Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 4, 2005
What else can you say to this book when you see 400 pages plus of David Carson recent works? This book is one of a kind design book that will answer all your design influence. This book is marveleous and superbly done and when the first time i open this book, the first thing that came out of my mouth is "Oh! My God!". For those who missed Ray Gun a lot, then Trek will answer all your misery of missing Ray Gun.

If you a designer that love Pop Art and Fonts very much, then this book is the right answer. For me, this book is the dictionary of design influence and idea. Don't buy this book if you not a designer because you won't like it.

From the first time i opened this book, i've been using this book as my guide book of all my design since then. Truly, David Carson is my idol!
on February 9, 2004
Nothing new here... except maybe the over the top self reverential entries... a page from a past calendar logging his world tour espousing his personal greatness in the design world and a picture of him paddling out from his home in paradise... with quotes about how meaningful it is to be a god of design... arrogant self serving propoganda in a flashy package... Trek is like cotton candy it looks enticing and mouthwatering from a distance but once you get ahold of it, your joy is shortlived... its a sticky, sugary, syrupy mess that winds up in the trash after a few bites... Carson is old news... repetitive and trite... for real bleeding edge design thats not old news try AREA from Phaidon now thats substance.
on November 9, 2004
what i enjoy about carson's work, and what this book represents, is a lot of inspiration that can be applied anywhere. i've always felt carson works from a foundation of ideas that root the work, but then a certain immediateness, a looseness, that allows the work to feel fresh and contemporary. thank you, david, for another great book.
on February 17, 2004
David's work was always personal and innovative. This new book shows us his commitment to continue exploring graphic design without following any current trend to satisfy us (graphic designers). I found his personal experience inspiring, refreshing, honest and real. He's having fun. I'll try to do the same thing with my work!
on November 29, 2005
This book got me real excited, before i'd even received it. I waited for it to come from the US to the UK so I could buy it at a price I could afford, and today it came. What a big, beautiful, inspiring book. I'm already a Carson fan, but this book is superb, it's got the lot. I've had and sold all of his earlier books, and figured that this one would make a good replacement for it. I underestimated it's value and content. This book is ten times better than all his other books rolled into one. It's got all the best bits, then some. It's up to date, it's full colour, it's a MASSIVE visual experience. Now I'm a painter, and occasionally a photographer, but I used to be a graphic designer. This book inspires me now. It makes we want to go paint, to go shoot photos, to make collage.

Get it, now, while you can, you couldn't possibly regret it. It's an awesome bargain...
on September 24, 2005
Trek is a journey of David Carsons later works....proving that he has an eye for great 'instant' photographic images..the digital age..again a 'tool' in this techno age we live in...yet, Carson has the ability to place the image within a graphic context...making the work appear carefree and accidental..the volume of work and time, cocooned in this portable library is overwhelming..the dedication involved, along with the editing process are themselves masterpieces..take a look if you step outside the 'norm'...
on September 20, 2009
Great book by one of the greates graphic designer of all time. As always his work in Trek is an inspiration and useful guide for graphic professionals, artists, and students.
on November 4, 2010
If you are going to buy a book about David Carson's work, buy The End of Print. This effort pales in comparison and feels much less inspired and much more contrived.
on September 22, 2011
This book is not new, but David Carson's ideas were pretty cutting edge back in the day. I spend too much on these candy books that I use only to look at.
on April 3, 2007
I think, its one of those books which are useless and less informative... yes it has unique visual appeal but thats not new now, since the age of photoshop all desktop artists are experimenting Design, Type and Photography...So thats what you will find in this book, after every 2 months i try to open it and try to make any sense of this huge,heavy dumb book...but invain. I think its better to buy his previous books rather than buying TREK or TRAP.

Its Sick!