5.0 out of 5 stars Jack LaLanne Juicer
Published on March 27, 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well and has serious issues too needing addressing.
You heard the good points now for the Slightly Bad. Out of the box, I found more parts than accounted for in the Manual - such as no instruction how to use a platform (the juicer rests on it), nor how to use the cup holder. Finally figured how to use them. As others said, it WORKS WELL WITH EXCEPTIONS.
HARD items like beets, or STRINGY items like ginger = NO GO...
Published on January 18, 2005 by Amerit

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack LaLanne Juicer, March 27, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Tristar Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Machine [Kitchen] (Kitchen)
I recently saw a review here on this juicer and had decided to shop some more. The reviewer had nothing positive to say about the juicer. After much shopping, I DID buy this juicer and am very happy I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is an excellent juicer. It is VERY easy to clean, unlike a previous review stated. All the accessories came with the juicer. You can even buy additional accessory packages for a very reasonable price.It can be put together in seconds. It takes 2 minutes to clean, yes even the filter. It came with a brush and I also have a toothbrush I bought for the same purpose. I recommend this juicer to everyone. The pulp is very dry, therefore you are getting every bit of juice! It will not work if you have not assembled it properly. It is safe, easy to clean and VERY QUIET, I was surprised by that!I was able to get 2 recipe books with it also. I do my own receipes, basically any fruit I can get in season. It is a excellent product, and durable!You will not be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real deal juicer..., November 10, 2004
I am a first time juicer, i recently bought the Jack LaLanne Juicer. It is so wonderful, it is so easy to use. Cleaning is a snap, taking apart and back together is simple. This juicer does what it promises. the booklets that are included, have yummy recipes. I highly recommend this product.

And on a futher note, i would like to add. When you buy Jack LaLanne Deluxe Juicer, you should consider "The Juicing Bible", by Pat Crocker and Susan Eagles. It is the perfect book for beginners and for those u want to experiment. With the excellent juicer and helpful book, u cant go wrong, JUST HEALTHY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good juicer, August 17, 2004
I really like this juicer. It is very easy to use, and the pulp is reusable. The only thing I haven't liked is how difficult it is to find replacement parts. I have misplaced my blade, and haven't been able to find a place that sells replacement blades. The screen is a little hard to clean, but it isn't too big a problem. The screen brush really helps. It is a very sturdy machine, and the juice it makes is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST THE BEST THING I'VE DONE FOR MY FAMILY!, July 7, 2004
I had other Juicer before, Jack's out performs it by a mile! It's sturdy, Powerful and wonderfully quiet! It's a rare thing to get exactly what you've hoped for, but rarer to get even better than you bargained for. So many times I've purchased so called quality items and felt had. But this juicer is true quality and My very picky 13 year old daughter Loved the green wheatgrass and broccoli juice, I simply added red grapes and quartered lemon.. Buy this machine if you are looking for a great product to own and want to benefit your health! Easy Clean up, exactly as they said it would be!! Jack Lalanne can truly be proud to stand behind this Juicer! Good for him and us..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Juicer, April 13, 2004
Zaki (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I have had this juicer for about 5 months now. We use it almost every other day. Make sure you put a bag in the collector unit, it speeds up cleanup.
Pros: Excellent quality/extraction, fast, quiet. Easy to assemble and use.
Cons: Cleanup take a bit of time but not too long. Being that the colour is white, after extracting carrots parts turn orange.
Tough to remove the strainer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well and has serious issues too needing addressing., January 18, 2005
HARD items like beets, or STRINGY items like ginger = NO GO. Beets brought the juicer to a grinding halt with the smell of METAL BURNING inside. Ginger clogged the blade with its stringy fiber. PULP CLOGS from semihard veggies like roma tomatoes, and any fruit with softness will not work.
MACHINE SPITTING of bits from the input chute and the output hood. BE WARY of just dropping hard chunks like small round radishes into the chute - they may SHOOT OUT back at you the top like bullets - I learned to wear plastic lenses after this happened! The output hood littered my countertop with a SPRAY OF PULP bits from carrots, etc. that somehow get regularly spit out the backside, even with a plastic bag inside, as recommended in a telemercial. Speaking of carrots and other dye-like fruits - my countertop was stained. Speaking of stains, the JUICER PLASTIC PARTS STAIN INSTANTLY, so now the juice spout and the insides are no longer white after just 3 occasions of use.
SEVERAL OTHER ISSUES, which you can read at leisure in the SF chatroom in craigslist dot org. As well as many SOLUTIONS! Trust me YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS! Read the solutions. Including putting a wide plastic sheet under the equipment to control spray and staining, a plastic bag over the shute to stop food bullets, and a plastic cover over the hood to end spits. Solutions to stop the staining, quick clean the blade, load the shute (because so wide this needs special care), prep, cleaning, drying, etc etc. All for the purpose of a less aggravated juicing disasters and a more happy juicing experience. ADDENDUM: Had to order replacement parts within first month of use - took TWO MONTHS TO GET ORDER FILLED, and then not all the parts were in the box; however they did add an extra blade that did not fit this juicer...!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but the screen is hard to clean..., August 4, 2004
...the screen is the only thing I would like to see changed on this machine. It is built well, it is quiet, it is fast. Disassembly and reassembly is fast and easy, but that screen almost always has to be put in the dishwasher to get it clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great juicer, January 19, 2006
D. Geiser "donna1960" (South Haven, Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This product is great! As for the platform that it sits on and the overflow, it doesn't have a description in the box, but it does have a picture. When loading very hard vegetables such as beets, cut them into quarters first, use common sense, if it stops the motor, unplug it and take it apart and get the chunk out that won't go through, it's doesn't have a jet engine. If you hold the pusher close to the shute while you put in the vegetables and fruits, and put it in right away, nothing has a chance to bounce back out. The Lalanne's were in their 80's when I saw them last, and very healthy. Try 2 golden delicious apples and 2 carrots, it makes one glass of delicious juice!! Use the pulp in meatloaf, or vegetable lasagne when you make vegetable juice. It is one way to get your vitamins without swallowing a pill that you don't even know if it is absorbed into your system or not. It is not that difficult to clean, it just takes a few extra minutes. I love it, I hope I am as healthy as the Lalanne's when I am 85!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, April 15, 2006
All things can be improved and I'm sure this machine is no exception. However, we have settled into a happy routine of fresh juice every morning for over a month now and are very satisfied with the way this machine functions. I bought this juicer second-hand without instruction booklet. I am not too bright at working out such things (my coffee maker experience springs immediately to mind) but I managed after a bit of trial and error and common sense to work it out and it is great. I have never had fruit flying out of it or stained counters etc. To be fair, beets and carrots will always go out of their way to stain your things whether you juice them or not. If you think you might struggle to work out what the base and cup holder is for and leave the pusher out, you may be safer buying your juice or hiring staff. I also hate the cleaning bit, but then again, I don't like cleaning my house either - necessary side effect. Once you have a regular routine of use and cleaning it is a very simple and happy experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ughhh!, August 16, 2011
I borrowed my aunt's 5 month old machine (which was barely used in that time).

Ok, I will give it this: It is quite good at juicing fruit! But the reason behind a juicer is to have the dual function of both fruit and veggie juicing-- take kale, for instance, which was basically chopped up and tossed directly out into its trash bin in slightly smaller pieces(maybe it was too dry, who knows!) .

When I tossed an orange in (which I cut up into 4 pieces before putting into the machine), it rattled and grated so loudly I thought there was a chain saw inside of it! The juice came out beautiful but the pulp on the back of the machine that stuck to the top of the back lid was making a huge mess. Even worse, the pulp was quite moist and I felt like I was wasting money by not getting at least 95% of the juice out of the produce I put into it. Produce is too expensive to waste like this!!! I know that I shouldnt have had THAT much "trash" in the bin for the 3 pieces of fruit I put into it!

The other bleh thing about this is the 6 pieces to clean and dry afterward, plus the counter, and the floor. And it's huge, and kinda heavy. Do NOT spend money on this unless you want strictly a fruit juicer and don't mind having to spend a lot of water cleaning up all these parts, and don't mind the chainsaw noise! I am going to purchase my own, better juicer (like omega, or breville) and while I wait on that item, I will definitley rather go back to my old ways, of blending then draining my own juice with sprouting bags (because believe it or not, the clean up is LESS time and effort! )

Good riddance, machine!