Most helpful critical review
22 of 23 people found the following review helpful
Trivision NC-336PW - Record to NAS not working
on August 31, 2013
I chose this camera because it advertised all the features I was looking for, which were:
1. Record to NAS cabability. Does not work with large NAS, mine is 3TB. As of this write up their tech support is still working on a fix.
2. POE 802.3af. It does work with POE but the attached POE adapter is bulky about 4inch by 4inch with a 2.5ft cable. When you mount the camera on a ceiling or a wall you have this 2.5ft of cable and the adapter that will remain visible. It won't be a clean mount that only shows the camera and cat6 cable.
3. HD H.264 stream. No problem here.
4. NightVision capable. No problem here, just know It does with IR and picture will be black/white as expected.
5. External weatherproof. No problem here.
6. Record to onboard MicroSD. 32GB max and not included. No problem here.
7. Audio Stream over the H.264. No complaint.
8. Wireless b/g/n 2.4ghz. It would be nice if it had 5ghz n. But no complaint
I am giving it 3 stars because my #1 reason for purchasing it was for the NAS capability, not working with mine because it's too large. My #2 reason was for POE so that I would not need bulky power injectors. This doesn't have a separate power injector, but the attached POE adapter is just a bulky as a power injector and does not make for a clean installation. If recording to NAS is not a feature you need, and you don't need a clean aesthetic install then this camera for the price is worth it.