5.0 out of 5 stars Best gum I have ever chewed. Period.
I never chew fruit-flavored gum. In fact, I'm not a big gum chewer at all. I think the last time I ever chewed a flavor other than some mint-based thing was Bubblicious when I was ten years old.

Published on March 17, 2010 by Rocket Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars xylitol vs aspertame
Made the mistake of assuming this gum had no aspertame in it because it was sweetened with xylitol. It has both sweeters in it according to the list of ingredients. Not a bad tasting gum. I feel it was misleading as I was looking for a gum that did not have aspertame in it. It is hard to find any gum with out aspertame unless you go to specific websites that offer it.
Published on March 1, 2013 by Lynn Koehl

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gum I have ever chewed. Period., March 17, 2010
Rocket Jones (Boca Raton, Florida) - See all my reviews

So I was completely blown away when I tried a piece of my coworker's Trident Tropical Twist gum. My life will never be the same. I feel like I've been sleepwalking all these years.

It's not just me either. I took a pack of this gum on a group trip last weekend and everybody who tried it fell in love with it. They all bought packs of it and introduced it into their office environments. And these are some of the smartest people I know.

Not only is Trident Tropical Twist delicious, it lasts for a good 30 minutes without losing flavor. Somewhere, some time ago, in some chewing gum lab, the scientists involved with making this gum uncorked a big bottle of champagne and received massive bonus checks.

Is there such a thing as gum Nirvana? Perhaps. And if there is, it's Trident Tropical Twist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xylitol Makes This One of the Best (Dental) Chewing Gum On the Market!, August 31, 2008
Trident uses a sugar-alcohol called Xylitol, a natural sugar that has no carbohydrate action, yet bacteria ingest the Xylitol and cannot metabolize it, thus starving the bacteria! Thus, with consistant use, it rids the mouth of harmful cavity-causing, gum disease-causing bacteria! This is truly a unique gum. One of the few gums that all dentists can recommend!

Don't use this product if you suffer from TMJ - it will only aggravate your sore joints.

This is a great product for the average person, child or adult. Chew two to three pieces a day and your oral health will improve.

Jim Koenig, DDS

4.0 out of 5 stars Not enough Xylitol to benefit though, January 28, 2013
dg (United States) - See all my reviews
Great taste, BUT if you are searching for a gum that provides the xylitol benefits, this is NOT the gum that will do it. Sorry, my dentist suggest Spry or B-Fresh gum.

3.0 out of 5 stars xylitol vs aspertame, March 1, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Flavor!-But Beware Somewhat Misleading Xylitol Claims, April 19, 2012
The other reviews have mentioned the positive aspects of this gum, and they're true! The flavor is sweet but not overpowering. It lasts about 20ish minutes, which is good enough for me. And it's pretty inexpensive relative to a lot of other gum. So overall it's a great value, and I will continue to purchase it.

Ok. Here's the Xylitol issue. Yes, the gum contains Xylitol. Accurate. But the assumption Trident is /likely/ guessing you're making is that the gum has enough Xylitol to actually have its highly touted positive effects. The answer is....probably no. Not really. Trident, naturally, won't disclose the amount it contains. This isn't a good sign. Take the following with a grain of salt but Trident isn't exactly trying to deny the claims-it's estimated by more than one source to have roughly .2 grams of Xylitol in a piece. How much should you get to acquire real benefit? At least 5 grams. You can do the math on how many sticks you need to chew every single day to get there. So if you just want a solid, inexpensive gum-go for it! If you are really looking for Xylitol related benefits, you can easily find other brands of gum on amazon that will get you there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gum rather than portable toothbrush, February 12, 2012
Bought a variety pack at sam's club.

I would rather bust out a strip of gum rather than run to the old dingy pee scent bathroom to brush my teeth while the guy in the bathroom stall takes a smelly number 2.

xylitol holds true to its claim. It has the ADA seal therefore it is safe and effective. I would be afraid if it did not have but the bald headed scientists who are paid on salary who have done experiments on this gum said its good so I trust them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinnamon fix, October 19, 2009
I was soooo excited to be able to purchase my all-time favorite gum again - after it was pulled from the market for a long while....for why I don't know.
The product was delivered - promptly and in great shape/quality.
I didn't mind paying a little extra for the quick customer service provided.

1.0 out of 5 stars No nutrition label = counterfeit product, September 13, 2014
Product arrived in a plain white box without writing on it. Each package is devoid of a nutrition label as required by law. Must be counterfeit. Amazon should have better quality control protocols to ensure that it does not sell such foodstuffs in violation of the law.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite gum!, January 14, 2010
Even in the same brand, gums are really a hit or miss. I really love the flavor of this gum and the flavor lasts a LONG time compared to all the other gum I've tried. I always come back to this flavor!

5.0 out of 5 stars A pack every 2-3 days!, September 22, 2009
I used to be at a pack a day, but now I'm down to just one in two-three days. I get cravings all day long, so I've had to get a substitute for all my snacking. This gum is by far my favorite of any kind. I have tried others before, but now I take the Trident Tropical Twist: a blend of mango, kiwi, and orange. As it is, I'm down to my last pack now and I'll have to make a run to Costco for another box.

I generally keep a pack in the car so I can pop a piece in when I get in. It also allows me to take a few pieces with me if I'm going somewhere for a few hours and won't be able to eat...like going to church on Sundays for three hours.

Great gum, great taste that lasts, highly recommend.

Trident Gum, Original Flavor, 18-Count (Pack of 12)
$17.78 $11.64