Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Dove|Change

on April 23, 2014
My stats: I am of Eastern European descent with olive skin and dark brown hair, post menopausal, 51. I do not shave as instructed, but I trim using the Remington Smooth and Silky trimmer.

I must stress: FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!

I have had professional laser hair removal in the past on trouble facial areas such as upper lip and random "whiskers". It worked, but as you grow older, the suckers keep popping up, and I cannot afford the thousands it costs to get one zapped and am sick of plucking. I was so excited to get this, It came charged, so I started zapping. I stopped plucking about 1 1/2 weeks before receiving so had some good whiskers to attack! Within less than a week. those suckers practically fell out. I could tell the ones that weren't ready because there was still a tug, but the ripe ones, all I had to do with grab with my tweezers and they slid right out. I am only using this for the random facial hair. It is quite hard to use on the upper lip given the design, it is hard to get a perfect zap.

This is so small I wouldn't even try my underarms or bikini line, it would take forever, and the charge on the battery is only about 15 minutes.
on September 2, 2014
Only able to use it twice. Each time it took a long while for the machine to start. When I tried to use it for the third time after charging, it would turn on but not start no matter how much I pressed it on my skin. Now it's too late for me to return. For the amount of money it costs, it is a total RIP-OFF!
on November 26, 2013
I purchased the Silk N bella hair removal laser many months ago and have had ok results on underarms but no results on upper lip/chin areas. I wasn't aware when I purchased it that there are different hair removal lasers on the market. The issue I had with the Silk N was that the diameter of the glass (where the laser light comes out) is so large that it's difficult to maneuver it in small areas. I think this is one of the reasons it's not working so well in some areas. However with the Tria Precision there is a much smaller window and I think a more concentrated beam of light. They both feel about the same however with a tiny twinge when activated but I can tolerate both easily on the highest setting. So far with the Tria I've found that more hairs seem to come loose within a few days compared to the Silk N. Time will tell however and I will come back and review them again in a month or two.

So far if you are targeting a small area I would suggest the Tria and if you're looking to treat a larger area either the larger Tria or the Silk N might work better. I must say thought that just after a couple of treatments I think that the Tria will work much better for me but only time will tell.

OK, so I've had this little jewel for nearly a year now and I still have black hairs everywhere! Either I'm not a good candidate (despite being very fair skinned and having black hair that I want to remove) or there is something wrong with the directions!

I'm going to have to go to the derm and see if maybe their hair removal system can do a better job. Bottom line, a waste of money on the Silk N bella and wasted money on the Tria... just wanted to update and let you know that I got absolutely nowhere with either product.
11 comment|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2015
Product does not work. When I called to return it Tria WILL NOT honor its 90 day money back gurantee. They will not put you thorugh to a supervisor on the phone and they tell you that someone will call you back in 24 hours.
on May 4, 2014
I like the Tria products and chose this one because of the size and angle. Its a great product, unfortunately the battery life wasn't long enough per use to get the job done. I ended up exchanging it for the 4x, but if you are wanting to do spot treatments for underarms or face, this is a great product to use.
on November 30, 2014
I have been using the Tria precision for 3 months. I have used it every 2 weeks like recommended. After 2 treatments I saw about a 30% reduction in hair, unlike the 70% I had hoped for, and nothing more has really changed since then. The Tria holds it's charge for 15mins. and it takes 2 hrs. for it to recharge. You can't use it while it is charging. It takes 10 charges or 2.5hrs. to do under my chin, armpits, belly area, bikini and legs. I am 5'2" and 120 lbs., so I am not the biggest person. It generally takes me 3 to 4 days to complete all my treatments. I have noticed that my legs are smoother when I shave my legs and I don't get as much razor burn. The decrease in razor burn is probably the best part. I have noticed a decrease in hair under my chin even though I continue the pluck unwanted hair there several times a week. My belly seems to have less hair and ingrown hair even though I continue to wax that area monthly. They recommend you stop plucking and waxing weeks before you try using the Tria on it. They also want you to shave the area before you use the Tria. But I would never shave my face, chin or belly and I am still very happy with the results in these areas. I just wish I noticed more hair loss over all.
on October 22, 2014
First of all, don't use this at the recommended "once every two weeks" interval. I mostly use it at the "completely random" interval, which is always more frequently than two weeks. After about 8 months, the hair isn't completely gone, but some of it certainly is and what is left is less thick/course/noticeable. Unless you're really bad when it comes to pain, I would definitely recommend getting the larger version, I wish I had gotten that one instead.

My biggest complaint is that for the last two months or so, it seems like at least 60% of the time I get the "error beep" instead of a successful zap. This is obviously frustrating and makes the process a lot longer than it should be. The good news is that you learn a lot about yourself, and restraint. Every time I use it now it takes all I have to not throw it through a wall or a nearby TV. With my new-found anger management skills, all my family and friends have commented about how much more pleasant it is to be around me recently.
on December 12, 2014
I've been using the Tria for almost 3 months now. The hair has not gone completely but the rate of growth seems to have slowed quite a bit. I use it on the max setting once a week. I've had people who've used the Tria say that it took them almost 6 months to get good results. So if you're looking for faster hair loss, a salon would be the best option. If you want the comfort of at-home hair removal, then the tria is good. The Precision laser has a small head (about the size of a quarter) as compared to the regular, larger Tria system.
on December 11, 2013
I've had laser before and it's very expensive. I ordered the Tria on Amazon on Sunday and it was delivered it on Monday. The Tria did as good a job as going to an office for laser. I am using it on my face. It is less of a "sting" than office laser but works as well if not better. I am so happy with this product.
0Comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2015
I bought the precision laser hair remover 2 years ago, and it worked very well, until it wouldn't unlock. I called the company and the only thing they would offer after the 1 year warranty, would be to sell me a refurbished one for nearly the same price as a new one. These things are expensive and I am not willing to throw good money after bad. Nice product while it works, but don't expect good customer support