5.0 out of 5 stars Voltron Die Cast Metal, July 7, 2009
This review is from: 1997 Trendmasters Die-Cast Voltron Defenders of the Universe Lionbots Robots (Toy)
This is a similar replica of the Voltron Toy I grew up with. My kids are into Voltron now and this is a great toy for them to play with. The Lion bodies are all die-cast metal. The legs, heads, tails are of plastic material. Be careful as they are fragile in this version, regarding the plastic parts. The tail tip of the green lion broke after taking out of the Voltron body. This version comes with all the accessories ie. sword, star, individual lion weapons etc. Overall, a great purchase. The only caution I have is the durability of some of the plastic parts. If you keep it as a collector's piece, you shouldn't have any problems with durability but with kids who want to play with it, be cautious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready to Form Voltron..., April 26, 2012
When Voltron was on the air..back in the mid 80s it was a smash. although there was the vehicle team voltron (which is still awesome) as well as a 3 robot version (which never made it to the u s ..thank god..because that one sucked but they made a toy of that..go figure )...But the coolest Voltron hands down is the Lion team...

the 1997 trendmasters lion force voltron gift set ... is one of those products that re- captures the fun and coolness factor of voltron. i still have the matchbox die cast set and i have to tell you..those were awesome..but,i have to say the quality of the trendmasters set is quite good in fact, its a spot on match to the originals ..i remember grabbing mine at toys r us for 25.00 bucks what a deal that was! i got 2 sets (one kept mint in box)

they used the original matchbox molds for this one too..with high quality die cast metal parts..if you were a collector of transformers in the mid 80s..you know what im talking about:)

the lions are well detailed.and each have some little "surprise" function.. such as spring loaded firing heads and the like (you wont see those anymore probably because, well lets be realistic here kids these days are DUMB and will most likely get hurt somehow because they arnt careful..i still have my rocket firing boba fett and shooting cylon raider and i never got hurt because i knew how to take care .....bottom line these are made for the collector and rightfully so and i wouldnt give this set to little johnny..)

all the lions here are quite poseable to a degree..which make them a unique display piece..i get a lot of compliments on mine from time to time.. when voltron is formed..you get a high quality robot..that is just cool to look at..

this set also comes with all the weapons that were seen on the tv series back in the 80s.... there was also the LIONBOTS knock offs and those were cool because those had the weapons too..

bottom line here folks theres lots of detail here sure, they have been other sets over the years..but NONE of them are using die cast metal anymore..and thats a shame.. because it only adds durability and that extra something...

if your a voltron fan or collector this is the next best thing to the matchbox set..its a no brainer...

lets go voltron force !

5.0 out of 5 stars 1997 Trendmasters Die-Cast Voltron, September 1, 2013
I5Flier (Salem, OR USA) - See all my reviews
Very much a fan of Voltron since the series first premiered on television in the 80's. I'd never given much thought to collecting until I started looking for items to purchase online. When I spotted this item I even though it was a little pricey I couldn't resist the idea of owning one. The seller was very prompt with their shipping because it arrived much sooner than I expected. When I opened the box I was amazed at the condition of the product. Now, I've purchased goods from other sellers that were dented, dinged, and more than a little banged up from shipping. I can honestly say that the Trendmasters Voltron box was spotless, completely sealed, and in new condition as promised. If you are a serious collector of Voltron memorabilia the die-cast version is ideal because they are durable. Especially if you are planning on giving these as a gift to younger person. I will buy from this supplier again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Voltron, July 11, 2013
It's the real deal. I was skeptical about the quality of the product, but upon I arrival I changed my mind quickly.

Thanks, Trendmasters!!

5.0 out of 5 stars my husband love it, December 21, 2012
pricy but worth it my husband look like a kid again when he opened the box and loves voltron so worth the price to a true fan

5.0 out of 5 stars its just like back in the 80's, September 3, 2013
I was looking for Voltron for my boyfriend age 35 he always wanted one , when it arrived and put it together it felt just like the one in the 80's heavy tall and metal like... the tiger heads shoot out the face of voltron if inside the tiger face. He has now introduced voltron to his 4 year old son who now is convinced that he is the defender of the universe. awesome to see them play with it. highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Figure, August 26, 2013
I've been searching for a Voltron figure for a long while and happy that I finally got him.
Other optional weapons is slightly disliked.
I've put Voltron on my personal figure collectors shelving.
Quality is above my expectation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, June 7, 2013
Wonderful product and reminds me of my childhood. I lost mine years ago, its nice to replace it and have it in my collection again

5.0 out of 5 stars great, December 29, 2012
my son has been asking for this for the last two years. finaly got one for him at a great price. love it

4.0 out of 5 stars similar to the original, July 1, 2011
This Voltron toy is very similar to the original toy sold when I was a kid. My kids are enjoying watching the old series and are watching the new one on Nickelodeon. I purchased this toy years ago and have shown it to my kids who absolutely love it. I'm curious to see if they will come out with another version of it.