Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM

on July 5, 2012
I have a young daughter that likes to grab things that are not hers. As we all know that even though our I-pad's are great, the screen are easy to shatter if they are dropped on a corner.

I looked at many covers ( I own an Otter for my Phone and love it ) for the I-pad. I looked around at the otter cases and ran across the trident. It looked like it had all the features I wanted, and past reviews were good.

I have ordered on now and am happy with the outcome. The Ipad 3 fits perfect in this case with no issues noted after having it for over two months. At first the screen protector was a bit off, meaning that it didn't always make contact with the screen and you would have to push pretty hard to get the ipad to respond. After a few days, it started to work perfect with no issues.

have dropped it from about 4 foot and the Ipad was safe. This is a great cover for the price and the color choices make it fun to the eye.

Last note, this case is easy to pull apart to be able to clean the Ipad out of the case, with other cases I looked at, they tend to be a royal pain in the back side to pull apart to get to clean things.

Buy it, you will not disapointed !!!
33 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2012
I was familiar with the Trident cases for the Ipad2 from a photographer I worked with, so when I got the New Ipad I searched around and found that trident had an updated version out for the new one. The case is great, it has a screen protector built into the front panel so I don't have to apply one and work out the bubbles. The blend of hard plastic and soft rubber works great as well for holding the case, all the ports have rubber covers and it seems there's an additional attachment you can buy that snaps onto the back to stand it up.

Overall i'm really happy with my purchase. It adds a little extra to the size of the ipad, but you're gaining protection, which is really the point.
on June 26, 2013
Six days after placing the Kraken AMS on my iPad, I dropped it and the glass shattered. I will not blame the protector case for the cracked screen, but it does not offer much protection. The case never seals perfectly over the iPad and I always find that some part of it is separated. The day that I dropped it, the corner silicone had come off and that's where the iPad hit the floor.
Also, the screen protector is not flat and flush with the screen. I have seen similar cases made by Otterbox and those are perfect. The Kraken AMS is not. I contacted customer service and they sent two films to replace the loose one. I thought they were sending me a new case, but no, just two films.
I also don't like that they advertise the silicone in the back part of the case as a anti-skid addition. It just doesn't work, and the iPad slides wherever it wants to.
Overall, the Kraken AMS case is not great. It offers some protection, but for the price I think it is a rip off. Look for a better case that offers more protection, specially if you have preschoolers with access to the tablet. If you are an average height person, dropping your iPad may cost you over $100 to replace the screen. Get better protection than the Kraken AMS.
on August 13, 2012
I Love this case for our new iPad(3rd)... i had been searching for a very tough and durable case for our iPad cause our 16 month old LOVES playing with it and i look into otterbox and didnt like any of those and i came across the Kraken AMS case and im absolutely glad i bought this cause it is as durable as it says it is, my son has dropped it face down on its side and slammed it down on hard floors when he got mad and still NO DAMAGE to the iPad !! Awesome case
on January 6, 2013
This review is for: Trident AMS-NEW-IPAD-TG Kraken AMS Case for iPad - 1 Pack
The product came via USPS, in a retail packaging. This fits my Ipad 2 and IPad 3 and Ipad 4. It added a little bit of protection for occasional drop of probably 3-4 foot. the corner bumpers act as an absorber, but is too pliable. meaning if you have sticky fingers you can pry this out easily and when you drop it after prying it off, you're protection will probably be degraded. It added a bit of thickness on the IPAD and allows my big hands to grab the device with ease. They are easy to take off without tools, there are a total of eight protrusions with in the case that hold your Ipad securely. The screen protector is a minimum plastic protector, easy to clean and occasionally will get smudges if you have hands that are oily. The backing of this case is NOT non-skid, it may slip and slide on any smooth surface like a desk or sofa. I would have rated this higher if it came free with the stand (TRIDENT Kraken Ams Tablet Stand with Attachment (AMS-T-STAND), which is an additional 15USD.
on December 7, 2012
Very nice case but does not fit the new ipad. The bottom snap does not work with the new pin configuration/plug set-up.
on October 14, 2012
This case fits my iPad2 very well. It is a little lighter than the Trident Kraken for the iPad2 and doesn't have the annoying clasps at the top. I recommend this case. I use it in my 1st grade classroom and it is has held up well so far.
on March 20, 2013
This is marketed to fit the iPad 2, 3 and 4. Unfortunately, the iPad 4 has a different power connector, the Apple Lightning connector. So when you put the case on an iPad 4, the cover over the power connector doesn't fit at all. I contacted Trident Cases and they have no plans to correct this. It will work great for the older iPads 2 & 3 only. Someone needs to correct the misleading description.
on December 18, 2012
Trident advertised and I ordered a case for my Gen 4 Ipad. The case did not fit the Gen 4 Ipad. When I ask Trident they admitted that the case would not fit properly. I ask for my money back and they refused. I do not recommend this company.
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2012
After much research I purchased the Kraken 2 case for my Ipad2. I love it! It does exactly what it is supposed to do. So when it came time to choose a case for the "New Ipad" I chose the Kraken AMS Case. All they needed to do to upgrade the previous case was eliminate the cumbersome clips on the top. Trident did that. That was good, but they didn't stop there. They reduced the size of the shock absorbing corners which also keep your Ipad from slipping while standing up. The absolute deal killer is the clear cover screen. It leaves roaming water marks all over the retina display. All over and changing shape with every contact on the touch screen. I have taken it apart and reinstalled it over and over with no change. I am sending the Kraken AMS case back and have purchased/installed the Kraken 2 case to both of our "New Ipads". They fit perfect and work Excellent! I can deal with the silly clips on the top.