5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!
Bought one for my Dad for his computer a while back. Lightening hit a tree next to his house and a fork jumped to his roof (blew a bunch of shingles off). It ruined his TV, phone, a couple of radios and a bunch of lights. Ruined the surge protector too but it did its job, his computer was fine. Tripp Lite replaced the surge protector for free. A great product.
Published on April 1, 2007 by Howard E. Carr Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars RJ45 doesn't support Gigabit Ethernet?
I was disappointed that the Tripp Lite TLP810NET RJ45 supports only 10/100Mbps Ethernet. I discovered this when I connected it to my Gigabit Ethernet switch. Fortunately, I had also purchased the Tripp Lite TRAVELER100BT which did support Gigabit Ethernet. I'm keeping both - but the Trip Lite TLP810NET is pretty expensive for lacking Gigabit Ethernet support.
Published 16 months ago by jvandyke

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, April 1, 2007
This review is from: Tripp Lite TLP810NET 8-Outlet Surge Protector 3240 Joules, 10 Feet Cord, Tel/DSL, Ethernet, Coax (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing protection for EVERYTHING!, June 26, 2002
The TLP810net has all the protection I need at an astonshing 2518 joule rating (higher joules=greater protection from surges). I plugged in my DSL modem, TV, and phone line on the RJ11 jacks, ethernet and coax outlets. And I could even plug in 3 bulky transformer plugs without blocking any of the 5 other outlets! What makes this product even better is the low price and the great insurance rating ($100,000 insurance on connected equipment)! I shop around, this is my 3rd Tripp Lite product and they are by far the best value and protection available!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty Device, October 11, 2009
This is a good choice for your home entertainment needs. Between TV sets, video game systems, DVD and Blu Ray players, and pretty much anything else you'll ever hook up, there's plenty of electronics to go around yet far fewer outlets. The Tripp Lite surge protector TLP810NET is ideal for providing you the space you need to hook many of your electronics up in a single area. This isn't simply because it provides 8 additional sockets that you can plug right into, but the real beauty of this device is in it's excellent design. First of all coming right out of the box your going to notice that the adapter you plug into the wall is angled so that it doesn't get in the way of other wall sockets. It doesn't matter if you plug it in the top or bottom socket on your outlet, it's cord is angled to loop over other sockets affording you the needed space. A simple thing really but very nifty and you wont find many surge protectors like this. It has 5 normal sockets and 3 spaced out sockets on separate sides of the protector. You can plug your bulky adapters into the spaced section without compromising other sockets on the device. They also placed slot shields on the sockets to prevent accidental poking and prodding from damaging the protector or yourself (silly you). You simply use your index fingers to slide the shields in and out as you require access to sockets. It also provides protection for an ethernet cable, cat 5 cords for telephones, and coax cables as well. So whether you have a video game system and TV center attached to this thing or a computer and land line phone it doesn't matter, Tripp Lite covers it all. It has 3690 joules which just basically means more protection from electrical damage. The more joules the better.

So in the end what really makes this a value in summary is design, quality, and adaptability. It does it's job and stays out of your way while protecting your electronics devices. Pretty tough not to appreciate that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Unit, September 10, 2008
After our second major lightning strike in less than a year, I decided to buy top notch surge protectors for all my electronics. After reviewing several brands and models, I decided on two of the Tripp Lite and two Belkins. I chose the Tripp Lite because of its on/off switch, although I found out after they finally arrived that the Belkins do have a power switch on the end. The units are made of high quality plastics and the recepticles have individual covers to keep the dust and dirt out. A nice feature, and one they should have applied to the phone and ethernet jacks as well as they are harder to clean. The unit comes with a nice long heavy duty cord. The models I recieved had the flat angled plug on the end, and personally I think they are a nuisance. The Tripp Lite 810NET will protect all of your electronic devices and connections. Besides power, the unit has a phone jack set, an ethernet RJ45 jack set, and a coax connector set. So no matter how you connect, your covered with these units. Installation was simple and no different than a regular power strip. The units I purchased and recieved were supposed to come with all the cables, IE: A 5' Cat 5 Patch Cable, a 5' Coax Patch Cable and a 5' phone line. Someone stole the Cat 5 cable from one, and the Coax cable for the other. My only other beef was that it took 4 weeks to get the items. Now I did select free shipping, and both the Belkins and Tripp Lite were both stocked, sold and shipped by Amazon at the time. It was a little over 2 weeks before I even got my shipping notice. Even for free shipping, this was poor service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not network savy, December 5, 2011
I got this all hooked up nicely for our home theatre, and it was a pleasure to use. It has good form, function, and style (even though it will remain mostly hidden by the TV stand). It powers all our audio visual components, including an LG 47" LED flat-screen, blue-ray player, Wii console, an old Pioneer audio amplifier system, and a few other miscellaneous items. Six of the 8 sockets are now in use. I was pleased that the cable TV video signal does not get degraded after passing through the unit. HOWEVER, the ethernet pass-though is a different story. Something degrades the quality of the wired ethernet connection, rendering all smart-TV functions useless. The ethernet connection wizard on my TV pings the network just fine, and the wizard progresses all the way though completion, but thereafter the degraded signal renders that functionality useless. I have to now connect the ethernet directly to the TV. Not that I was really expecting power surges to happen through that cable - but it's not impossible. Due to this shortcoming, this unit only gets four out of 5 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tripp Lite 810NET Works Great!, June 10, 2010
AJ (Maryland) - See all my reviews
I've owned 3 of these units -Tripp Lite 810NET surge protector - for several years now. A few weeks ago, an errant electrical surge came into our house. The Tripp Lite connected to my printer, modem, phone, and router -the only unit turned on at the time - caught the surge. Although the surge protector was fried all of the equipment connected to it was saved. Happy that the unit had done its job, I called Tripp Lite to see if this was, by chance, covered under the warranty. After asking a few basic questions and taking down my contact info, the Tripp Lite rep told me that a free replacement unit would be delivered in 7-10 days at no charge. True to his word, a unit arrived within a week. I couldn't be happier - the unit did the job as advertised, saved my equipment, and the warranty claim was honored with no fuss or problem whatsoever. I definitely recommend buying this product. It's a pleasure to do business with a company who stands behind its products and honors its promises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, well-built, rugged..., January 24, 2010
Royalblues (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This surge protector has enough outlets for all my home theater gadgets i.e. 58' plasma, DVR, Blu-Ray, AV receiver, VCR( yes, I'm keeping it, just in case) and a powered sub. I still have 2 extra outlets to spare. It's built solid yet so compact it fits nicely behind my TV stand. You can buy more powerful surge protector or power management systems, but I think it's overkill. $250,000 lifetime insurance protection is more than plenty for my peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Surge Protector with All the Right Features, June 10, 2012
Todd "Todd" (Gaithersburg, MD) - See all my reviews
I learned a hard lesson recently. A power transformer, well, blew up accross the street from my house. The surge took out two tvs, two surge protectors, a cable box and one Roku box. The Belkin surge protector failed to stop the surge. Everything that was turned on and plugged into that surge protector got fried. A UPC surge protector did stop the surge. This surge protector is now trash though.

After I recovered from the shock of having to spend well over $1,000 to replace my equipment, I decided to do some research. One of the many things I learned is that surge protectors wear out over time and need to be replaced. Needless to say... I'm on a mission to replace every surge protector in my house and a few at work too!

This is the surge protector I've settled on for my tvs. The reasons are:
1. There are two lights. One tells if the outlet is properly grounded. The other tells if the surge protector is operating properly. If either light goes out, I know it will be time to replace it - BEFORE another electrical surge takes out another $1,000+ worth of my electronics!!
2. It has protection for surges that could come through coax (cable tv).
3. The standard stuff - plenty of outlets, long enough cord, right angle plug, etc.
4. It also has RJ45 network jacks. So, I'll likely buy one for my office computer. RJ11 jacks too (phone/fax line) - though this did not matter to me.
5. It has a 3,240 joule rating. The more joules... The greater the protection!
6. It includes everthing you need - like extra cables. You can plug your existing cable or network jack into the surge protector and use the extras provided to go from the surge protector to your piece of equipment without having to buy anything else.
7. Based on my research, I feel comfortable this surge protector will provide a reasonable amount of protection for my electronic equipment.

I hope sharing this keeps you from learning the same lesson I had to learn. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surge protectors - Tripp Lite vs Belkin, January 21, 2014
Five days before Christmas, central Michigan experienced widespread power outages because of an ice storm. We were off the grid for 5 days. On Christmas day, they brought us back up. As things came up, we experienced a power surge, which took out three surge protectors in my home. Two were Tripp Lites and the other was a Belkin. The units were all at least 7 years old (or more).

At first, I didn’t notice that the Belkin was out because it was used on my spare computer in the office downstairs. I immediately noticed (and smelled) the Tripp Lites. They gave their life to save my valuable electronics. I was happy. In researching replacements, I realized that these units were under lifetime warranty. I contacted Tripp lite and promptly received replacement items. No receipt was needed, since it was under lifetime warranty. Again, I am happy.

2 weeks later, I head to the basement and notice that my computer is out. Again, the smell of burned electronics was in the air. The Belkin Surge protector, that is connected to computer, printer and 5.1 computer speaker system, was completely out. I plugged everything back into another unit and noticed that the speaker system was no longer working. The computer and printer were fine. Again, Belkin “claimed” a lifetime warranty and electronics protection. This evening, I contacted them (the call was routed to somewhere in south Asia) and was left on and off hold for over an hour, as they attempted to process my lifetime warranty claim, for a replacement unit. When the rep answered first answered the phone, I explained that I have owned the unit for more than 7 years and I do not have a receipt. However, I know that the unit was under lifetime warranty. She took my information and transferred me to customer service. I waited on the phone for about 30 min before the agent picked up. After placing me on hold 3 other times, he came back and asked me for a copy of my receipt. I explained that I had owned this unit for 7-10 years and no longer had a receipt. He told me that he couldn’t help me. I explained that Tripp Lite honored their lifetime warranty, but you are not? Also, Tripp lite protected my electronics, while Belkin didn’t protect my $100+ 5.1 speaker system. He apologized and told me that there was nothing he could do to further process my claim, if I did not have a receipt. He couldn’t even replace the surge protector, even though it was under lifetime warranty.

I immediately felt compelled to write this review, minutes after getting off the telephone call. From here on out, I will steer clear of Belkin products. I plan on sticking with Tripp Lite products instead. Also, I will post this review on this and other forums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable modem/computer surge protection, November 9, 2006
W. Deppe (Douglassville, PA) - See all my reviews
After being zapped twice during electric storms and loosing the cable modem and the computer input port, the Tripp Lite Surge Portector (TLP810NET) has given the required protection and has functioned just great.