Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on August 5, 2011
My disclaimer: typical phosphatidylserine usage is for neurological benefits; with some medical doctors suggesting that neuro-PS can actually build neuro-receptors in the brain. Whether or not this is true, I make no claim. One of the only *known* side affects is an arrest in cortisol production, a hormone that initiates catabolism, and is also responsible for fat/cellulite retention. This is my purpose for using this supplement. Through a wholesome, primal diet, I have worked diligently to build up my health, and as an athlete, I was looking to better control my lean body mass with no side affects. So, taking 1 capsule of phosphatidylserine prior to bed puts off the catabolic affects (breakdown in the body) until around the time I awake, at which point I further arrest cortisol production with breakfast. That being said, this is an experiment, and I'm not a medical professional. While I will claim that I have seen these benefits, I have no formal evidence that this will work for anyone else. But honestly, in the past 3 months, with regular usage, and a solid diet, with proper exercise, I've dropped from 9.3% body fat to 7.0% with muscle gain and significant athletic performance increase.

NOTE: Cortisol is a fundamentally important hormone in the body, and catabolism is a natural process that is NECESSARY for wellness and longevity. What I'm doing is simply *limiting* (or attempting to) the time spent in a catabolic state. I would NEVER recommend alteration of hormonal levels on an accelerated scale, which could lead to a myriad of health complications, not limited to: fertility issues, adrenal fatigue, frequent illness, metabolic syndrome, etc.

So, with my discussion of 1-why and 2- disclaimed non-recommendation for usage to attain similar results, I will make a point to declare what I like about this product:

There are few PS supplements on the market that are all PS, without fillers or unnecessary additives. This is one of them! It is 300mg of pure Phosphatidylserine (or so that label states). I have achieved my goals with this product; it works very well for my intended purposes. As a "side affect" of my usage, it seems to work in the way it was intended. I am definitely cognitively more alert, have better memory retention, and my logic processes seem to be getting back to what they were when I had a 4.0 on high school. Is it a miracle drug? No, there's no such thing. Can it help? With time and proper use, I believe this can help most *healthy* people.

I hope that this helps someone, or at least gives you the impression that this is a good product, if you're looking for quality PS. The price isn't too shabby either!
2323 comments|232 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2012
I have been using this supplement for about 6 months. It's a great complement to my medication treatment for ADD/Anxiety, because it doesn't interact with my meds.

Like medication, it does take several weeks to get in to your system, and you have to know the dose that's right for you. I'm taking 3 capsules per day,900mg total. This isn't for everyone, though.

I actually didn't see improvements in my memory/concentration until about 3 months in. It definately works! The only downside to it is that it's a pricey habit to keep up. And if I go off of it for longer than a week, it feels like i'm back at square one,and needing more of my medication.

*Another thing I noticed, is that I'm losing weight. Nothing significant, barely 1-2lbs per week with my diet & exercise..and I started off last year being nearly 100lbs overweight. I've been dieting for years, and only gained weight until now. So maybe there's something to this supplement?

I wish insurance would cover things like this...
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2010
It took about 2 weeks for me to notice an improvement in my memory at 300 mg per day. The results were very subtle coming on slowly. There is no doubt that it greatly improved my memory. I ran out when I finished the first bottle. That's when it became obvious how much it had helped. My memory returned to its previous state where it was without the PS and I had trouble remembering things again. I reordered and started taking it again at which time the great results returned. I find it much easier to remember names, phone numbers, things I need to do, etc. I've taken it for months now and could not do without it.
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2013
I have tried different memory pills from various companies which manufacture them and all seems to have the same effect on me... NOTHING, which includes the whopping cost for 30 days usages. I always have problems remembering things, even when I have to study and sit for exams, things can get really difficult for me and right now I am face with one of the very difficult challenges of taking another difficult exam, so I wanted that little memory" boost" if there is really one... Browsing the internet, I came across "Triple-Strength Phosphatidylserine 300 mg 30 Caps by Swanson Ultra." Anyways I decided to give this one a try. Here is a little bit of my medical history, as a child growing up, I suffers from Tourette Syndrome and Anxiety. With one mental breakdown eight years ago, things have gotten from bad to worst. All my life I have used various neurological medications for both disorders, only to find the symptoms have gotten worst over the years. Any supplements, medications and herbs would irritate both of my disorders. Like I said, I need something to help me to remember academically. Using Triple-Strength Phosphatidylserine, I was expecting another bout of non stop, erratic multiple tics and a feelings of apprehension from the anxiety. But something happens which elevates my happy mood, after ten days, the feelings of anxiousness seems to subsides and here come the best part. MY MULTIPLE TICS WHICH STEMS FROM THE TOURETTE SYNDROME HAVE REDUCE DRAMATICALLY. Now I can talk without cut short my speech and feeling less exhausted. I feel great, for the first time in my 40 plus years of my life. Kind of pricey though because I am taking three bottles per month. LOVE THIS PRODUCT FROM SWANSON. By the way, I have seen a just a "little" improvement in memory.
on November 11, 2011
I bought this to help bring down my high cortisol. I take one of these after dinner, and it helps me get to sleep and sleep through the night. My latest test shows that it did reduce my cortisol. I like that these are 300mg each, so I don't have to take 3 separate pills of 100mg, which is what most PS capsules are. These are a good value.
on October 3, 2015
With the direction of my naturopathic doctor I have been taking this since January to help me sleep. I have had adrenal fatigue and insomnia for so long and this gets me to bed before a second wind hits. Cortisol should not be high at night. Taking one of these around 8:30 helps me get to bed before 11:00 PM. I have had insomnia for as long as I can remember and I'm 47 now. For the first time in my life I can sleep now. The body repairs itself when sleeping. If you are not sleeping you are NOT repairing. Eventually living a type A lifestyle catches up.

What I like about this one is that it's 300 mg in one capsule so I only need one. Since I take other things before bed it helps that I don't have to take 3 of them like other brands. I recommend for anyone with high night time cortisol and adrenal fatigue.
on July 7, 2014
I love it! I am sensitive to nootropics giving me a headache and this brand gave me a therapeutic dosage for a reasonable price AND no headache with a daily supplementation. AND it really does elevate my mood better than anything I have tried. I just felt happier... Also my research into it reveals that it can help heal my brain.
I am reordering. :)
on May 8, 2012
This product is one of the best supplements I have taken. My memory function has increased dramatically with this product.
on May 29, 2014
.I purchased this to help with regulating cortisol production and reducing my belly fat. It is not an overnight process but in one month I have dropped enough lower belly fat to reduce my jean size by 2 inches and I no longer look 4 months pregnant. I still have a way to go. I am a person in a high stress high concentration job who suffers from ADD and anxiety. I have been on Xanax for this for years. I have not had the need for my prescription Xanax at all. I have been better able to handle stress, be more focused at work and able to concentrate on tasks. I have had a general feeling of wellbeing, energy and alertness. I am sleeping better at night and I am able to shut my nagging brain off at night without the help of sleep aids or anxiety medications. This product also has no fillers and is actually 300 mg. I take this along with NOW Super Cortisol Support. This product is not an overnight fix but it has really helped on so many levels for me and is worth the wait as it starts working. I will have this delivered monthly and take this for the rest of my life. The quality is double for a fraction of the price on Amazon.
on December 2, 2013
I primarily started taking these for the Cortisol reducing effect. I haven't had my levels tested, but can speak to the subjective experience of taking PS. The most noticeable consequence of taking one of these at night before bed (the recommended dosage and time) for me is the vivid and memorable dreams. I do notice more clarity of thought after a few weeks of taking it, and definitely a mild feeling of being "sharper" that other reviewers have described. It isn't like the heightened energy and focus that a stimulant would provide, but more like a calm, level-headed clarity.