Few people have 'old age' as a cause of death on their death certificate.Today, we die of cancer, heart attacks, strokes, osteoporosis, diabetes - And we accept these conditions as normal causes of death.They aren't - and neither is the ill-health, pain and discomfort that make our later years a misery.
In this controversial, evidence-based account of how and why the health-care establishment has got the concept of 'healthy eating' so wrong, Barry Groves shows us how to take charge of our own health and lives, in contravention of what the health-care industry would have us believe and do.
Part I: How 'Healthy Eating' Is Making Us Ill
1. Medical Corruption
2. What's Behind The Screen$?
3. How We Got To Where We Are
4. Learning From History
5. Fats: From Tonic to Toxic
6. The Seeds of Ill Health
7. Climb Off The Bran Wagon
8. Why 'Five Portions'?
9. The Phoney War On Salt
10. Soy, Fluoride and the Thyroid
11. Our Irrational Fear of Sunlight
12. Exercise Care
13. Homo Carnivorous
14. The Metabolic Syndrome And Glycaemic Index
15. Unhealthy Dogma Means Unhealthy Diet
16. So What Should We Eat?
17. Why Low Carb Diets Must Be High Fat, Not High Protein
18. You Are What Your Grandparents Ate
19. Prevention is Better
Part II: New Diet, New Diseases
20. ' Healthy Eating' is Fattening
21. The Diabetes Time Bomb
22. Diseases of the Heart and Blood Vessels
23. The Dangers of Low Blood Cholesterol
24. Cancer:Disease of Civilization
25. Gut Reaction
26. Deficiency Diseases
27. Diet and the Brain
28. Multiple Sclerosis
29. ' Healthy Eating' Shows
30. And Finally . . .
Shadows in Wonderland: a Hospital Odyssey - ISBN 1905140207
Natural Health & Weight Loss - ISBN 1905140150 The Love Trap - ISBN 1905140118
Hammersmith Press is an independent publishing house producing books for the general public and health professionals that promote better health and well-being through a greater understanding of the human body and mind, with a particular emphasis on the importance of nutrition and diet.
Some of the areas we publish in include:
-Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP)
-Overcoming Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
-Natural Health & Weight Loss
- Healthy eating