5.0 out of 5 stars Good investment to keep your Kindle safe
Published 21 months ago by Island Cindy

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Product
Published on January 14, 2012 by Anita

5.0 out of 5 stars Good investment to keep your Kindle safe, June 28, 2012
This review is from: TrendyDigital WaterGuard Plus Waterproof Case with Padding for Kindle Touch (Red) (Electronics)
I received my Trendy Digital waterproof case a few days ago, and finally had an opportunity to try it out. Some background: I tried to put my Kindle Touch in a ziploc bag when I was at the beach a few weeks ago, and it didn't work. I knew there had to be a better way. I found this item, and the idea of using the foam pads to keep the case from "touching" the touch-pad made perfect sense. Also, when using my KT at the sunny pool last weekend it became hot - too hot to hold - I think because of the graphite casing. I had to lay it on my lounge chair in order to read it.

I did the recommended "dry test" first, and the case was waterproof - no problem there. Next, I installed the L-shaped foam pieces inside my case, rather than on my Kindle. To make this easier, I used little post-it notes stuck on the outside of the case to mark the corners where I wanted to stick the foam pieces. A little tricky, but not really complicated. Note that normally I keep my Kindle in a sleeve, rather than a cover, so I didn't have to deal with a cover.

After doing the above, I took my KT outside for over an hour tonight and tried the various functions. Everything worked fine - power on/off, turn pages by touch, turn pages by swiping, swipe to go to a new chapter, search, go to page/location, etc. I could not find any function that did not work correctly, and it was not "too hot to handle!"

So far, I am pleased with my Trendy Digital Waterproof Case. I will try it at the pool this weekend and, if I have any problems, I will update my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, August 29, 2012
NancyCM (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
Like others mentioned, I ended up putting the sticky bits on the inside of the front panel - which did take just a few extra moments - and it's worked perfectly. It was still very easy to insert and remove my Kindle Touch (KT).

Just returned from a week at the beach, and I was so glad to be able to read my KT in the pool/beach/bath/everywhere!

You should definitely get one! Just put the pads inside the case, instead of on your Kindle. It was easier than it sounds. I used another's recommendation to put my KT in the case, place post-it notes on the outside at each corner of the KT, then remove the KT and place the pads accordingly. Voila! One note I'd add, is to push the KT down pretty far inside the case before sticking the post-its, as the case does provide a bit of movement when the KT is inside... just my two cents.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the beach!, May 10, 2013
I bought this product for my beach vacation. The product really was great. It did come with the "L-shaped corner stickers".. but I kept my gel case on my Kindle and inserted it into the case and it gave it enough space to work all of the Kindle functions properly, so I had no need for the corner stickers. Great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Reading while in a Swimming Pool, January 19, 2013
This is the second case I've purchased. After several years of use one of the seams between the double zippers split. The case had been used a lot during several summers. It didn't seem to effect the overall water tightness but after buying a new smaller Kindle I opted for a new case. The case has two press and seal zippers and then folds like a dry bag you would use for kayaking. There is also a neck strap that is very handy. For the price I think they are a great deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Product, January 14, 2012
I am very disappointed in this product. I purchased it for use with my new Kindle Touch. I have tried more than a dozen times to use the kindle while in the case, each time giving up in frustration. The vinyl cover interacts with the kindle's touch screen, causing the reader to behave erratically. While in the case, the kindle jumps forward and backwards at will and also, very frequently, changes font size.

Before I purchased the cover, I had viewed the youtube video, posted by Trendy Digital, purporting to show that the kindle works while in the case. Since the video convinced me to purchase it, I kept thinking I must be doing something wrong. Each time I tried it again, I vowed to touch the screen verrrrry carefully.

However, I just went back to re-watch the video, thinking that I must be missing some vital hint. I now notice something which escaped my notice before. The demonstrator keeps the kindle flat on a table top throughout the video. With the kindle flat on a horizontal surface the demo seems to show it working ok. But if I pick it up and hold it to read, the slight movement of my hands holding the case causes the vinyl to come in contact with the touch screen and cause the erratic behavior. Perhaps if I were willing to sit at my kitchen table with the kindle flat in front of me it would work. But then I really wouldn't need a waterproof case would I?

I purchased this in hopes of being able to take my kindle out with me when I use my hot tub. I'm about to go out now, but I guess I'll have to scrounge around for an old paperback to read. Save your money. I'll be returning mine.

UPDATE - I quickly received a reply from Trendy Digital offering to send me for free an "enhancement" to the product. They point to this video: [...]
I can only say "Really??". You want me to stick some adhesive backed foam strips onto my brand new kindle so your crappy product will work? And then when I take my kindle out of the crappy waterproof case, it won't fit properly into my regular case because of the foam strips that are stuck on the front? Why don't you just admit your product was not ready for prime time?

ARRAY(0xa253206c)