Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 15, 2013
I am 44 now and had my first huge outbreak of hives at 13. I have 30 years of experience in the use of anti-itch meds. I had never used this product until my sister came to visit this summer. She is an eczema sufferer and noticed me itching with yet another outbreak of hives, which has been diagnosed as autoimmune in origin. She gave me Tricalm and I was dubious, but used it. I was amazed that it made a noticeable difference in my itching. Anyone who has resorted to a wire brush understands what I go through, and it's much better in the last few years as I was put on an anti-malarial drug to help to control them. When they break-out I take 2-benadryl, 2-advil and 2-attarax. BUT, on my skin, I use Tricalm and it has REALLY helped me in coping right then, when the itching is all consuming. Depending on what your itch derives from, I suppose can have an impact on efficacy, but for MY severe hives, it truly helps. One note: if your skin is damaged from scratching, the Tricalm will sting, but I'll take stinging any day over excruciating itching. Hope this helps.
77 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2013
I get nasty mosquito bites every summer. They itch so bad I scratch the bites in my sleep until they are bright red. I have tried hydrocortisone creams of all sorts from local drug stores and nothing works. When I tried tricalm it relieved the itch/stinging almost instantly. I forgot I had a bite for the rest of the day. A must have!
on October 28, 2014
It works! I have to admit I was skeptical o fit because it doesn't have the anti itch medications in it, but it works so well! It's on the watery side, maybe that's because it's natural. But it's clear, not sticky, dries fast and works for my many mosquito bites and skin allergies. Will buy again!
on June 1, 2013
I frequently get hives so I am always on the lookout for products that relieve the itching. Tricalm did absolutely nothing to stop the itching so I cannot recommend recommend it. I do recommend the new Allegra cream which really helps.
on September 12, 2013
I've tried many products to help with my itchy skin and this is by far the best. My skin feels soothed pretty much as soon as I put it on and the itchiness disappears. It's a decent-sized bottle and you only use a little, so a good value.
on March 16, 2014
I think this is a very good buy. It does stop itching and the fact that it is steroid free makes it very appealing. I highly recommend it. The order was received very quickly.
on August 7, 2015
I'm really surprised by the less-than-favorable reviews. It worked for me like a CHAMP, but maybe it's dependant on both the individual and the type of irritation? I first received a very small sample in a swag bag from a running event and went months without using it. Then I randomly got bit by something (?) when I was mowing, right on my collar bone and nothing I had helped. Not sure if it was the bug or the location being right over a bone, but at any rate I tried Tricalm as a last resort and it was like flipping a switch. No joke- itch completely went away when no other creams or sprays would help. I'm not saying it would do the same for you, or that it works on all bites or whatever, but my experience was so great I ordered a tube of it to have on hand. Seems like great stuff.
on August 11, 2015
This stuff is amazing! I'm almost afraid I'll curse myself by writing this review, but I've used it for 2 days now and still works like a charm. people do need to realize that what works for one may not work for another, but the vast majority of reviewers are claiming it works like nothing else. I suffered from late-stage Lyme that attacked every organ, but my skin was the one that drove me to insanity at times. I developed Acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans... In layman's term: skin atrophy including losing the "top" layer of skin that housed the good bacteria that fought off the bad. I had never had skin issues at all & this was a nightmare. Since I was unable to fight off any bacteria, viruses, mold, parasites (gross I know, I was a human Petri dish), I developed every type of skin disorder from lesions to rashes to fungus to blisters to third degree burns and tried in vain to stop the itchy, crawly, pain with every OTC & RX cream, oral RX & home remedies. Some would work for awhile, but never long enough for me to function. After four years of treatment, I began to see major improvements, so much so that my hair grew back & I had no open sores! But, as a lasting effect, I still have outbreaks due to GI issues, comprised immune system, & who knows what else. They are similar to chigger bites, hives, eczema, & poison ivy, so needless to say they itch; sometimes so bad, I can't sleep. This is the first product I've used on all my irritating skin ailments & it ceases the itching instantly without the burn and it's clear! And thin! After years of having goop of all kinds on my skin, this is a god send. If you're suffering from itchy, unbearable skin, try this first. By the looks of it, if it doesn't work on you, it's sure to work on someone else in your life & good to have in a first aid kit.
on February 10, 2015
Tricalm made my itching worse. It evaporated quickly causing my skin to feel more dry and itcy. The active ingredient, Aluminum acetate (0.2%), is an astringent (suggested for use as a wet dressing elsewhere, but not on this product's label). So, simply rubbing onto the affected area according to package instructions may be the problem. I have now learned that this is the same ingredient as in Domeboro which was prescribed to dry up a weeping rash years ago. TRICALM is called "hydrogel," and it is quite fluid, pours out of the tube too readily and forms crusts around the tube's opening. Mine is a dry itchy patch for which I will choose a CREAM type product in the future. TRICALM may perform better on moist rashes like athlete's foot and diaper rash.
on September 25, 2015
This ointment has calmed my husband's severe dermal reaction to mosquito and no-see-um bites like nothing else he has ever used! In a few hours, you can hardly find the bite - I will never let us run out.