4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would've bought this sooner!!
Published on August 6, 2009 by Kristy H.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the look, but...
Published on December 15, 2010 by Sarah

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would've bought this sooner!!, August 6, 2009
Kristy H. (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
The first time my daughter started chewing the rail of her crib, it was already too late. The damage was done. The finish was removed from an area about the size of a quarter in two places, one from her top teeth and another from the bottom not to mention the many scratches in other places, all along the front edge of her crib. I looked at other crib rail guards and none of them would fit our convertible crib. These are wonderful! Not only are they soft, easy to install and are machine washable, but there's a waterproof layer so when she chews it now, the wetness doesn't seep down to the wood to damage it further. I also purchased the front rail cover to protect the crib on all the sides she could chew. I highly recommend this product!!

Now that I have owned this product for some time I wanted to make a suggestion. I still highly recommend these protective guards, but before you wash them, place a few stitches through it in a few places to keep the cushioning in place. The first washing wasn't too bad, but after the second and third, the batting inside has bunched up and no longer lies flat and is doubled in some areas. It's not a sheet that you can maneuver back to it's original position. Once it's bunched, it's bunched. I haven't found a way to fix it, but it doesn't look that bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the look, but..., December 15, 2010
I bought these for my twins' cribs after trying several other products to stop them from chewing up their cribs. At first I was really pleased with the rail guards because they went on so easily and looked really cute. After a week or so, however, I started finding clumps of white fluff in the boys' beds and on their pajamas. I discovered that they were picking at the underneath side of the guards, which look smooth, but if you pick or scratch at them you get lots of fluffy white fibers that look like stuffing from the inside of a stuffed animal. I had to remove the guards when I saw that the boys were actually putting the fluff in their mouths and chewing on it. If your kids are pickers, I would definitely recommend you not purchase this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars not so great..., February 26, 2011
This is a great idea in theory, but it does not stop a chewing baby. They can simply push it over to the side and have easy access to the rail. They need to have a better way to secure it to the crib rails.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crib wrap rail guard is a wonderful solution!, December 12, 2011
My 9 month old recently started chewing on her crib which was ruining the wood. I have a modern crib, the Babyletto Mercer. The crib rails are wider than many traditional cribs so I was worried about a good fit. These fleece wraps are the perfect solution! The underside (side that goes against the wood) is lined with plastic so if the baby still insists on chewing on the wrap covered rail the underside doesn't get wet or ruin the wood. I only ordered the two short rail guards and for now this is all I need. I haven't had to wash them yet but when I do I plan to follow the care instructions and not put them in the dryer. They seem to be very durable and I am satisfied with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job of protecting the crib, July 7, 2014
I bought these in addition to the front rail cover when my daughter was nearly 8 months old and now she is 2 yo. They're not the prettiest site, especially when you've done such a time consuming task of picking out the prettiest crib, but they do the job and are temporary. I just removed them these but have kept the front rail on just in case. I can't remember if they had a strong odor, but I did wash them and air dried them before using - I'd have to say that the smell was probably insignificant at that point, because or else I would have remembered. Even though I bought Trend Labs Avocado side covers and the one long front rail cover; the color was slightly off, but not enough to return them. I bought these just in case she started to chew on the sides in order to protect the veneer on her crib. They did the job, however she could've cared less about the sides of the crib. These covers are simply 'covers' (fleece w/ back plastic lining), not pads; there is no significant padding that you'd expect. For that, I give 4 stars because I feel that there could be an improved quality and features to the product. I put a twice-folded blanket underneath the rail cover to provide a 'cushion' - it stayed in place well. I did this for 2 reasons, 1) a hard bite would be sure not to get through and 2) there would be a cushion on the rail in case of falls. My child has never tried to undo the ties or remove the covers. The other negative about these is an inconvenience factor of needing to remove them when I need to remove the mattress to wash her bed sheet. Her crib required 3 of the railing covers and I eventually learned how tip the mattress and pull it up so I wouldn't need to remove the side cover(s), but I would think that it would be more cumbersome if the crib required 4 covers. But you do what you have to do to keep things nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real crib-saver!, December 5, 2010
This review is from: Trend Lab Fleece CribWrap Rail Covers for Crib Sides (Set of 2), Brown, Wide (Baby Product)
I wish I had found this product before my little beaver (daughter) gnawed some pretty serious dents in her crib. I originally purchased the adhesive type that rolls onto the rails, and that was a disaster. I couldn't get it on right, and she was able to pull it off immediately. It took no time at all to install this product (I purchased the long side as well), it stays nicely in place, she loves to rest against the padded sides. It protects her teeth and gums when she chews, and the crib railings from damage. As a bonus, you can pop it off when it gets dirty and wash in the washing machine. My little one is also a bouncer, so it pads the rails a bit to soften the thumps on her chin and mouth when they bump into the wood. I would recommend this to anyone, especially before they start teething1

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprise Product!, August 3, 2011
I have to be honest, I didn't want to buy these. I didn't think they would work! I wanted to buy the platic/rubbery guards. After reading their reviews, I knew they wouldn't work on our crib! But, my daughter has a white crib, so she was chewing the paint right off the rails, I needed something. I didn't think this product would help at all! Well, SUPRISE! She no longer tries to eat through her crib!! They look nice, wash easily, and stay on rather well! My only regret is that I didn't buy them early! I could have kept the crib in great shape if I had just spent the money a few months before we started teething!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 9, 2012
I bought a set (side and front) of crib rail guards in green and pink for my twins. They fit the crib perfectly and are nice and soft. I've been using them for about a month. The crib wraps have stayed in place, are very soft, and are very durable. There has been no more damage to the cribs since I put the crib wraps in place. I wish that I would have bought them sooner!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Still waiting for this ordered item..., February 23, 2014
Please verify that the short and long crib rail covers will be available soon. I've had this order in for almost a month without any available shipping date. I'm not sure if this is standard procedure for Trend Lab but it is definitely frustrating.
Sincerely,
Disappointed Amazon Prime Member

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, April 10, 2013
stonica (California, United States) - See all my reviews
We just purchased, washed, and set up. Held up great in the wash - washed per instructions and hung to dry. Easy to fasten to crib rail, it didn't fit exactly evenly with the rungs, but still works well with very minimal bunching. Daughter loves to stand in her crib and this hasn't prevented her from doing that nor does it turn or move when she pulls on it.
Happy with the purchase and happy to prevent further teeth marks on her crib.