5.0 out of 5 stars Simple design yet effective.
Published 10 months ago by JMA

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Good.
Bought this because I wanted a grip but didn't want to pay a lot. This is a good grip but is a little flimsy. It did break by the trigger but was still able to use it. For the price its good.
Published 15 months ago by Armando Rodriguez

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple design yet effective., January 23, 2014
This review is from: New Trigger Grips Black Compatible With PSVita Playstation Vita (Video Game)
Having used the Hori brand, I would definitely say this one is better. It's snaps in without any fuss and keeps every button and port accessible. No moving parts to wear out. The hori had extendable handles but when they extend, the trigger buttons become awkward to reach. These have no such issues. It feels like a natural extension of the Vita. No issue with the texture either. It just feels like any plastic console controller.

I have no idea what the buttons on the bottom of the grips are for. For the price this can't be topped.

Update: I just realized what the "buttons" on the bottom are for. They are actually pegs that you extend out so you can use the grip as a stand so you can lay it on your table if you want to watch a video. There are tabs on the bottom front which you push, so the peg comes out in the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid grip; no "trigger" included, September 7, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not sure why this product is called a "trigger" grip since there are no built-in triggers at all. Anyhow, the grip is made of solid yet slim hard plastic that does indeed make the Vita easier to grip for long play sessions. The fit is nice and tight and all ports and buttons are easily accessible. I definitely expect this to help with Killzone Mercenary when it comes out next week in the U.S.

The only minor complaint I have is the back of the grip is not as "grippy" as it could be, meaning it may still slip if your hands get sweaty. For the price I paid I guess that's a very minor issue. Also, due to the slim-ness of the plastic, I wonder about the long-term durability. I can see a potential for the thinner parts of the frame to break if you happen to put weight on it. Probably not a huge risk but a definite possibility.

If you are interested in this item, I recommend searching for it on eBay instead of paying full price; you should be able to find a brand new one for less than $5.

*** EDIT 9/16/13 ***
Quick update after getting Killzone Mercenary. This grip has made a HUGE difference in comfort level for playing KZ. The hand position is much more relaxed which means longer play sessions without cramping. Very happy with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really?, April 14, 2014
I mean! What the heck? This thing was really $4.39! I got a nerf protector that I did not like, and this thing which made me skeptical at first. It turns out this grip is awesome... Way better looking than the nerf protector and the feel the grips give you is beyond compare. I would completely recomend this to any VITA owner looking for some added comfort. Don't let yourelves be doubtful by the price. The packaging was not amazing, true that, but the product itself was pretty amazing. If it had been more expensive, I would habe probably been upset for that, but it was no big deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST ergo accessory for the original PSVita, October 25, 2014
Keith F. Kelly (Redmond, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This is hands-down THE BEST PSVita ergo accessory available. It actually solves the real problem, which is lack of depth/diameter for each hand to naturally grab around to hold the thing firmly and *vertically*. With all other accessories of this type, I still found myself struggling to hold the thing up in a mostly-vertical position (you know, in front of your face in a normal sitting position, rather than hunching over it in a horizontal position) without it constantly wanting to "slide down" out of my grip. I always found myself having to use my pinky and ring fingers underneath the bottom edge to hold the weight of the thing up, which just made for an agonizingly uncomfortable playing experience. This one is the only one that gives me a comfortable, firm grip AND naturally positions my thumbs and index finger over the controls. The only puzzle to me is those little "pegs" on the back side of each handle... they can slide in and out a little, but I can't figure out what the heck they are for... whatever, I just leave them pushed in flush and ignore them. Note that this accessory is for the original PSVita, not the new slimmer non-OLED revision -- they are different exterior dimensions so I doubt this would fit the new one. I hope this company releases a version of this that fits the newer ones as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bang for the Buck Grips for the Vita, October 22, 2014
I wasn't expecting much at this price, but these are truly great grips. Sure because of the opening for the back plate they may feel flimsy on their own, but once snapped onto the Vita they feel solid and feel like a natural extension. Mine has no wobble at all! Fit like a glove with all but the 3G port accessible. You won't have to take these off and on to charge or change games or anything unless you want to. I am very happy with my purchase, and would recommend to any Vita 1000 owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfects the feel and comfort of the Vita, March 7, 2014
Sometimes skeptical about Chinese plastic accessories. Lot of times they're flimsy and pretty worthless. But this little guy snaps on to the Vita like it belonged there and greatly improves the feel of the handheld and it doesn't add much weight either. Very impressed. Would have payed 10 bucks for this but only payed 3. Great job to the designer of this accessory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the Vita SOOO much more comfortable., January 30, 2014
If you bought the Vita for the purpose of Remote Play—as I did—then you will be thankful.

Everything about this is just right: the price, the comfort provided, and it even includes a stand (it's kind of cheap though).

I didn't find the Vita uncomfortable to hold, but when using it with Remote Play I found that I was setting off the back touch panel constantly. This fixed that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, High Quality, Works Well, October 28, 2013
N. Winter (Pittsburgh Area) - See all my reviews
This makes gaming on the vita for people with large hands much more comfortable. It's made out of strong and stiff plastic. I'm not sure if it would make it through a fall through. I have large hands and before this if i played a high intensity game on the vita for more than a half hour my hands used to hurt, but not they feel fine. Deff worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price, awesome grip!, August 25, 2014
You just can't beat the price. I considered other grips. Some have built in batteries, some claim to have more comfort, and many cover up the charging port. This grip has no bells and whistles, but given the likelihood of a built in battery going bad, I needed a grip that was free from that issue and didn't need to be removed when I wanted to charge it. This grip fit that bill perfectly. And it's small enough that I can fit the Vita into a small carrying case I have with the grip on so it won't ever need to come off. I highly recommend this. Did I mention you can't beat the price!?

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, June 30, 2014
I bought the version 2 of the ps vita. This grip still works for it, but it is slightly rougher on the system than the actual grip that is meant to be for it. I gave it to a friend that had the original vita, but when I did use it, it was a great grip.