Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2013 5:13:01 AM PDT
Hell Monkey says:
So for most other movies like Lion King, Cinderella, etc. they have done a special blu-ray set with the trilogy. Does anyone know if there is any plans to do this for Little Mermaid?

Posted on Apr 22, 2013 4:08:50 PM PDT
rexter1000 says:
I would say they probably are to keep the tradition going

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2013 12:00:20 AM PDT
P. Stark says:
On September 2, 2013 the UK boxed set is released. It claims to be REGION FREE which is certainly in keeping with recent Blu-ray titles.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Mermaid-Collection-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B00DAVOG60

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 8:32:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2013 8:34:29 PM PDT
I just ordered The Little Mermaid (Two-disc Platinum Edition) (1989) Rene Auberjonois (Actor), Christopher Daniel Barnes (Actor) | Rated: G | Format: DVD,Cinderella (Two-Disc Special Edition), and Sleeping Beauty (Two-Disc Platinum Edition). I am looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2013 1:33:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2013 2:47:18 AM PDT
P. Stark says:
Watch out for pirate copies!

I live in the UK but have multi-region players.

After 2 years of searching I still don't own the double disc Little Mermaid DVD! I tried one R1 and another R2 via amazon marketplace and both were dodgy.

Amazon did refund my money and investigate. The customer is not made aware of the results of internal investigations carried out by amazon.

I still have the earlier single disc DVD for now (UK, Region 2, PAL) and have pre-ordered the DVD/Blu-Ray combo-pack here at amazon.com but I'm not sure if there is a release date yet.

BTW, the commentary track is different on the two DVD versions of Sleeping Beauty.

2008 DVD commentary by Pixar's John Lasseter, Disney animator Andreas Déja and film critic/historian Leonard Maltin.

2003 DVD commentary hosted by Jeff Kurtti (Disney Historian) with contributions by Ollie Johnston (Supervising Animator), Marc Davis (Supervising Animator), Eyvand Earle (Art Director), Frank Armitage (Backgrount Painter), Mary Costa (Voice Actress - "Brier Rose"/Aurora), Michael Giaimo (Modern Disney Artist - i.e. he had nothing to do with making the film) & Mike Gabriel (Modern Disney Artist - i.e. he had nothing to do with making the film).

Sleeping Beauty (Special Edition)

I own the earlier DVD but do hope to buy the Blu-ray disc version by years' end (2013).

Enjoy your movies.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Little Mermaid (Fully Restored Special Edition) [VHS]
The Little Mermaid (Fully Restored Special Edition) [VHS] by Jodi Benson (VHS Tape - 1998)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (2,462)