5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price
Published on December 16, 2008 by Aaron V.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sony DCR-TRV350 to iMac
Published on February 15, 2011 by S.H.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sony DCR-TRV350 to iMac, February 15, 2011
This review is from: Tripp Lite FireWire 800 IEEE 1394b Hi-speed Cable (9pin/4pin) 6-ft.(F019-006) (Electronics)
In Feb 2010, I bought the cable to transfer video from my Sony DCR-TRV350 8mm camcorder to my iMac. IMovie only sometimes recognized the TRV350. When it did, iMovie promptly displayed a "Communication Error". I took the TRV350 camcorder and the 4pin/9pin Tripp Lite cable to the local Apple store. The MacBook Pro would not recognize the TRV350 after multiple attempts. The Apple store folks were kind enough to open a new 4pin/9pin white "Mac" cable right off their product wall to try out (Belkin brand). Importing worked perfectly with the "Mac" cable. I purchased the "Mac" Belkin cable, left the Apple store with a smile, and repeated the same success at home with my iMac. I rated this Tripp Lite cable 1-star since a different cable brand worked with my 2 devices while this Tripp Lite cable did not. In my situation, a different cable brand (Belkin) made all the difference.

Update: I checked pin-out. The correct pin-outs are 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4. The Tripp Lite cable was wired incorrectly with 9pin-4pin pinned 1-3, 2-4, 3-1, and 4-2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, December 16, 2008
This cable works great, and is perfect for connecting my HD camcorder to the FireWire 800 port on my new Macbook Pro. I checked Target, Best Buy, and Fry's Electronics, and no one carried this type of cable. You would have to buy a 4-pin to 6-pin cable, and then a 6-pin to 9-pin converter, which ends up costing a LOT more. This cable does that for much less. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!!, February 2, 2009
Alecia (Riverside, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This firewire was exactly what I had been looking for. I went to Best Buy, Fry's, Radio Shack and then Apple. No one seemed to understand what I was needing. This wire fit my new mac book pro up to my Sony camcorder immediately. The shipment was quick. The price was very reasonable. The quality of the wire is heavy duty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable for Less than $10!, October 18, 2010
AmazonAddict (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
If you have a 2009 or newer Macbook Pro you have a 9pin Firewire connection on your laptop. Like most Mac users out there, I had trouble finding a 4pin to 9pin Firewire cable to connect my Canon HD video camera to my Macbook Pro. Nowhere in town seemed to have them. I found a few retailers online that wanted around $25, which I would have gotten, had I not found this one. Since this one was only $6, and it had really good reviews, I figured I would give it a shot. I am so glad I did! I ended up saving $15 over the other cables and this one is actually built really well. The connection fits nice and tight in my Macbook Pro and it seems really well built. Would definitely buy again if needed, and would recommend to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all MacBook Pro users., March 20, 2009
The ideal product for connecting a SONY camcorder to the Mac's Firewire port. I tried four different stores without success. The camcorder connected right up and I easily downloaded my video. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I NEEDED AND COULD NOT FIND ANYWHERE IN THE CITY, January 18, 2009
I just purchased a MacBook Pro and noone had the cord that I needed. I was hesitant to order it b/c I didn't know if it would work and and worked like a charm! Just make sure it's the right cord for you and then get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Firewire 9pin/4pin, February 6, 2009
I recommend this firewire cable to anyone who uses sony digital video camera, and the new MacBook Pro to download their movies. Plug and play.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Needed Product!!, August 20, 2009
These cables are kind of hard to find. And when you do find them, they seem to be quite expensive.

Not the case here. A good quality cable that does the job exactly as I need. Just plug it in to your computer and device and it works. For me, that would be a 2009 MacPro Oct-Core. I have this cable connected to the computers FW800 port and to a Sony DV Camcorder; works great, no problems.

Thanks Tripp Lite for making this and to Amazon for listing it!!. I definitely appreciate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, August 28, 2009
I read the other reviews about this cable before I bought it and that's pretty much what made my decision to get it. I used it to hook up my Sony camera to my new 17" Macbook Pro and it worked with absolutely NO problems. In fact I was almost surprised how great it worked since I work in the video industry and run into cable problems all the time. Haven't tested it with another camera or computer, but definitely worked great for what I needed it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars a cable is a cable, May 9, 2008
Lucas Chen (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
a cable is a cable.. and a working cable is all you can ask for.. and it does.