4.0 out of 5 stars wait for it...
Published on July 15, 2012 by ElizaFair64

3.0 out of 5 stars Cartridges are a Ripoff
Published on April 11, 2012 by jhutson

3.0 out of 5 stars Cartridges are a Ripoff, April 11, 2012
This review is from: TriaŽ Acne Blue Light System / TriaŽ Skin Perfecting Blue Light System
I received this 2+ weeks ago and have been using it as instructed. It has reduced the number and duration of blemishes that I am used to without the usual negative side effects IE. dryness, flaky skin, harsh chemical...but for some reason I still feel ripped off. It's all about the time $40 cartridges. The product is not cheap, and having to buy $40 cartridges to add time to the device seems like a slap in the face. To be clear, the cartridge adds minutes to the device that you use for treatment. It is not a battery or bulb or anything relating to the physical function of the device. It is comparable to a usb device that just adds minutes...like a cell phone plan. Perhaps if I could rent the product for $50 and purchase "time" to add to the device after determining that it was a viable solution, I would feel good about it. With such a short return window (45 days including shipping) and results only visible after 2+ weeks. It seems that you barely have enough time to see if the thing works before you are stuck with it forever. I will probably return the device and purchase one without cartridges. Or work on a hack so that I can use the device as I please, without spending $40 every 60 days to make it work. The overall cost $250 + $40 + $40 + $40..and so on, will send me straight to Baby Quasar.

1.0 out of 5 stars Major Disappointment, January 15, 2013
I bought this unit directly from Tria for my 13 year old daughter and 15 yo son who both have hormonal acne. We used this for about 3 weeks but with two people using the Tria, you only get one month's worth of blue light out of the cartridge. Plus we were not seeing any appreciable improvement on either kid. I contacted Tria first via the website and was then directed to give them a call which I did. My question was since I needed a new cartridge every month, would they be willing to do some kind of deal since $40 a pop (even the $32 every 2-month deal) came to $480 (or $384) and I never would have bought this in the first place if I knew how expensive it would be to use. They politely said no and gave me an RMA number just like that. So I figured they really didn't care and proceeded to return it. This unit was returned last year (have proof of receipt) and I can't get them confirm they have received it nor have I had my money refunded. Definitely will tell everyone I know not to buy this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars BIGGEST RIPOFF SCHEME WITH CARTRIDGES., December 9, 2012
Do not I REPEAT DO NOT BUY THIS. The cartridges are expensive and cost 40 bucks. NO REASON THIS DEVICE NEEDS CARTRIDGE AS IT IS A BASIC LED DIODE. TRIA DOES IT TO MAKE MONEY. Wait until a hack is found. I HAVE NEVER SEE SUCH BS. Buy the other Blue Led Light out there. None of them requires diode. SHAME ON YOU TRIA. SHAME ON YOU

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, November 3, 2012
1. did not help my acne
2. I just can pay see myself paying for the cartridge any time I need more: its just the principle... I feel that I was renting a tool ..

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me, January 27, 2013
Did not work for me. I own the tria laser and do like it. This one was a bad purchase. Lesson learnt!

4.0 out of 5 stars wait for it..., July 15, 2012
Yes, it IS expensive for the cartridges & facial care, & that's a negative. I've been using this device every night for the past month and for a while I thought I'd never stop having breakouts! I've finally reached the part where my skin is clear! I haven't really used the wash and treatment, so I think its worth it! I don't mind spending five minutes a day, because its so nice to have a chin that's clear for a change.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cartridges????, January 8, 2013
it NEEDS cartridge which is expensive.
one cartridge is for 300 times uses, but I use it 8 to 9 times for a day (1 time is 1 minute and 30 seconds).
I use it in morning and evening for 4 to 5 minutes each.
So one cartridge is for about a month.
I didn't know that it needs cartridges when I bought it.
If I knew that it needs cartridge(about $50) before I bought, I would not get it :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Don't but it! it is useless!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars MIRACLE WORKER!!!, November 6, 2013
Before I moved from Los Angeles I made a final visit to my derm- her office is the one used by Extreme Makeover and many celebrities and I love her because she is also SO HONEST with me. She gave me a blue light acne treatment in her office and instead of trying to sell me on the numerous expensive products they carried in her office or dole out some awful antibiotic or accutane rx she recommended the Tria Skin Perfecting Blue Light system. She said it was the same exact technology they used in office and the fact that it was used in a lower strength on a more regular basis at home actually made it MORE EFFECTIVE THAN THE PROFESSIONAL TREATMENTS.

I am 25 and suffered from adult cystic acne and had horrible scarring from it and tried every acne product on the market. I was skeptical but used Tria regularly and within one month of regular usage nearly all of my acne cleared and I was not getting scars from new or existing spots. By the end of my second month I stopped treatment and my skin looked PERFECT- I can walk out of the house without makeup and cannot go a day without someone complimenting me on my flawless skin. In conjunction with finacea, my acne and scarring has completely disappeared thanks to the Tria blue light. I have not used the Tria system in months and my skin has remained clear and flawless.

I HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone with acne, especially if you're considering any oral medications that have hugely harmful effects and only work as long as they are taken. I was incredibly skeptical but Tria has truly worked miracles for my skin. THANK YOU TRIA!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars An Expensive Little Device, May 16, 2012
I don't have bad breakouts, so I didn't need a miracle...but I would like to see some improvement after a month of use...and it is almost time to buy a new cartridge ($$). I would be delighted to say this worked...but not for me. I will stick with my trusty Zeno.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works good, but very $$, January 21, 2013
I bought this system from another website that offered flex pays, and yes it is expensive, but it works. I tend to break out fairly often and sometimes even get the cystic acne that is pretty painful and deep. I started using this as instructed once a day for 5 minutes at night before bed and my acne went away quicker then without the treatment.

Cons: The battery drains pretty quick, but it's rechargable so that's good. Otherwise it'd be a big problem with batteries. The shape of the light is pretty flat so when you use it along round areas on face like chin and around nose, ect. it's really hard to use as the device turns off automatically, which is sometimes annoying when you want to treat that specific area. You have to buy a new cartridge every 60 days, which is a pain. There shouldn't be any cartridge to have to buy after shelling out the $250. Have to wait until your face is completely dry after washing your face otherwise there's drag on the skin and it doesn't glide very well on skin.

Pros: Shuts off automatically so there's no on/off button. Easy to use, just touch it to your face and it turns on. Rechargable. Easy to clean LED head if needed. Warms skin a little to help the process along. Definitely helps clear acne faster and doesn't dry skin out. Reduces size of pimples every time I used it. Especially good on whiteheads. Speeds up healing process when using other products with it as well. Glides well once skin is completely dry.

All in all it's an good product. Some changes to it and it could be great. Not sure it's worth the money as there may be other products like the Tanda zap that may work better, but I haven't tried it. Since it worked for me i'm keeping it around.