Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 23, 2012
Purchased this item after reviewing all the different options for my Samsung Galaxy. At first, I narrowed my options to the Trident and the Ballistic case but was glad I ultimately decided on this one. Hadn't heard about Trident cases before but came across a video online showing how to install this case on the Samsung. This case comes as advertised and is a bit sleeker than the Ballistic case but offers just as much protection from inevitable drops. As an added bonus, it comes with a screen protector which the Ballistic did not have. In addition, the available colors add a bit more 'pop' to the phone than the black of the Ballistic case. The vendor was great as the product was delivered before the estimated arrival date. Would highly recommend this purchase to others looking for a case that offers more protection than the 'jelly cases' out there but do not want to get the bulkier Ballistic / Otterbox type cases.
on February 26, 2012
This is a nice case and will adequately protect White Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mobile SGH-T989 model). My wife liked it very much.

In the retail package, there is 2 part case (soft pink silicon and hard outer black plastic), a screen protector, a soft cloth and cardboard applicator for the screen protector. I was not actually expecting to receive a screen protector so it was a bonus for me.

The case has openings in the right places and align perfectly. The soft silicon also provides protection for buttons on the case with raised silicon buttons over the actual buttons. They are fairly easy to press. I like that around the corners of pink silicon pieces is slightly thicker to better provide protection of corners. Also, the black part is kind of rounded in the middle part allowing comfortable holding of the phone.

I've cleaned the screen very well and installed the screen protector first and luckily I was able to do this without bubbles and slipping the pink silicon on the phone was easy and it covers the edge of the screen enough that it does not lift the screen protector when installed (which is a major problem with some cases). After that, installing the hard black outer piece of the case was not too difficult either, you might have to jiggle a bit to get the silicon buttons of the inner case align to the cut-outs on the hard cover but it is not a big deal.

Although, I've got the pink one for my wife. If pink is not your color, there are other colors available.
on December 5, 2012
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy SII T989, and I wanted to go all out protecting it since it's quite an exquisite device (I even got the ArmorSuit screen protector for it). The case is pretty well made, although a little odd to install. I think you can just stuff your phone in it like so, but I was confused and ended up putting the rubbery part of it on the phone first, then slide it into the hard plastic piece. All the cutouts for the buttons and connection ports are cut out correctly, and are protected by their own individual flap. It does add a little bulk to the phone, but that's what you have to be willing to trade off for decent protection. The case feels nice in my hand, and it's a lot better than TPU cases. TPU cases are thinner and more sleek, but they won't protect heavy drops. Also, because I have a rare condition that causes excessive sweating of the hands (palmar hyperhidrosis), this case doesn't trigger it as much as TPU cases, so it's less likely that the phone will fly out of my hand due to slipping.

Since there's no Otterbox cases for this phone (or at least from what I can find on Google), this is about the best you can get. I'm sure there are a few hardcore cases out there I didn't see, but I'm not "that guy" who has OCD and has to have the best protection. Not saying I drop my phone a lot, I just want a very protective case since the Galaxy SII is pretty high-end (or mid-end by today's standards).
on May 1, 2012
I absolutely love this case! I would recommend this case to everyone! At first I was looking into the Otterbox for my phone but I decided to go ahead and order this and let me tell you I would choose this product over the Otterbox hands down. You're not stuck with one simple color, you can order different colors without having to buy a complete new kit as well. I have no problem hitting any of my buttons, touching my screen, or charging my phone everything's accessible. I have also dropped my phone multiple times ( ;s )since I received my trident phone case and my phone is completely fine no dings or anything. IF YOU'RE LOOKING INTO PHONE CASES DEFINITELY TAKE THIS CASE INTO CONSIDERATION!
on April 2, 2012
Not a bad case, though I generally don't like cases at all. However, the SII is extremely slick and I thought it would be better to protect it just in case it dropped. With the rubber banding on the outside, it should protect the phone from small drops! The outer shell is simi hard plastic and makes slipping into your pocket a little easier.

Not a bad case!
on November 14, 2012
I liked the fit and finish of this case, and the screen protector fit very well. The case was a little bulky, but I knew this beforehand, and my priority was good protection. The case felt well-made, and I was confident it was good protection for the phone. The cutouts fit perfectly around the buttons, jacks, and microphone hole too. However, while I had the case on, several friends/family members constantly heard their own voices echo back at them during calls, which made it distracting and difficult to have a conversation. This didn't happen with everyone, but did for roughly half of my contacts. As soon as I would remove the case, the echo went away, even during the same phone call. There was no pattern with the phone model or carrier with those people. A case shouldn't interfere with call quality, so I returned it. I will be purchasing a different one instead.
on July 7, 2013
First off, I ordered the pink case and it was lost in transit so Amazon refunded me and I ended up ordering the blue one instead. Kinda funny but it took several months and the pink one showed up back at Amazon finally. lol

I love this case. It has saved my phone several times from breaking after dropping it on cement floor.

1. it is bulky but the bulk is worth keeping your phone from breaking.
2. I don't really have much trouble getting it in and out of my back pocket at all.
3. It is easy to take off both parts of the case. It has a rubber case that fits around the phone and then the black hard plastic piece fits over/around the blue rubber case. It's a little tricky getting the buttons through the black plastic but not impossible.
4. It has two rubber plugs, one for the headphones on top and one for the charger on botttom. I have not had any problems with any charger adapter fitting into the slot.The rubber hinges seem sturdy and have not broken off. The plug for the headphone jack is very sturdy.
5. I do not have any problems with fuzz from my pocket or crumbs ever sticking to the rubber case part that is exposed around the corners.
6. The rubber case does come up around the top of the phone around the face/screen and if you place you phone face down the screen does not touch the surface it is on. I have not had any issues with scratching of any part of my phones front at all.

Overall, I am very pleased with this case and have been using it for almost a year and a half. I would love to have a super cute case for my phone that is not bulky but I don't want to compromise the protection for my phone.

I have been researching a new case but have come to realize "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
on December 10, 2013
Great protection and feels good overall. Two layers of protection with the first being the hard shell and second being the soft rubber which, in your hands, feels great. Makes the phone a bit bulky but don't all cases? I trust this product (through several drops from myself and my kids). Doesn't muffle the speaker and easy access to the headphone jack. Buy a good Trident case for your phone. The supplied screen protector isn't the best, but most cases don't even come with one so consider it a bonus! I would like to point out that the rubber used makes it a bit prone to dust/dirt, but that's easy to clean off.
on March 5, 2012
This case was well worth the money. The soft and hard work perfectly together to protect your phone. I would recommend this item to those of you with the Samsung Galaxy S II
on September 18, 2012
The case is very good had it for six months now and has protected my phone more then a dozen times. Easy to put on(you do have you mess with it a little to get it in perfect but nothing hard or annoying) and fits perfectly. The covering on the buttons on the sides once fitting properly work great every time you press them. The silicon doesn't get stuck under the plastic when you press on the buttons which is really nice. It has a good front protector so if the phone falls flat or at a slight angle it will do its job, but like all cases it wont protect the phone if it falls on rocks or sharp uneven surfaces for that you need a screen protector. It makes the phone look and feel bigger which I wish wasn't so but it's not that big of a deal. The case slides pretty easy so if you put you phone on the dashboard it will slide at every movement. Over all the case is good. I would buy it again, well worth the money to protect a expensive phone.