Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Trident Case AEGIS Series Case for Apple iPad mini, Green (AG-IPADMINI-TG)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 7, 2013
This case has all the features of the high dollar cases without the price. It's quality. Easy to install. The silicone feels nice, it does not add a lot of weight to the Ipad mini, its comfortable to grip. The ports are all protected for dust unlike many others. The silicone is pliable making pressing the home, volume, off button easy and does not stick like many that are hard plastic. You do have some protection on the front with the home button covered. The charge port is the opening for the lighting port only so fairly small unlike many other cases. The color is nice, and refreshing. This is my favorite case. I'm familiar with otterbox (defender and commuter), griffin survivor, gumdrop (drop tech), lifeproof, roocase, speck, Iblason. Cons on the case, there is no kickstand to view movies but that is known going in. Prop it on the knees, against the wall etc. For 1/3-1/4 the price, forget that, comparing price for price, this case is just as good as all those others. I do like the griffin survivor and gumdrop, lifeproof more than the rest and the least roocase, speck and otterbox commuter but I rate all these as good to excellent.
on December 29, 2014
This isn't a bad case, but I was expecting something a little different. There is a rubbery "gummy" skin that goes around the iPad itself, while the hard part only covers the back. My daughter has already dropped it and it survived without any scratches. The screen cover is a flimsy piece of plastic that you have to apply, unlike the otter box or other brands that have a built in screen protector. If I had known that it was more soft cover than hard, I would have picked a case that had one of her favourite characters, or spent a little more money for a case that encased the entire iPad. ***Edit: my review is based on the fact that I paid $20 for this case, I now see that the price has doubled. My opinion was based on it being substantially cheaper than it is now.
on January 23, 2016
This Trident Case AEGIS Case for iPad seems to be good medium-weight protection for an Apple tablet, though I haven't dropped it yet so time will tell how protective it can be. This case was a great value at $9.99 (as of 12/2015). . .but go for a hardier case if the prices are similar. And the accident-prone might spring for a heavier, more expensive case, such as Otterbox Defender.

The case fit my iPad 2 Mini without any problems. It comes with a plastic screen protector that must be applied separately.
on July 22, 2015
Fits my iPad Mini 2 great and the snazzy green color is a real eye-catcher. Case is composed of a tight fitting inner silicon sleeve inserted into a hard shell. All the holes and access covers fit exactly as expected. The hard shell is slick and the green, silicon parts that show through are grippy. This still allows me to slip it into a cargo pocket which I wouldn't be able to do if it were ALL grippy. I've been deathly afraid of dropping the iPad on concrete or pavement and now I feel I can breath a little easier with the mil spec drop testing. Nothing's a 100% but I'll take what I can get!
on May 28, 2015
This was our 5th or 6th Trident purchase for assorted electronic devices. They are always an excellent fit and provide great protection! This was purchased for my 7 year old's IPad. Not sure how many times she has dropped it, but I dropped it just the other day from standing to cement ground. The IPad landed on the corner - no damage. Highly recommend you try this before the more expensive Otterbox!
on January 15, 2015
While this is no LIfeProof case, it provides great protection for a reasonable price. I didn't use the included front screen cover, but I tend not to use those due to screen sensitivity issues.

Case consists of two parts
1. Soft silicone sleeve
2. Hard plastic cover

All ports are sealed by the silicone sleeve, giving good dust and moisture protection, and my iPad has dropped several times with no ill effects.
on February 6, 2015
This is a tough case with military grade protection that does not excessively bulk up my mini. The screen protector shows more prints than I would prefer, so I have to clean it often, but that's par for the course for a film protector (glass protectors don't show the prints as much). All in all, it's a great case, and you can use it with a glass protector if perfection is your preference.
on February 1, 2013
I think this case will protect my daughters iPad mini very well. I only wish that it had a plastic covering for the screen.
on April 9, 2014
I really like the look of the Trident AEGIS cases. I have one for my Galaxy S4 and while I usually use my Otterbox because I think it grips better, the Aegis does look good and performs its protection function perfectly well, so I thought I'd try one out for my Ipad mini.

This turned out to be a great decision. The Trident AEGIS case for the Ipad mini actually fits better than the Trident case did for my phone (there's a small piece of rubber at the bottom of my phone case that just won't stay put - another reason I went to Otterbox for the phone) and it doesn't seem to have the same issues with grip that I had on my phone cover. It protects the Ipad's corners well, fits snugly and covers the ports to protect them from dust, all at a lower price point than many other cases that are of poorer quality or that have a less-than-ideal design. It also doesn't add much at all to the weight or profile of the Ipad mini, which is important as my mother-in-law uses it when she babysits. She really can't hold anything much heavier than the Ipad mini for very long, but she has had no trouble with this case. She's dropped the Ipad once, on a hardwood floor, and the Ipad was completely undamaged thanks to the AEGIS case.

I'd definitely recommend this product to any Ipad mini owner who wants a good balance of protection and lightweight capabilities for a good price.
on January 14, 2014
This wraps my 6 year old's iPad mini and seems to be a robust choice. I couldn't for the life of me get the screen protector on without bubbles, so we didn't use it. Wish it came in something more fun than just black with a color accent (super heros, skylanders, etc), but otherwise they like it.