Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller with Free Online Instructional Videos, Original (13-inch)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 27, 2015
I started using one of these at my gym, and man oh man, is that a great feeling. I have mild back pain from work, so I decided to buy one of these to keep at my house and I read online that Trigger Point was the best brand to buy for at home use.

I read through all the reviews, and decided to go for this particular model and it was delivered pretty quickly. All I can say is, wow. This one is actually better than the one I use at my gym. It eased the pain in my lower back, and actually works really well loosening up my muscles. I've started using it after working out and it seriously reduces the amount of soreness I have in my muscles the following day. I absolutely swear by it. I give it five stars, AND, I have a tip for all the fitness enthusiasts who use foam rollers for their muscles.

ThermaChill Pain Relief Roll On Cold Therapy, 3 fl oz. - Top Choice for Arthritis, Migraine Relief, Joint & Muscle Pain - Limited Time Offer: Buy 1 Get 1 Free!.

I started using this topical pain reliever after a friend at the gym recommended it for me, and it makes such a huge difference. Basically I get home, take a really hot shower, and use the foam roller on my lower back and any areas that I worked out recently. I then take the Thermachill and rub it on all of the areas that I just used the foam roller on, and this amazing warming sensation takes over and then cools down, completely alleviating any pain. The thermachill has tea tree oil and menthol, but it doesn't have too strong of a smell and it's completely easy to roll on without getting all over everything. I recommend it as an added product to use after the foam roller, as it gives you immediate relief for any ailments you may have.
77 comments|185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2010
I am a physical therapist and I first tried this product at a professional conference. My husband is a personal trainer and had used the traditional foam roller with client and himself for years until we got this one.
I like it because:
-- It is firmer than a basic white foam roller, allowing you to use more pressure and work out deep knots or tension better.
(Note: you can easily change the angle at which you use it to keep pressure light.)
-- It holds its shape. The basic foam rollers will dent in and break down with use, this product will retain its shape and thus will not need to be replaced.

After a successful home use trial, I also had two purchased for the clinic where I work. This is a solid product and I highly recommend it.
99 comments|615 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2016
I bought this as a lightning deal, not knowing what exactly to expect, but thinking my husband who is chronically tight in his shoulders and neck could somehow use this. A Christmas gift for a man who has everything, I was surprised by his daily, if not twice daily use of this roller. It took him about a week to figure out how best to use it for maximum benefit and now has no idea how he ever lived without it.
on January 23, 2016
I bought this for my wife for Christmas. And well, it's turned into a present for myself. I've used the foam rollers in the past, but these take it to another level. I'm a long distance runner, so I get a lot of leg muscle aches. This roller is great to stretch out your legs. For me, it's mostly the calves. I could almost say it's almost similar to getting a massage. The tension in my calves are completely loose after using this roller. I also use this for my back. I sit at a desk for most of my days and I have upper back stiffness.

Check out YouTube for many different techniques to use the roller properly. If you know anyone who has muscle stiffness or just need some stretching assistance. I highly recommend getting this for them. It's a gift that anyone would love!
on March 21, 2015
This is amazing! This deceptively simple tool helped my husband and I so much. Our muscles are constantly tense and tight, and this condition is not conducive to workouts. In my husband's case, he'd lived with an injured upper back muscles for years, and even got a shot for it. The day he rolled on it, he could literally feel his spines cracking and loosening. He felt like a million bucks after! Now he'd slowly started to ease into workouts again; workouts that were a pain to do before. And yes, it does hurt when we first rolled on it but over the course of a few weeks, with constant use our muscles are loosening up and it's easier to do. There are lots of tutorials on the internet on how to foam roll trigger points effectively, although it's fairly intuitive. Just roll really slowly, and if you hit a painful spot - relax into it. I find exhaling longer than my inhale helps. Don't do an area more than 20 seconds, generally. And if it's too painful, ease up and massage another area first before going back to the same spot again.
on January 12, 2016
I bought this foam roller about 3 years ago and it still is in excellent condition! I would probably say I used this roller personally for about 235 days altogether in a 3 year span. This is great news for potential buyers because it will not deform on you and won't have to buy another cheap foam roller ever again! Also, it comes with an instruction manual to give you some examples of stretches you can do for different body parts!

This is a must have tool in your training arsenal. The foam roller has a foam outer with a hard plastic inner. This allows the muscle/tendon to have a bit of padding, but the grid shapes as well as the inner liner trigger the muscles. I use this before I work out.

Pros: Easy To Use, Multifunctional, Targets Muscles, Sturdy, Compact
Best Uses: General Fitness, Sports Training, Strength Training, Endurance Training, Weight Loss, Outdoors

This foam roller is B-23 approved!
review image
on May 13, 2014
I have tried many foam rollers and this one is my favorite for sure! This roller has a nice mix of sturdiness and cushioning. The size is great, and it's nice to have a choice of color. Great roller!
on November 10, 2014
Congratulations foam roller. You made my masseuse lose a client! While I still like to get deep tissue every now and again, this has made my aches and pains so much less frequent and very easy to deal with myself. I got the pink version and it was worth every penny! I use it before and after workouts for about 5 to 10 minutes and haven't had an injury in I don't even know how long! Even just little spasms or sore spots are long gone quickly with this. I wanted to wait to review to see how it help up, and this thing has been used and used and is still in great shape with no signs of breaking down soon! I have even got my husband using it and considering a purchase of his own! I also love the look. I know, I know. You not supposed to buy these things for the look. But the pretty colors and great look don't hurt! Not that I think I'll need to for a long time, but I would definitely buy it again!
on January 21, 2016
I used a traditional foam roller before. I ended up putting a dent in it because i use it every night. The old foam roller's got nothing on this one! My hip pain i suffered from is almost gone! It's a lot more intense than the other foam roller but it works so much better. Cut my "rolling" time in half. I absolutely love it! It's a little shorter but works really well!
on October 30, 2015
Great foam roller!

Especially good when wanting to target thigh/inner thigh area as it is not as bulky as traditionally sized foam rollers.

I took this on my trip to Spain in my carry-on duffle bag. Light weight, easy to transport/travel (took it with me to Europe). Fits nicely in a duffle bag (easily transported to the gym or office).

Extremely well made product. Offers the stiffness/hardness required to get a good roll with the comfortable cushion of the encasing foam.

Highly recommend this to all runners/athletes!!