Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Trine 2: Complete Story - PS4 [Digital Code]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 20, 2013
I'm reviewing this based on the demo alone - it's that awesome! This is one of the most gorgeous games i've ever played! It's 2d but in 1080p 60fps with amazing art designs and lighting, but best of all it's in stereoscopic 3d and looks amazing!

The gameplay is great, you get 3 heroes, each with their own unique abilities. You are trying to complete levels using elements of platforming, battling goblins, and puzzle solving that often involves physics.

Beyond the gorgeous visuals, it's also got great presentation, voice acting, music and sound effects. I'm going to buy the complete game and hope the rest of the game is as awesome as the demo is.
on March 21, 2014
This game is highly addictive to my wife as she has taken over my PS4 since installing it. The colors are incredible as they remind you of the colors in avatar. We also have a 3D TV which makes it all the better. The only thing that would make this game even better is if we lived in Colorado or Washington state.
on November 17, 2013
I am a lucky guy that got his PS4 early for Christmas. I downloaded the free demo on the free PS Plus subscription included. If you have a 3/d TV then your lucky cause this game is beautiful in 3d! There is also really cool integration of the dual shock 4 touch pad. I highly recommend this game as I then purchased it of the PS Store.
on July 11, 2014
I have played many, many video games over the years, and a whole lot of those were in the fantasy and/or role playing genres. To my surprise and delight, Trine 2 has topped them all in terms of capturing the "feel" of a fantasy realm. Even though it is only rendered in two dimensions, as opposed to the multitude of RPGs available in 3D, Trine 2 immerses me better than any of the games that have come before it. When I play it, I actually feel like I'm taking part in a beautifully drawn fairy tale. The visuals are top notch (the amount of detail and imagination is staggering!), the music is PERFECT for the setting, and the gameplay is a blast, offering just the right amount of challenge in a carefully balanced combination of action and unique puzzles. There is plenty of content here, and the game is surprisingly long, especially with the bonus levels included in the "Complete Story" edition.

And the cherry on top is that PS Plus subscribers (myself included) recently got this game for free! An excellent choice for the monthly Instant Game Collection selection, and one that I couldn't be happier with. Kudos to the developers of Trine 2, for they have created a masterpiece.
on March 11, 2016
I have a strange relationship with this game. I wasn't exactly looking for a new game, but my dad suggested I buy it after he noticed I spent several weekends in a row bored out of my mind and spending most of my time complaining how bored I was. I purchased Trine 2 on Amazon for $10, and on the PSstore it was $19.95, so I was getting it ten dollars cheaper, so I figured why not.

This is, in no way, my usual type of game. I AM into puzzle games, but with the exception of some Mario throwbacks, I've never been into the side-scrolling games (or at least, not since I was a kid), but I decided to try. Some people on Amazon say the puzzles were either way too hard or way too easy. I would say that 99% of the time, if a puzzle was too hard it was because of my own error. I knew what I HAD to do, but because I have less practice with Perfectly Timed Jumps that happen more in old, side scrolling games, I fought and fought with my own reflexes to get something to work. Likewise, I only really have time to play on weekends and I also only have time to drink on weekends, so those two things often over lapped. I will say that the times I played the game during the day, the puzzles seemed easier and I grew less angry after spending twenty minutes trying to balance a freaking plank over a box, but I digress.

One of the biggest pros of the game is the utterly BEAUTIFUL locations that are played. It's side scrolling, so it upset me a bit that I couldn't explore the beautiful backgrounds behind me. It added an entirely different element to the game, seeing the things in the background, places I could never go, but THINK about. This was the first side-scrolling game that really made me wish I could explore the locations to the fore and background, so that was obviously a plus.

On the other hand, the game is alright. It's plot is somewhat minimal. I didn't play the first Trine game, but basically, this glowing artifact known as the Trine gets these three people together for A Second Quest (a thief, a fighter, and a wizard), and the player can alternate between these three characters and their different skill sets throughout the game. The characters are cool, and the fact there are three distinct characters with their own traits, I would consider a positive. But now, I can't even really remember what the plot device was that got our heroes on their journey to begin with, but maybe it's the fact that Goblins (or something) are taking over the realm. Our heroes go to save the day and meet this Princess, but then she also has a sister, and the sisters didn't always appear to get along. I remember playing and being pretty engrossed with the story because I thought the puzzles were fun and engaging, but now, I struggle to remember the actual plot, and it's only been a few days since I played this game.

I did care enough about the game to look up all the poems to understand the sisters' story better, but not enough to play the game again to complete it on my own.

That was, ultimately, the reason why I went with 4 stars and not 5. This game is beautiful; it truly is. I kind of liked the characters, and I liked that each of the three players have a different skill set and as the game goes on, their skills must be upgraded to complete puzzles. However, this game didn't wow me with the plot. It didn't make me cry, like Journey or Brothers or The Last Of Us, and it didn't compel me to complete the story to 100% completion, getting all the poems and upgrades, like Assassin's Creed or the Arkham (Batman) games did. I'm glad I played this game, because it was enjoyable way to kill some time, but it probably won't be a game I will play again... Or at least, if I do, it won't be for a while and it won't be because I loved it so much the first time that I had to experience it again. It was a cool way to spend a weekend (it's only a 10 hour or so game), but not one that truly wowed me.
on November 30, 2013
This is an awesome platformer. The graphics and color used here is spectacular as well as the puzzles used to get through the levels. This is also my first 3D game and I have found it exceptional! Why aren't all games like this? The 3D really contributes to the colors and 1080p graphics.

While I can't play this game for hours using 3D because my eyes get tired after awhile I will still NOT play this game any other way. The 3D aspect really goes well with this genre. For the price this game has a lot of value!
on June 10, 2015
Beautifully stylized, this puzzle platformer pulls you in initially. Storybook reading is slightly lackluster, and some of the puzzles miss the mark in one way or another, but a solid 4 out of 5 stars overall, esp if you're looking for something for 3 players.
on November 25, 2013
Really great game, the graphics looks amazing, even more so in 3D!
The game is very polished, and I appreciate all the efforts in creating each detailed levels with lots of creative puzzles. Its really fun to play with one or two other people.
on July 21, 2015
Great game! I purchased this to play 3-player with my 2 sons. We all enjoy it a lot. The game is not very difficult, but has a fun story and colorful imagery. We play most of the 2D side scroller, simultaneous multiplayer games we can get our hands on (Rayman, Mario, etc). The difference with this one is the RPG aspect. Rather than running each other off screen constantly we are forced to work as a team to solve the puzzles of each area. This was a very enjoyable aspect to this game and I look forward to Trine 3.
on March 23, 2014
It is very beautiful and colorfull game, looks really great, I bought it for my GF(the only game she played before is sims) and my little sister (she is 9) and they really like the game, I played it for few hours to, it's too easy and unchallenging for me, but I think it's great for kids and newbie gamers :)