on November 20, 2010
Verified Purchase
One of the greatest things about the Kindle is how light and comfortable to hold it is. However, if you're gonna treat your Kindle anything like I treat a paper book, you're going to need some kind of case to protect it. It's a bummer because no matter how sleek the case, you still have to forfeit a bit of the Kindle's compactness.

As should be obvious, I was looking for a sleek case. This one definitely fits the bill as it is pretty simple. I also like that it had a slide-in design instead of the flimsy-seeming corner bungies common in other cases. The top flip, as opposed to side flip, cover also appealed to me since it seemed to olde timey book-like to have to hold something open like... well... a book, and the top flip design definitely seems keep the Kindle as monolithic as possible.

Things I'd like to change about this case:

Is that little kick stand really necessary? If I want to stand my Kindle up, I'll just use the main flap of the case. The kick stand adds unnecessary bulk and sacrifices the potential simple, black, good style this case nearly achieves.

The magnetic closure is super fantastic! Why not also add magnetic closure to the back so the kindle is held open once you flip the case open?

All in all, mostly what I was looking for, accurate to pictures and description, reasonable craftsmanship for the price. Definitely the best I could find after an embarrassingly long search (I get a little too into finding "the one").

Enjoy
on November 13, 2010
Verified Purchase
Wow...how often does one have the opportunity to be the first to leave a product review on Amazon?

It took me all of ten seconds after taking this cover out of the package to decide that I absolutely love it. It is well crafted with nice stitching. The leather smells great! My Kindle3 fits securely and is well protected. The magnets hold the cover firmly closed and the stand as well. When set up on a table, the stand is the perfect angle for reading.

If I had to make any complaint at all, it would be that the access to the page turn keys feels somewhat restricted due to the depth of the cover, but it has not been difficult to use or anything. I suspect this is just me getting used to a new style of cover. Also, the page turn keys on the Kindle3 are much smaller than those on the Kindle2, which may be contributing to this. I had the standard Amazon cover on my Kindle2 which left the front of the Kindle completely exposed and allowed it to constantly flop around all over the place. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be much happier with the TrendyDigital cover.

Buy with confidence. You too will be pleased.
on November 22, 2010
Verified Purchase
Bottom line is this is a 5 star case. It's worth the money. When i ordered i felt i was paying too much until i received the case. It's extremely well made. None of that elastic corner nonsense. The kindle is very snug, fits perfectly (buttons) and the leather or pleather whatever it is is quality. I have no complaints.
on January 6, 2011
Verified Purchase
This is an excellent case for my Kindle 3. I wanted a case that had the following features:
1) flip style
2) kick-stand for hands-free reading
3) slim design
4) a slip-in, compartment mounting system (not elastic corners)
5) no pockets
6) uniform feel from the left or right side
7) thickness (but not too much!) without weight (I find the Kindle too slim to hold comfortably)

This case has all those features. It's great looking, and the magnets hold the cover securely closed, with no unnecessary straps or flaps or buckles or snaps. I like that the front cover flips over the top -- some styles flip under, which places the part that touches your screen on the table. This case doesn't have that problem.

You can't tell from the picture or description, but the kick stand in the back is held securely against the back with another magnet -- it's easy to pull out when needed, but does not flop around when not needed. The top flap itself cannot function as a stand on a smooth surface -- it slides backwards and doesn't stay put. The kick stand has a small grosgrain ribbon that keeps it from sliding.

The inside of the case has a velvety texture, and it does attract lint. The compartment that the Kindle slides into is snug, but the buttons are all easily accessible. With my Kindle in the case and the case closed, it measures 3/4 of an inch thick when lying on the table on its back (the kickstand accounts for a little more than 1/8 inch of this), 7-3/4 of an inch long, and 4-7/8 of an inch wide. The buttons on both sides, and the switches on the bottom, are exposed at all times. The speakers on the back are covered at all times. The case does come in other colors, but they are listed in Amazon separately -- you have to search for them.

Recommended.
on November 23, 2010
Verified Purchase
Just took my Kindle with me on a business trip. Love this case. Was able to set it on the table when dining alone. And love, love the magnetic closure. So easy to travel with, closes in a snap. The case has all necessary keys available and couldn't be easier to use. Very happy with this purchase!
on January 26, 2011
Verified Purchase
I spent weeks searching for a good case after I got my kindle for Christmas. I wanted a case that would hold the kindle securely, without adding too much bulk or interfering with using the device. Most of the cases I found were more like books, with clips and buttons to hold the case closed, and I was concerned that would block the view of the screen or add a lot of bulk.

This case is exactly what I was looking for. The flip cover is great! There are no clips or closures to get the way, the magnets hold securely without interfering with the using the kindle. The kindle is very secure within the pocket, and no buttons are covered. Its a very sturdy case, and I like that I can rest it on my chest while I'm reading it, practically hands-free.

I'm certain its not made out of leather, but I could care less, it looks nice. It had a bit of an odor when I first got it, but within a week the smell was gone. Great product!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 3, 2011
Verified Purchase
Like a lot of other Kindle users, I have tried a variety of covers and was even one of the unfortunates who had freeze/reboot issues with the non-lighted hinged version.

I am a big bed-time reader - and poor sleeper who wakes often, reads & falls asleep and wakes up again and so on throughout the night - so it finally dawned on me that what I really needed was a cover that stood up by itself.

This is an excellent product. The angle is perfect, I have used it reading on my side or propped on my chest. A couple of reviewers wondered why it needed the little kickstand. It does seem as if you could use the flap instead, but in fact the little kickstand allows you to adjust the angle better than the flap would and the "tie" on the little kickstand makes it very stable. Lets just say I go to sleep and move around, turn over etc and when I wake up it still standing there.

The magnetic clasp keeps it safely closed and the case protects the Kindle very well. Not mentioned in the product description but noted by a couple of other reviewers, the little kickstand is magnetic also, so it lies nice and flat. I was concerned that it would add bulk or weight, but it doesn't.

The case overall feels nice - I don't know if it is leather (it probably isn't) but it looks and feel nice and doesn't have any odor.

Excellent purchase, very functional and well worth the money.
Verified Purchase
This cover allows for both the protection of the Kindle as well as a utility that permits the kindle to rest on a table or other surfact for ideal reading enjoyment.
on December 31, 2010
Verified Purchase
I tried this cover, and it's a quality product. I traded it in for the side-opening version, but that's just my personal preference. If you like the flip-top variety, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one.
on February 22, 2011
Verified Purchase
I did a lot of research on Kindle3 covers before I settled on the TrendyDigtal cover. The things that appealed to me are:
1. It was a flip cover as opposed to a book style cover.
2. The Kindle slid into the case and is I believe, more securely held than just corner straps.
3. The cover has a soft interior giving great protection to my Kindle.
4. It appeared to be very well made.
5. It has a 'leg' to prop the Kindle up so it can be read very easily while at a table or desk.

So, were my expectations met....absolutely!!

It is very well made, very easy to use and hold in an open position and gives great protection to my Kindle. I travel a lot by public transport and I can easily hold the Kindle and turn pages one handed, while standing.
The cover is a real neat fit on the Kindle, with it being held firmly with no sign of wanting to slip out and with the cover closed, gives great protection.
The cover looks very smart and I belive will give years of great service.

The only thing I noticed was that there was a rather noxious smell when it first arrived, due I think t adhesives used in its manufacture. However, I have had the cover for just on two weeks and the smell has all but disappeared.

I absolutely recommend this cover.

Chris