Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 18, 2014
The last ten percent or so of the book starts getting better but then abruptly ends. Perhaps future editions could make better use of content. It leads me to think maybe the author made the beginning and end first and tried to make a middle. Sometimes I see this as a trend with business books but Again the last ten percent or so was pretty good but it is one of those odd feelings where it then ends. Felt like it was tapping a vein not unlike Richard Florida but sometimes you *really* do have to explain and put some more specific citations. I can agree with the content sometimes but to a point I can be a bit disappointing when it is material I agree with but with little supporting evidence.
on December 28, 2014
I have enjoyed the works of Seth Godin and this book Tribes is great! Very informative by story telling and insights from Mr. Godin. I am going to buy more of his books after I read this one again
on April 29, 2013
I was told to read this one by Seth first, but it's my 3rd book by him. I see why it was his breakthrough. Yes, it is a must read, especially for anyone with a desire in business and/or marketing.
on January 1, 2012
Too many books I read feel like they have content just for the sake of having more pages. I loved that Godin was concise in his points here - ti saved me the time of reading 150 pages of fluff.
on March 8, 2014
This book helped me home my vision of tribe. How that really is the special sauce behind change. It doesn't give how-tos, but that is the whole point. It's your movement to lead, from your gut.
on December 24, 2013
Ahhh...a good review of a lot of other books out there...passed the time. Nothing truly original...but I gave it 4 stars because it presented them well....it is definitely a 100. Level course
on October 16, 2008
Call me a fanboy, but I'm convinced that each Seth Godin book is the best. (I read them all as soon as they are out). "Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us" is no different. I like each new book best because we're all learning as we go along and refining ideas and Godin has a way of, well, leading his tribe of followers. We've learned what's going on in that distinctive looking head of his over the years and, for many of us, it is well worth following the ideas.

I found Tribes to be Godin's most urgent book. What I mean is that he sets out an imperative and encourages people to become leaders. But he delivers this message in stronger terms than he offered as calls to action in his other books. That's a good thing because Godin's tribe is with him and we want to be led.

The other day I was describing Tribes and somebody said to me, "The world can't have only leaders, we need some followers too." For me, one of the most powerful messages in the book is that you can be a leader of anything -- it could be a club, or a class, or your local dog park, or the library fundraising committee. Leadership is about passion and with passion comes an opportunity (requirement perhaps?) for the leadership of a tribe.

Who will you lead?
on January 28, 2014
Seth strikes me as having a unique and humble leadership style. Enjoyed the book and it gave me a lot to think about. He came highly recommended and after reading this book see why...
on April 16, 2009
A solid book on leadership. I am always able to extract specific golden nuggets from Seth Godin add to my knowledge base. This book helps with overcoming change and fear. I recommend.
on December 16, 2013
This is a book that started well, and then fizzled out very fast. I liked the beginning when he started to talk about tribes, the concept, about getting past your own fear to lead. This last part spoke to me. After this, it was an exercise in saying the same thing again and again in different ways. While a certain amount of creativity and persistence is required to be able to do this, I found the book to be remarkable short on depth, and high on self-promotion.

This is not a book that I recommend to anyone who is serious about going beyond themselves, and rising above the ordinary. You won't learn much from this book.