5.0 out of 5 stars Love the flip of a switch changeover
This is an awesome machine ! ! I previously have owned a Craftsman and a Toro blower/mulcher. I knew it was a pain to switch the attachments to mulch versus blow. But now that I have the flip of a switch operation, I would not want to go back.

Published on June 5, 2010 by Dee A. Allen

1,108 of 1,138 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars much better units out there
Published on May 26, 2009 by polarpooch

1,108 of 1,138 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars much better units out there, May 26, 2009
polarpooch "polarpooch" (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WORX TriVac WG500 12 amp All-in-One Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum (Lawn & Patio)
this product is a cool idea...a leaf blower that turns vacuum w/the flip of a switch. Problem is, it doesn't do it nearly as well as it could or should. First, the impeller is plastic. One errant rock or hard piece of bark sucked up in the vacuum, and expect your blades to chip. Mine chipped on the first use. Next, the bag is problematic. It's easy to click into place, but very difficult to dislodge. Mine just would not budge at all. No amount of force, or coaxing or balance could get the bag off. I have read other people have had the same problem. Finally, the design. The end of the unit is angled up. Which seems like a good idea until you use it. Because the motor is the heaviest feature, the unit naturally wants to tip backward in your hand--the opposite direction of the angle on the nozzle. It just means your hand/forearm gets tired a lot quicker. the power of the blower/vac is pretty decent. But that's about all I can say for this gadget. For the money, I expected better. A lot better. I sent this back, and bought a Toro Ultra for $20 less. It doesn't have that "one touch" toggling between blower and vac, but it does have a metal impeller, is simple to assemble and use, weighs less, mulches great, has variable speed and doesn't have nearly the "hang ups" that this unit has.

1.0 out of 5 stars bag broke after usihg 2 times/very poor customer service, June 9, 2009
S. Perry (Green Bay, WI) - See all my reviews
After the second use the zipper on the bag broke. Contacting customer service has been a nightmare. They don't answer the phone and a machine asks you to leave a call back number, which they say they will return in 24-48 hours, never happened. Finally after 2 weeks I finally got a hold of someone. They would not provide me with a phone # that was not a 1-800 number or physical address for their company or let me talk to a supervisor (said they were all busy on other phone calls. They did consent to replace the bag, but I am not sure this is a good idea if their customer service stinks. Seriously considering returning the whole unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worx All-in-One Electric Maybe Good For Small Jobs, October 19, 2009
Yardman (Peter's Creek) - See all my reviews
The Worx All-in-One Electric B/M/V is good and strong, but may not be dependable for more than quick clean ups. My experience with the machine is that it has a strong motor and worked very well for about two hours. The plastic impeller is it's achilies heel. I found that it chipped easily and the machine lost a great deal of its power fairly quickly.

The Worx warranty is a good one and the company honored it with a replacement unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the flip of a switch changeover, June 5, 2010

Previous reviews mentioned a negative of the plastic impeller. I trimmed 24 landscaping bushes (spirea, euyonomus, holly, barberrrys and such) and mulched the trimmings. I had to stop one time as a pretty big piece of cypress mulch got lodged in the impeller. I have never owned any gas operated models before but I think it handled it all well.

I love mine ! !

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Satisfied, October 11, 2008
Larry Leyva (New Mexico, USA) - See all my reviews
The unit has good power as a blower but the power as a vacuum is very weak. Not satified with the product

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I expected; didn't have the problems others had., November 18, 2010
Bruce Z. (South Dakota) - See all my reviews
I normally don't like leaf blowers when used as a substitute to raking. To me, that seems kinda pointless like trying to herd cats if the grass is tall and the leaves have gotten wet from rain while on the ground. However, the blower is nice for clearing gutters and cleaning off driveways, sidewalks, and other areas where a rake does not do so well.

I really like the quick switch between modes without having to reconfigure the tubes. Some of the other blower/vacs force you to change the tubes around and I would rather get work done than play "transformers" with the machine.

The vacuum works very well on dry leaves depending on the type. The leaves from my elm trees ground up very fine while the maple leaves did not since they have veins that were not as brittle. The plastic impaler was not a problem for me like it was for others. I have some rock landscaping that I avoided using the vacuum near. I found it works well to rake and/or blow the leaves into a pile in a safe area clear of those hazards before switching to the vacuum mode.

This is a good machine for around your own home but not intended for the pros since it would probably not hold up to the abuse when in a hurry and the extension cord would be a pain to lug around plus then require finding outdoor outlets at the customer's site.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worx TriVac, September 17, 2010
J. Barasky "JB" (Franklin Park, NJ USE) - See all my reviews
The Worx TriVac definitely is a jack of all trades. It does everything it says it does, however, don't expect to be blown away! The power in this unit is OK at best. Don't get me wrong, it does vacuum and blow, but the power isn't anything to brag about. You really have to be right on top of the leaves to suck them in and not much range in the blower. However, it does mulch the leaves to extremely tiny particles which makes for a great mulch or fill. I would recomend this product to a guy that wants to vacuum up and mulch the leaves, while occasionally blowing certain areas. This is not a product to buy if you mainly blow the leaves; in that case, get a more powerful blower only model. I also would not recommend this product to a woman of petite stature as this product is definitely a bit heavy and not the most comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just As Advertised, October 29, 2010
I purchased this item after seeing it on a TV ad. And I must say, it's just as it was advertised - a rarity. I'm 67 years old and I can manipulate the TriVac with ease. It wasn't heavy or cumbersome at all. When you set it on "full-blow," it really moves the leaves. And I really like the ability to switch from blower to vac/mulch with the flip of a switch. I was able to suck up a large pile of leaves in a very short amount of time. Of course, I had to fight with my grandkids because they wanted to jump in the pile of leaves, but that's another matter.

I did think the 10 to 1 bagging ratio was a bit overblown, but I was able to put all of the leaves in my back yard (a good size yard) into one 55 gal liner bag. So I guess they were correct on that as well.

I only have one concern. I wish the fan was made of metal rather than plastic. While Customer Service said the fan was made of hardened plastic, I wish they would offer a metal fan as a replacement. However, since the plastic replacement fan is only $9.00, it's not a bad deal if it has to be replaced.

Other than my one concern, I'd give it high marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Freedom Machine, December 13, 2010
This is the best piece of leaf removing equipment I have ever purchased. Every year, I buy a new "improved" rake that promises to elminate the aches and pains of yard clean up, especially in the fall. I originally saw this on an informercial and was immediately interested because of the size and weight. We have a small yard, but neighbors on both sides of us have large maple trees, along with some others, and they all blow onto our property. My husband handles the lawn mowing and snow blowing, but will not assist with the leaf clean up. I have come to hate autumn, which was always my favorite season. I ordered the leaf vacuum from Amazon.com because of the free shipping and also because I have always been satisfied with the service. I was not disappointed. I love this little leaf/vac. The most important thing for me, as I have small hands, is that you don't have to change heads to go from blower to vacuum. The fact that it also mulches is an added bonus. It is not tiring; my back does not hurt after using it, and I can do it all by myself, without begging my husband to help. This is the first year I went into winter without that terrible leaf mess left behind. I would recommend the TriVac All-in-One Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost Worthless, November 3, 2009
I just bought a house and needed a leaf blower now that fall is here. I just happened to see an infomercial for this on Saturday and saw it in Sears on Sunday, and am returning it on Tuesday.

As a blower... WORTHLESS!
As a vacuum... not terrible if you only have a tiny amount of leaves.
As a mulcher... well, it did chop up those leaves pretty well.

Overall, great is you're a 90 year old woman looking to clear a dozen leaves from her patio.
Completely worthless if you are anyone else.

WORX TriVac WG500 12 amp All-in-One Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum
$149.99 $88.95
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.