Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 17, 2012
I don't doubt the sense of giving Vitamin D to breastfed babies.
Tri Vi Sol was recommended by the pediatritian. Why they put in artificial flavour and colouring in a product targeted at breastfed babies (not to mention the other additives) is beyond me. On top of the fact that those things are just not good for baby, my son hated the taste.
So I did my own research and we switched to Baby Ddrops. Only ingredient other than Vitamin D is coconut oil, odor- and tasteless, one drop onto Mommys nipple and baby's happy.
Why would a pediatrician recommend a product like this when there are much better alternatives?
Also, why is there Vitamin A and C in there?
Incidentally my son developed baby acne after we gave him the Tri Vi Sol (which we did only once, because the smell prompted me to check the label). Doesn't proof that there is a connection, but a week later it had cleared again.
on March 11, 2016
Great vitamin supplement for baby. My baby hates the one with iron, which I can not stand, either.
This one smells ok and it tastes ok. My baby likes the flavor and does not refuse to drink.
It makes the task much easier for baby.
I also uploaded a photo so you can have a better idea. Please click "yes" if you find it's helpful. Thanks.
review image
on February 29, 2016
Listen up dads! s a new dad, I think I did a good job of doing my research, asking questions and listening to my OB doc. The doc said that although breast milk is the best, your baby needs vitamin D especially, which they do not get enough of with breast milk alone. The straight vitamin D from Enfamil is fine, but we went with the Tri-Vi-sol for the added A and C vitamins. Our boy was skeptical about the taste at first, but quickly grew to tolerate it. We had previously tried the Multi-Vi-Sol, which smells terrible and it's no wonder why our boy would not take it.

Growth and development at the early months are so important. Give your baby the vitamins they need to be healthy, strong and happy. Besides, they can take you out to dinner in 18 years when you remind them about the money you spent on good vitamins so they could grow up to be wise and make smart decisions! :)
on November 4, 2014
I bought this for my daughter because my pediatrician recommended it since I'm exclusively breastfeeding and babies don't get enough vitamin D that way.

I have a couple of problems with these vitamins. Most of them are annoyances, but they've built up enough that I only use it every few days because I don't look forward to giving it to my daughter.

Firstly, the liquid stains and is very sticky. Be sure to have a cloth handy to wipe up any spills or dribbles because the flavor is unpleasant and your baby might let it dribble out down her chin the way mine does. Also, the dropper is leaky and will leave a trail of drops from the bottle to your baby's mouth. This can obviously be avoided by bringing the bottle close to her mouth and holding the dropper over it, but it's still an irritation. I just use a dropper that came with another medicine instead.

More importantly (and as others have said before), there are artificial colors and flavors that we could all do without. I'll likely make an effort to find my daughter another source of vitamin D.
on February 23, 2015
I'm very disappointed to see that they've gone to a cheap syringe type dispenser instead of the lid - integrated dropper that they used to have. What a mess the syringe is!
review image
on July 28, 2015
Not a fan. LO hated the taste and when I tried it I agreed. We are exclusively breastfed and I wouldn't risk putting this in a bottle. You also have to give a large amount and it takes a while to give to the baby. I dislike that there is caramel color in here for NO reason. Decided to go with Carlsson's drops instead which are much easier to give and are flavorless, and have no caramel color.
on January 29, 2015
Mmm mmm good. My pediatrician recommends these vitamins for the baby. 5* for taste that he for some reason loves (its pretty gross but i guess when breastmilk is all you know, the bar is set low). Be careful b/c our most recent purchase of this stuff actually came with a syringe instead of a dropper. The syringe is pretty junky and the dropper was much more effective. Understood that the dropper may not be as sanitary, if that's the reason for the switch, i applaud, however they need to have better hardware for this daily stuff.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2008
I have been giving them to my daughter for 10 months now (she is 14 months), but the horrible taste of the most recent batches is causing her to reject the supplement completely. She has always LOVED the taste of the vitamin drops, and always got really excited when she saw me pulling out the bottle. Unfortunately the last bottle that I bought has an awful taste - I even tried it, and the smell afterwards is just as bad. It smells and tastes very metallic, like old rust. Enfamil sent me a complimentary bottle - it was the exact same thing, but from a different batch! The lot #'s on the bottles are 110005A and 110006A. Here is what they wrote to me in an email:

"Many of the ingredients, such as the vitamins and the iron used in our vitamin and mineral products, have an astringent or bitter taste that can be difficult to mask. We try to make our vitamin and mineral supplement drops as palatable as possible without excessive or unnecessary use of sweeteners or artificial flavors. Many quality control steps are taken during and after production of each batch of our products. We carefully inspect raw materials, make in-process checks and thoroughly examine each finished batch to ensure that it meets our high standards for physical appearance and nutrient content. We would not release a batch if it did not meet specifications. It is possible to observe some batch-to-batch variation in our products. Differences in raw ingredients may affect the taste, odor, or consistency. Each batch is tested before it is released, and we would not expect these differences to affect a baby's acceptance or tolerance of the formula."

Now I have to search for an alternative.
on February 4, 2016
My kids have done very well with this vitamin. The price here was the same as buying them through Sam's Club but more convenient! I was worried that the expiration date would be closer to when I purchased it but surprisingly it was about a year out.
on May 28, 2014
These were recommended by our pediatrician so we just went with it. I'm not a fan of the taste and smell of the product. If it's just a supplement drop, they should have made it neutral so I can put it in milk or water without changing the taste. I feed this directly to my kids and it's good thing they are okay with the taste.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse