- Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
- Note: Gifting is not available for this item.
- ASIN: B004M191RQ
- Release Date: March 1, 2011
- Average Customer Review: 82 customer reviews
This item is currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
- Full-Featured: Guilds, dungeons, raids, auctions, crafting, a vibrant economy, Player vs. Player combat, and more!
- World as Your Adversary: Extra-planar creatures surge into the world from rifts, turning bastions of safety into frenzied battlefields.
- Build Your Class: No other game lets you build your class the way Rift does. Specialize in a single class or pick and choose abilities from many to create a character uniquely suited to your playstyle.
- PvP Combat: Battle others in exhilarating Player vs. Player combat! Earn PvP ranks, titles, loot, and unique souls to further enhance your character.
- Choose Your Role: Each character can have up to four different roles, so you can choose different classes for every situation! You might have one for PvP and another for raids; or perhaps you want a high-damage or high-defense build.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Default UI is a great. Although many of the goodies are turned off by default, you can easily turn them on through the interface setting. No need to go to addon website to install extra stuff. Things like target of target, AoE auto loot, auto sell gray items, etc. The UI layout editor is very easy to use. I'm actually really happy with it out of the box. It's not perfect, but a great starting point.
Public groups. I thought it was dumb when I first saw it, but there's a plus sign above everyone's avatar. You can click this and invite yourself to create an auto-group with the person. This is great when you see someone doing the quest you're looking to do, you can just auto group and you both and help each other. When you're done, just leave and be on your way. You can turn this feature off if you don't like a random stranger joining you. This also works for Public Group when taking down world events, such as RIFTs and Invasions. If there are multiple public groups, it merges them in to one.
Warfronts. Essentially, it's instance battlegrounds. The queues are very quick since its cross-servers. You need to be at least level 10 to do your first Warfront. There are brackets from 10-19, 20-29, and so on. It's pretty much the same old same old here, so nothing exciting about it. The experience gain is enough that you could level from just playing the warfronts if you choose to.Read more ›
- Triton is extremely responsive to its customers, providing nearly constant updates
- the user interface is extremely polished - it literally shines
- the graphics are superior for an MMO
- the rift concept is innovative and done fairly well
- focuses strongly on end-game and PvP, so the game doesn't get old
There's a lot to dislike about Rift:
- the world is small and cramped
- character movement speed is extremely slow (related to the small world?)
- the questing in this game is extremely, extremely boring - even WoW has started moving away from pure "kill 10 rats" types of quests
- to my eyes, the art in this game just isn't attractive: the races are ugly, with nothing at all familiar to choose from, the world is pretty drab, the NPCs lack much originality in design, and pets are usually ghoulish and/or hideous
- the story is mediocre at best, and largely non-existent after the early game
- the game feels like a copy in almost every way, lacking its own personality.
Rift is a game I want to like, but I can't. And honestly, I don't dislike it either. Strangely for a game, I have no strong reaction one way or the other to it. Perhaps when the developers come out with their expansion this year, which will hopefully add something in the way of story content, a sprint ability, revamped character artwork, and more dynamic questing options, I'll come back to it. The developer is trying, but it just doesn't click with me - try it to level 20 and judge for yourself, then let me know - because I'm still not sure what to think of Rift.
by just clicking 'join group' no real human interaction takes place , even though there is technically another person running around beside you. being in a guild doesnt mean anything because you just click in and out of guilds. all gear is temporary and the next best piece of gear happens in 6 hours after getting the one you just got. so there isnt really any "goal" to work towards. you dont like your character ? fine just pay some chump change and change your entire spec in 2 minutes . nothing is permanent and nothing has consequences. died? oh no problem, just respawn and run back into battle (minus 10% stats per death until you see a healer (who is never really more than a few minutes walk away). this is all just my opinion, the technical aspects of the game are excellent. it doesnt lag, it runs beautifully, servers run excellent. the graphics are brilliant, and the gui rocks. it is my personal feeling tha tit lacks a bit of soul but hey, thats just me! enjoy
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was a fun game for a while but quickly became repetitive and the community was juvenile.Published 1 month ago by J. Gregory
wasn't a horrible game. Just made me want to play WoW. so i went back to that.Published 13 months ago by Espi
I did not like this game at all.
It is not what you think it would be at all. I played it for maybe a week and was done. Read more
we didnt like this do to it being the same thing over and over again there are so many more games to play and this is not one of them sorryPublished on September 20, 2013 by racine
I actually played this game in Beta, and when it was going F2P, a friend of mine urged me to buy it a month before F2P launched because of the bonuses I'd get. Read morePublished on August 6, 2013 by Peter Venuti
Great class system, fun mechanics, friendly community. And, now the game is F2P which diminishes none of the above. Well worth the purchase.Published on July 10, 2013 by Gravelstein
It is a great game that is now Free to Play in its entirety. You have to download the client followed by patching. Took a while with a dsl connection, 12 gigs roughly. Read morePublished on July 1, 2013 by Robert Surber