Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on October 17, 2011
After using the Mach Speed Trio Droid Tablet for the first two days it would be very remiss of me not to write a review. Out of the box, this is a PHENOMENAL device--for the price, of course. I bought this tablet for $169.99. Mainly to use as an ebook/pdf reader and internet browser, this is a wonderfully surprising tablet!

Why 5 stars?
Despite the cons, this tablet fulfills all my needs and more.

Pros:
-You get way more than what you pay for:

.The tablet feels wonderful in the hand and it's very light.
.Solid device, build quality is okay but solid nonetheless. (nothing to dance about, more on
that later)
.Very responsive, multi-touch. The touchscreen experience is on par with most higher end
tablets.
.Comes with a camera and microphone! (Not the best quality camera, but considering what I
paid for it, and some of the more expensive tablets (Coby Kyros) come without; that's a
plus!
.Display is bright. Gorgeous to look at indoors, manageable outdoors as well.
.Exceptional battery life; runs 4-6 hrs on a full charge.
.Performance:- Excellent! Yet to experience a lag!
.Great at multitasking.
.1080p video playback, supports Flash.
.Come with Android Gingerbread 2.3 and Android Market!!
.2 micro usb ports; expandable storage (up to 32GB) by micro sd card.
.Wifi is great, no unexpected signal drops.
.No major cons!!

Cons:
.Build quality could be better, frame seems kinda loose and difficulty experienced plugging
in the charger and headphones; but after a while it becomes easier. *Hardly a deterrent*
.Pretty unknown tablet. No forum support.(only a con if heavy tweaking is your thing)

All in all, this tablet is very powerful and gets the job done. For the price it outshines the majority of tablets in the $150-$250 price range. I have no qualms recommending this to anyone looking for a 'budget' device as it is very comparable to the Samsung Galaxy Tab and iPad 2.
66 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2011
I bought my Trio from Tigerdirect in September. I liked the feature set, but within two weeks, the screen rotation function failed. I sent the unit back to Tigerdirect for replacement. Tigerdirect said any fuyture problems should be handled directly with the manufacturer. Within 2 weeks of receiving the second tablet, i began experiencing problems writing data to the micro-sd card. I tried different cards, but the problem persisted. I contacted Machspeed customer service and sent the tablet to them. MS sent the unit back with a note saying I needed to make sure the sd card was properly seated and there was nothing wrong with the tablet. The write problem persisted and I requested a replacement tablet. Machspeed grudgingly agreed to replace the tablet. I paid to ship the tablet back a second time. (By now I have about $30 in shipping tied up in this thing). Mach Speed sent me a USED tablet that is not the same model (no bluetooth) and has problems with the charger and no Android market installed.

I want to warn people not to buy this product. My experience has been a nightmare.
on May 22, 2012
I do not recomend this product, the internet is super slow, it will not download apps,music,ebooks,etc. and after 1 week of using it the touch screen stopped working....i'm very disappointed with this product!
on November 4, 2011
I received two of these devices one the touch screen didn't work in some spots. The second one I received the speakers didn't work. Mach Speed Customer support lied to me saying it had Android market yet in their instruction manual it shows it. You get what you pay for. The screen is pretty but my Sprint EVO runs apps way faster. I will spend the extra hundred bucks and probably get the HTC Flyer at best buy. Take my advice and you might save yourself some unnecessary time sending it back.
on October 12, 2012
This is a nice tablet if you do not plan on downloading apps.This tablet does not work with Google Play Store.
The tablet comes with programs to down load Getjar and Amazon Market Place.Problems not all Gejar apks will download to this tablet (call to customer service informed me that this tablet is not compatiable with Getjar and to use Amazon Market)then why include Getjar as a download.Amazon Market ask for a payment type even for free apps.
If you are not planning on downloading apps this is a good tablet for the price.
on September 2, 2012
I bought this as an open box special and from the box it wouldn't connect to my wifi. I restored the device to factory settings and the wifi started working. Then I couldn't figure out how to download apps. I finally realized that you have to use amazon marketplace. Google play will not work. Amazon marketplace was not on the desktop either. Now that I have this tablet "purring", I love it. It's built very solid. It feels like an expensive tablet. The screen is bright and responsive. Aside from the initial problems, this tablet has far exceeded my expectations.
on November 26, 2011
We ordered this for my son (3.5yr) It doesn't come with Market on it, but that was easy to download from a computer. The capacitive touch screen is great! Sooo much better than the resistive screens most tablets in the under 200 range have. This works just as well as my Evo my son also loves to play!
on February 7, 2015
Terrible tablet after about a few months after purchase it started acting up the screen out of the blue quit working it wouldn't turn on even though it was fully charged I tried resetting battery that didn't work either a few days later it started working again then a few days later it shut off again even though battery had a full charge a few days later the screen turned on again its been about a week now since it turned back but it now is acting really funny things just aren't working right I do not recommend trio
on August 17, 2014
I bought this thing for a Trip and it worked okay at first. Arriving at my destination and I left it unused for months but charged it occasionally. Since then, it has not worked right and will only work w/power supply attached and plugged in, won't work at all with just battery even though it says it's fully charged and obviously has a problem that I cannot fix, so basically it's junk. Bad design, bad deal, I feel ripped off. Don't buy these junky tablets from Trio.