5.0 out of 5 stars Tripp Lite UPS 900U
Published on March 29, 2010 by G. P. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a great UPS
I hate APC, but I am going back to them after two Tripplites. This particular unit doesn't announce that the battery is getting weak - it just randomly dies. The self-test does not work as described in the manual and just shuts the unit down. Changing the battery is very difficult because the wires are very short.
Published 8 months ago by Marcia A. Newkirk

5.0 out of 5 stars Tripp Lite UPS 900U, March 29, 2010
This review is from: Tripp Lite INTERNET900U 900VA 480W UPS Desktop Battery Back Up Compact 120V USB RJ11 PC, 12 Outlets (Electronics)
Easy to set up and use. I have a voip set up and my main phones are connected to the computer.If the computer goes off, even for a second, the voip program has to be reset manually. Sometimes,when the computer cuts off, I have to repair the voip program. I no longer worry about this. Unless the computer goes off for a long period of time the phone can still be used. If the power is off so long that the ups can no longer keep the computer going, it is shut off correctly and no programs are corrupted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a great UPS, October 16, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Tripp Lite Internet 900u, 900VA 480W UPS, August 24, 2013
The unit was installed 7/21/13 and seems to be handeling power interrupts and surges quite well . The unit has 6 battery supported outlets and 6 surge outlets. I have approximately 700 VA of rated equipment connected and am quite satisfied with it's performance. I definetly would suggest adding up all equipment intended and purchasing a properly rated protector. I do like the layout of the outlets where all cords extend outward of the unit. The unit is compact and conveniently tucks away out of site.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, January 18, 2010
S. Ehrhorn (Albuquerque, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This was a Christmas gift. I followed the 3 steps under quick instructions and the battery side doesn't work. I e-mailed technical support about this, takes the full time mentioned to get a response which asked a question (which was irrelevant to the problem), I responded, another 2 days for a response only to have another question asking if I had allowed the unit to charge - not one of the 3 steps mentioned above and am currently still awaiting a reponse. Unfortunately now it appears the battery is fried. Will be returning very soon and finding something that is not a Tripp Lite product (fun asking for the receipt from a gift so I can return).

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!, April 24, 2008
Wayne Paterson "allpar2" (Teaneck, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This is a very light UPS for its rated capacity, and you can probably guess why. It came nowhere near its specifications in my use, and with every power outage gave up after around 20 seconds, then giving an overload alert even with nothing plugged in (or with something small, e.g. under 20 watts, plugged in). The company exchanged it for a new one after an hour and a half of argument and testing, and the new one had the same problem. Pay a little extra and get a real UPS. Or use this one, realize you won't be protected, and after every power failure let it sit unplugged for a week to reset itself (just resetting it won't work).

Rate and Discover Movies