5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, sporty look
The band you can see below the eyelets is elastic, which keeps the tongue in place and offers a better fit, keeping it tight to the foot.

It works as a great casual shoe around the office. I'm happy with the suede, though the winter months have not been kind and the sides look a bit stained, but that's to be expected with wear and tear.

These shoes...
Published 21 months ago by Pavel Bass

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved the look but flimsy!
Looked great and felt really comfy but the sole tore just after 2 months of moderate use. My other sneakers lasted a way longer than this! Disappointed!
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Loved the look but flimsy!, February 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, sporty look, January 3, 2013

These shoes come with a comfortable sole- I usually have to use inserts for boots or active gear, but these were fine in an office setting with minimal to moderate amounts of walking.

Update (6/5/13): At almost a year later, these shoes have taken some heavy wear. The grey is splotchy and no longer looks smart and clean. The worst part though is the glue has loosened around the sole, and I'm not just talking about some slight separation. There are parts where I can squeeze the sole and look at the foot.

I'm not upset since I got my $50 worth, but this isn't a pair that is going to last.

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favorite shoe ever!, September 7, 2013
I bought two backups of this just so I have more when this product is discontinued. I also bought them in different colors and designs, because it's the best damn shoe I've ever owned!

5.0 out of 5 stars My feet have never looked so good, August 5, 2014
These are THE most stylish shoes I've ever owned. I love everything about them: the design, the elastic band, the low profile, the way the colors and materials contrast and complement one another. I never even considered buying boat shoes before I saw these. I always thought they were ugly. But the moment I laid my eyes on these, it was love at first sight. They are beautiful. I've never said that about shoes before. Of course, they're not your normal, stodgy boat shoes. They're a hybrid variant, a modern take on the genre, one that inspires your eyes and the the eyes of others to stop and stare. Yup, I've gotten several compliments on these. I liked them so much I bought another pair in a different style/color, but these pewter suede ones are my faves. The only negative thing I can say about them is that they're so low profile and the soles are so thin that you can step on a coin and know which president is on it. Simple fix: Dr. Scholls gel inserts. Bam!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected., September 2, 2014
This review is from: Tretorn Men's Smogensson Suede Slip-On (Shoes)
This is a great looking shoe that also comes with comfort and stability. It isn't often that I find a shoe that I'm really wanting to wear, but I find myself planning my wardrobe to go with the shoe. I bought the green colored shoe because I found it a lot cheaper elsewhere (30 bucks) but I have also seen the gray and can tell you that the gray's are possibly the sharpest shoe's I've looked at in a while.

You can dress these up or dress them down, and they're fun to wear.
Fits true to size, seems to taper off at the end, but not much and that is normal for dress shoes anyway.

I would recommend these shoes. Tretorn is now my new favorite Brand!

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to return, July 8, 2014
Sorry, but I had to return. The shoe was not comfortable on my feet (which unfortunately is not uncommon for me) and I did not particularly like the style when I actually saw the shoe. So sorry because I have purchased other Tretorn shoes and love them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun shoes, May 29, 2013
Rob Smith (Edmond, OK United States) - See all my reviews
Probably could have ordered 8.5 instead of 9. But they fit pretty good. Quality is superb. Highly recommend these shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes!, April 1, 2013
Stylish pair of shoes and looks durable. The color is as shown in the picture and the size is correct.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Tretorn Men's Smogensson Suede Slip-On (Shoes)
i always use this when going to club and some important gatherings ... very fashionable shoes.. my friend loves it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Slip on, March 11, 2013
I wear them everywhere. unique and comfortable. 1st time i owned a pair of shoes by tretorn. like them so much i bought sneakers too.

Tretorn Men's Smogensson Suede Slip-On