of history for those who did not read Rain of Gold, but it's a good refresher too. I highly recommend this book. Loved the photographs too. Thank you, Victor Villasenor, for sharing a wonderful family history! Would love to see the ranch too, and think of it every time I'm visiting family in/around San Diego.
on January 3, 2016
I read the book because I loved "Rain of Gold" (5 Stars). The story continues where the last left off, but I felt the sequel took on too much of a mystic form, with the Mothers faith and outlook dominating the story more than the plot. I still enjoyed reading it, but would only recommend rain of Gold to a friend.
on December 8, 2008
I love this book; however,for me Rain of Gold was better. Victor Villasenor is one of my favorite authors because of his unusual style. His memoir Burro Genius was fabulous. My son is very dyslexic and it reminds me of him.
on March 17, 2009
Excellent, start with rain of Gold then buy this one. You won't but the book down. All books by Victor V. are great.
on March 15, 2014
I have his books both English and Spanish versions. I have given this book and many other of his books as gifts. I highly recommend this and all his other books. This and Rain of Gold are my absolute favorites......
on August 12, 2009
I purchased this book and received it within a few days. The book was brand new and I appreciate the sender's efficiency. It is a very interesting novel and the seller was honest about its condition. I would recommend this book from this seller to anyone.
on June 25, 2008
Fast service and book was great reading - this is an excellent book to read following "Rain of Gold" by same author Villasenor
on February 10, 2010
This book grips you and does not let go until you finish reading it; then you are asking for more.
on January 20, 2015
Me gusto este libro; tiene algunas partes donde se hace lento y cansa un poco pero en general es una buena historia.
on March 29, 2015
Like everything else from Villaseñor, this is a book that will make its rounds in my family ☺