Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Terry Naturally Tri-Iodine 12.5 mg 90 caps
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 90|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 2, 2013
Terry Naturally Tri-Iodine is a great iodine supplement that my husband and I take daily. Each capsule contains the perfect daily dose of 12.5mg of iodine. Iodine is a trace mineral and comes in two forms, elemental iodine and the reduced salts called iodide. This supplement contains both forms of iodine from three sources - potassium iodide, sodium iodide, and iodine (from kelp seaweed). This is very important because the thyroid prefers iodide while the reproductive tissues prefer iodine.

Iodine is important to the production of thyroid hormones and their function at hormone receptor sites. It is also necessary for the movement of nutrition into each of the many trillions of cells in the body and the lymph drainage of toxins out of each of those cells. It plays an important role in protecting cells from heavy metals, chemicals, and toxins that abound in our environment and the foods we eat. It also protects our bodies against radiation.

Iodine also has antibiotic, antiviral, and antiseptic properties. In the 1800's iodine was used as an antibiotic, and modern day surgeons still use it as a pre- and post-operative antiseptic.

Unfortunately today, 72% of the world's population is affected by iodine deficiency according to the World Health Organization. Iodine levels have decreased by 50% in the last 30 years, and in a clinical study of over 5,000 patients conducted by Dr. David Brownstein, more than 96% of those patients were iodine deficient.

As iodine deficiencies have become prevalent, so has obesity, illness and diseases including cancer. But at the same time, the Japanese, who consume an average of 12.5 mg of Iodine a day (from seaweed, seafood, and by adding iodine to eggs through the chicken feed), have remarkably lower rates of breast, endometrial and ovarian cancer, and significantly lower rates of fibrocystic breast disease and prostate cancer. They also have lower rates of obesity.

REASONS FOR IODINE DEFICIENCY:

1) The foods richest in iodine are: seaweed, seafood (shrimp, cod, sea bass, haddock, and perch) and iodized salt. Most of us aren't eating seaweed, and we are consuming less fish because of mercury contamination. That leaves iodized salt and we are consuming less salt because it has been condemned by the medical establishment as a risk factor for high blood pressure and heart disease. We aren't getting all of the iodine we need from salt anyway because it loses 100% of iodine content after exposure to air for 4 weeks.

2) Farming soils have been depleted of iodine and crops grown in these soils are low in iodine.

3) Excessive fluoride, chlorine and bromine chemically displace iodine in our tissues and cause iodine deficiency. Our tap water has added chlorine and fluoride. Drinking it and bathing in it contributes to iodine deficiency. And the baking industry uses bromine compounds as dough conditioners, so eating commercially-produced bread and baked goods also contribute to iodine deficiency.

4) Goiterogenic foods block the absorption of iodine. These are mustard seeds, peanuts, pine nuts, and RAW cruciferous vegetables from the Brassicaceae family, including broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, turnips, kale, kohlrabi, cauliflower, bok choy, and rutabaga. When cooked or steamed, cruciferous vegetables loose their goiterogenic properties.

5) Prescription drugs such as antidepressants (including Paxil and Prozac) contribute to iodine deficiency. People who take antidepressant drugs also have a higher rate of cancer, possibly due to the drugs contribution to iodine deficiency.

IODINE DEFICIENCY IS ASSOCIATED WITH:
* Fibrocystic breast disease
* Ovarian cysts, nodules and scar tissue
* Reproductive disorders, infertility, menstrual irregularities, and early menopause
* Thyroid cancer and nodules on the thyroid
* Cancer including prostate, breast, uterine, ovarian, testicular, and lung cancer
* Goiters, hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Graves' Disease, and Hashimoto's Disease
* Lowered immune function, auto-immune disorders and diseases, and chronic fatigue
* Diabetes
* Bronchial asthma and lung disease
* Skin disorders
* Candida and irritable bowel syndrome
* Fibromyalgia
* Attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity
* Mental retardation
* Cretinism
* Arthritis
* Emotional disorders
* Possible links to Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer's disease

SOME OF THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF IODINE DEFIENCIENCY ARE:
Muscle cramps, lymph gland congestion, weight gain, low blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, slow reflexes, poor memory, fuzzy thinking, fluid retention, migraines, constipation, depression, headaches, edema, myalgia and weakness, cold hands and feet and/or cold intolerance, dry skin, and brittle nails, hair loss on head, body and eyebrows, cysts of the breast, ovaries, thyroid, and skin.

TESTING FOR IODINE DEFICIENCY:

AT HOME IODINE SPOT TEST: Apply a spot 2 inches in circumference of 2% Iodine Tincture (found in the first aid section of the grocery store or pharmacy) on your inner forearm using a q-tip cotton swab. Set an alarm (on your watch, cell phone, etc.) to go off every hour to remind you to check it every hour to see how many hours it takes for the spot to totally fade away. If your iodine levels are normal, the iodine spot will take 24 hours to fade. If it fades in less than 12 hours, consider further testing (see urine loading test below). NOTE - It's best to apply the iodine spot in the early morning after you shower. Also, water will rinse the iodine spot off, so no washing, swimming, etc., until the spot has faded away.

URINE LOADING TEST: You can test for iodine deficiency by taking a large dose of Iodine (50 mg), collecting your urine for the next 24 hours, and having a special laboratory test the iodine levels in the urine. If most of the iodine you ingested shows up in your urine (90% or more), then you aren't iodine deficient. If less shows up in your urine than you ingested (meaning your body retained most of it), then you are deficient. Healthy people retain only 10% and excrete 90%. The current average American retains 56% and excretes only 44% which is a sign of severe deficiency.

WHEN YOU FIRST BEGIN TAKING IODINE:
Because Iodine rids the body of toxins like lead, mercury, cadmium, fluoride, chlorine and bromide, when taking Iodine capsules you might experience temporary side effects like fatigue and irritability as these toxins are stirred up. And if you suffer from Candida or Irritable Bowel Syndrome, you could experience a die-off response (diarrhea, itching, etc.) as the fungus dies and is removed from the body.

SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CONSUMING TOO MUCH IODINE:
Consuming too much iodine usually causes an Immunoglobulin D immune response along with toxic symptoms, including: acne, rashes, diarrhea, fever, headache, increased salivation, metallic taste in mouth, nausea, and sneezing. But some reactions to high iodine intake are caused by the forced excretion of toxic halides, such as bromide, fluoride and perchlorate.

INGREDIENTS (Terry Naturally Tri-Iodine): potassium iodide, sodium iodide, and molecular iodine (from kelp seaweed)

Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable capsule, and silicon dioxide.

Contains no: sugar, soy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, dairy products, artificial flavoring or preservatives. Contains only natural ingredients. Color variations are normal.
44 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
We live in Montana where the weather is grey and cold. I started using Tri-Iodine because I was lethargic which happens to me in the winters and yes, I do take plenty of D-3. I have been pleased with this product: I have more energy; I SLEEP soundly through the night, an unexpected positive! I mentioned this sound sleep to my husband who is usually up at least 3 times per night to urinate (we are late 60's) and now that he takes 2 capsules in the AM, he also sleeps longer hours, sometimes through the night!!!
on November 30, 2012
I have cut back on my salt intake so felt I wasn't getting enough iodine in my diet. Started taking Tri-Iodine and am pleased that some of the symtpoms -- like my eyebrows are now fuller to the edge of the eye than before. If I can see the difference, know that the body is using the Iodine.
on April 30, 2014
I was using a liquid iodine supplement for for my thyroid and wanted to change to a capsule form for simplicity. Using the same amount of milligrams, when I switched to this product, my symptoms returned. To make sure it wasn't just that my thyroid had perhaps deteriorated more, I switched back to my old liquid form and the symptoms improved. This product clearly did not do what it is supposed to do.
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
if you are a not a salt eater. I have been able to lower my thyroid meds using this worth a try
on March 2, 2013
Well, I take Iodine with every meal. Many people are iodine deficient and not aware of it. I use several of the Terry Natural products and always find them to be high quality.
on November 3, 2013
I read the book by Dr Sircus on Iodine and decided to buy this product as it has 3 forms of Iodine. I take 100 mg a day not 150 mcg which is nothing. I've been doing this for 3 weeks now and I feel like I'm 30 again, not 60. I feel this profound sense of well being, inner physical and mental strenght. I'm getting stronger in my weight lifting, faster on my bicycle and I'm going and going all day. I eat and feel done, I'm not constantly hungry and i'm losing body fat easily without starving myself. I recommended it to 4 friends and they all having life changing benefits from it, they also take 100 mg a day.
on April 25, 2012
This stuff works well to get the energy up and brighten mental abilities for me... I could not go to the total dose recommended. Be sure to check w/ your doctor or Pharmacist if you take any medications for possible side effects! The product is an EXCELLENT item!
on February 4, 2013
Thank you for this product. I received it quite fast and the price was just right. Only one suggestion, when you place the scan sticker on the bottle, you will want to make sure it does not cover up the dosage information. thanks!
on December 18, 2012
I take iodine daily for a systematic candida infection, and this product has worked well for me. Iodine is a fantastic thing for the human body; and we don't get as much as we think we do. Great quality product at a great price.