4.0 out of 5 stars It's All Connected
Published 19 months ago by prisrob

1.0 out of 5 stars Music is horrible, long
Storyline is very slow. Characters are not sympathetic. Music is horrible, long, and too loud.
Published 2 months ago by NAU grad

4.0 out of 5 stars It's All Connected, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Treme: Season 3 (DVD)
'Treme', the third season, brought the characters, Hurricane Katrina, the plot lines of each person together to show the connections. We started out in season one with the after affects of Katrina, up close and personal. The hurricane smashed the city, the families, and lives of it's inhabitants. Season one told their stories, season two told of their efforts to reclaim, and, now, season three shows us how they are all connected.

Treme is a series based on New Orleans musicians. It brings us a series of characters who are musicians or work with them, or have a place where musicians congregate. Music is the basis of the parade. When I think of New Orleans, I think of the parades, and 'Treme' three is a parade. A journalist shows up to help a lawyer follow the leads to a murderer, a down and out former addict musician finds his way to sobriety, a chef moves back from New York to her own restaurant, a bar owner tries to find her rapist, a young student wants to find her dreams, a good cop battles corruption, a favored musician receives a cancer diagnosis,and a trombonist teaching music at a school tries to find his way to the big time. A lot going on, and all of these characters have a subtle connection to each other. One or the other of these people find themselves embroiled in new situations and discover Katrina was just a jumping place for life.

Season three seemed to make the connections of what was going wrong and what could change to make lives better. The dreams that were realized were not always the thrill of a lifetime. And, as ever, the music was what held this series together. The music of New Orleans is riveting and life affirming. The beat and the bass and the mood it sets is New Orleans. We had some closure of troubles and doors still left open. We have Season Four to come with five more episodes. I am so looking forward to Treme, the finale.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 02-25-13

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, May 4, 2013
British Commentator (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treme: Season 3 (DVD)
I will not include any spoilers in this.
The third season continues the excellence of this show.
Anyone who saw The Wire and enjoyed it must see Treme, not only because it shares many of the same production crew and some actors, but because it is better than The Wire.
It draws together different strands of society and interweaves them in an intelligent, exciting and poignant storyline about post-Katrina New Orleans.
Slicker, more sophisticated and better acted than so much of what else is about.
The (Jazz and Folk) music is first class too.

5.0 out of 5 stars O Yeah!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Treme: Season 3 (DVD)
I have followed Treme from the first season til the third. I have enjoyed the touching storyline that is told from person to another. It is amazing how the people of New Orleans have managed to work through their problems, trials, disappointments, and tragedies. They have tried to overcome many obstacles and adversities. That is what some of the people have tried to do since their devasting ordeal with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The cast in this series are extremely talented in their craft as they have tried to portray the good, the bad, the pain, and the up and down struggles of some of the residents of New Orleans. Bravo cast and crew. Press on citizens of New Orleans, change is gonna come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough of this series!, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Treme: Season 3 (DVD)
I have enjoyed the Treme series from day one to the present. I'm waiting anxiously for the final season to finally air! I guess I love the show so much because of my deep affection for the city of New Orleans as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good show would love to see the end..., August 22, 2014
I adore the show, it is fantastic.What I don't care for so much is the fact that I pay as much for Prime as I do Netflix and Prime sees fit to post 'most' of the seasons of a cancelled show and then try to charge me for the last season when I've already paid my subscription. The sub price claims to also save me money on shipping, when in fact I'm paying the same amount for shipping I would when buying from other vendors, the only difference being that with Prime my shipping is 2 day rather than the standard 5 to 7. I'm thinking we won't renew this subscription in the future. Charging me for the last season of a cancelled show when you already charged me a subscription, seriously, that's a bit greedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes me hungry!, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Treme: Season 3 (DVD)
I just finished the whole season. Makes me want to pack up and go back visit New Orleans, again! Been thinking about beignets and going to all the famous restaurants that I haven't gone to, yet! Want to eat good food and see all those New Orleans style houses! Like all the footage and how they show the Columns Hotel. The violin girl's character takes off. Love that d.j. and love his song! This show is well-done and worth it just see all the footage! I, now, want to eat crawfish ravioli, no matter what our female chef says!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The music alone makes this series spectacular and then there ..., August 29, 2014
The music alone makes this series spectacular and then there is the sensitive and emotionally compelling story of New Orleans and our political struggle with race , class and corruption.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music and the terrific actors are superb., August 13, 2014
Ronald siewko (FOXBORO, MA, US) - See all my reviews
Excellent music and the terrific actors are superb. A very good peek into the amazing history of New Orleans Mardi Gras and jazz music. Spot performances of living legends of jazz and many local musicians. It cooks, along with the indigenous culinary cuisine. It has simultaneous story lines. One being about the sad and, I believe, truthful story about the horrible mismanagement and injustices forced upon the good people of New Orleans after the disastrous flooding.
The main overlaying story is about N.O. style jazz music and it's huge influence it has today. About how the people are so very attached to it, and truly live it. It will make you laugh, it will make you happy and at times, sad. If you really love music and especially jazz, watch it for that reason alone. Altogether very, very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portraits of the kinds of people that inhabit NO, August 16, 2014
Phillip Eng (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Not specific to season 3 but for the Treme series: Great portraits of the kinds of people that inhabit NO, with so many stories. Classic, traditional, and contemporary music styles done well by so many artists. Many unique cultural aspects are viewed and are part of the story lines from Mardi Gras to music education to corruption to second lines to food and to negatives such as senseless murders and violent crimes that seem part of NO. The settings are a lot of NO from the neighborhoods, to the clubs and bars, restaurants, to the aftermath of Katrina, out to the gulf. Each episode and the series is woven together very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars TREME - interesting series, September 2, 2014
Performers who actually lived through the devastation of Hurr. Katrina in 2005. Good program although not PG-rated, some good N'Orleans music. Good portrayal of bureaucratic inefficiency and corruption, showing the lack of ethical and moral values from those we are supposed to put our trust in. Watch and learn from this experience. History will repeat itself if good men do nothing.

Treme: Season 3 [Blu-ray]
Treme: Season 3 [Blu-ray] by Steve Zahn (Blu-ray - 2013)
$49.99 $31.99