Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

Package Quantity: 1Change
Price:$5.65+ Free shipping

on December 8, 2012
This hair treatment is not for people who want spikes, mowhawk, flat top ex. This hair treatment is made for combing your hair back (slicking) or if you want to part your hair. It will hold either one of these all day with a finger tip full. Maybe a bit more if you have allot of hair and want it to lay flatter.

1. You DO NOT need a hand full. A finger tip full should do fine.

2. It should be worked into damp hair not soaking wet because it works against the treatment and if you go dry it is to hard to get it into your hair. Notice I said into not onto. You want to rub the treatment on both your hands and run your hands vigorously through your hair. DO NOT just smush it ontop of your hair because it won't hold right otherwise.

3. This treatment DOES NOT wash out with shampoo. Unless you want to wash and rinse your hair 3 times at least. You need to use a hand soap or dish soap like dawn if you want to get it out in one go. But if you do one wash with regular shampoo once your hair will have some left in after so you just use a but less when you style.

The treatment smells good. It is not an overpowering smell more like a lotion or an after shave. It is something other people should smell when close to you not 10 feet away. This is something people never learn with body spray. I have had a few people ask me at grocery stores and at the movies what I was wearing. Most mould not believe until they smelled my hair that it was a hair treatment.

It's better than a gel or spray for the above mentioned hair styles because it does not get hard or crusty. Three flowers has a nice "semi gloss" shine to it as many older styled hair treatments. It is very Similar to "Axe shine Pomade" BUT the thee flowers has a more pleasant smell (Axe Pomade smells to strong like many of their products) and the Axe needs a bit more water before application because it tens to be a bit more WAX like than the three flowers. The three flowers may seem expensive but if you want to keep a simple clean hair style and want to use three flowers as your only styling product it will work just fine.

Note: this should be applied to freshly clean hair every time. Even if you use a regular shampoo that leaves some of the three flowers behind that does not matter. What matters is dirt, grit, flakes oils and other "bed head" symptoms will not be covered up by use of this treatment. In fact these symptoms will work against the treatment and make your hair look messy and a bit of a "mop top" as the old timers say
on November 30, 2013
I've been using Joico Brilliante pomade for the past 20 years and have been looking for a replacement since it was discontinued. The few others I have tried have been either too sticky, not thick enough, or smell awful. This is the first I feel is just right. This is a simple comparison of the discontinued Joico versus Tres Flores for those needing to switch to something new.

Packaging: This is a much smaller container than I thought it would be and looks like a mini jar of sour kraut. There is probably half the amount of product here compared to Joico but it costs about 1/3 the amount so I have no complaints other than needing to get a couple more containers of it.

Cost: See above, it's a better value than Joico.

Smell: Tres Flores has a slightly sharper/more intense smell. It lasts longer into the day and I find myself noticing it more, that is partially because it's a new scent for me. Overall I feel the smell is nicely understated, mature, and masculine. It lacks the chemical scent that a lot of modern hair products have these days.

Hold: Almost exactly like Joico's product. I was skeptical when I rubbed it on my fingers because it just felt like Vaseline but the amount required is the same and the shine/hold is very similar.

I would highly recommend this product to those that need a replacement for Joico Brilliante pomade. Yes, the packaging is awful and it is an "old mans" product but it really does work. I'm a 35 y/o healthcare professional by the way.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2008
It doesnt get hard like gel, yet gives a nice look and easy to shape
on August 10, 2012
Men of modern era mostly can't stand having grease in their hair. This leads them to buy products that dry like hair gels. I think what they'll find is that to get the classy looks from the days gone by, they'll have to get over that aversion to grease. Grease is what makes your hair look wet and pliable all day/night long. So if you can get over the greasy feeling, Tres Flores is a great way to slick your hair down. I think it's got three ingredients: Petrolatum (vasoline), Lanolin, and 'scent.' A hair slicker doesn't need more ingredients than that. I can't even pronounce the chemicals that exist in many modern hair products. Tres Flores is really similar to Royal Crown Hair Dressing. The difference is lanolin versus olive oil. Tres Flores will hold your hair down better than Royal Crown because of this. I think both products smell pretty good. A bit like your great grandmother's purse as she opens it to hand you a stick of gum or a kleenex. For years I used Dep hair gel to try and force my hair into the style I wanted. It never worked and I didn't know what I was missing out on until I started using old timey pomade. If your wife won't divorce you for leaving dark spots on your pillow cases, give this stuff a try. I much prefer Tres Flores to modern products including Layrite pomade.
on May 18, 2014
I have been using it since I was a small kid and have always liked it. I don't like having gel in my head because I like touching my hair a lot throughout the day. I also like the shine and hold the pomade it last for a very long time which is great if your not always home. I have used many different pomades but this is still one of my favorite ones
on March 28, 2014
I have not personally purchased tres flores from Amazon, but i have used it before for many years. When I was a little kid, my grandma would always put this in my hair. Yes it is greasy, but if you're trying to have a legitemate pompadour then this is the stuff to use. It is kind of hard to wash out, but it will give you the results you want. I have thick wavy hair and currently use suavecito (which is expensive.) Im considering going back to this product. I'm from Santa Maria CA, and this can be found at the local Rite Aid drug stores for around $5, no shipping charges and ready to be purchased. It all comes down to personal prefference; be a girly man and don't want to be greasy, or be a man and use the stuff of legends. If it worked for the rockers of old, it'll work for you. Like I said, I've used it before and have fond memories of it, damp the hair and comb through. The only reason I stopped using it in the first place was because as a kid, I would always get sand in my hair from the sand box in elementry school. Now that I'm older, I don't have to worry about getting sand in my hair. With that said, take a chance. What's the worse that could happen? It may or may not work for you, but we all gotta search for the right products to suit our own individual needs.
on January 9, 2009
Unfortunately, fewer and fewer stores are carrying 'Three Flowers Brilliantine'. I am thankful that I can still by it on line.
I am a senior male who uses this product on my beard and my hair and it's really wonderful and the scent is unique and fantastic.
on April 7, 2011
Excellant way to keep short hair in place. I am not a girly man and don't primp at all. Quik shower a little Tres Flores in the palm rub hands together stroke thru hair, I'm good. Pleasant smell. Reminds me of my youth at the Barber Shop and Butch Wax!
on October 25, 2011
The fragrance of this product is intoxicating. I have used it for over 20 years and was so glad to have found it again on Amazon. I'll be buying another one soon!
on January 15, 2011
I have been using this product as a lip gloss since I was in high school in the sixties. It is hard to find now in the stores. glad it is still available online.