Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Titan Peeler TTPLR Slicer & Peeler
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 12, 2010
As with most I have been duped by "As Seen on TV" items. I saw an infomercial for the Titan Peeler and immediately went to check the reviews. I saw mixed reviews most places I looked and ultimately decided NOT to purchase one. I must have left a window open or clicked the wrong key because somehow I managed to purchase two off the actual Titan Peeler website. Rather than cancel I figured I might as well try them.
The arrived today and I can't see why anyone wouldn't give them at least three stars. The only reason I didn't give them 5 was because I haven't had it that long (though I tried peeling quite a few veggies) and while it doesn't look like it will break or that the blades will dull, I can't speak to that. This is hands down the easiest/best vegetable peeler I've ever tried. I'm no gourmet chef, but I do know my way around the kitchen and have had plenty of terrible vegetable peelers. When I looked back a lot of the reviews on this peeler were poor because people cut themselves with it. I thought that maybe it was awkward to use and would slip of the vegetable but that is simply not the case. That would be like giving a knife a poor review because it was sharp and cut you when you ran your hand across the blade. Yes, I imagine this peeler would do a number on your skin if you tried to peel it. Might not be best suited for younger chefs, but I would say it's a must have for the adult kitchen. I don't know that I will have a need for the julienne peeler, but it works as advertised as well. I didn't try it on cheese, but that's simply because I have a cheese slicer for that and I like thick slices of cheese. This cuts things potato chip thin. The "mandolin" attachment shouldn't push you over the edge as to whether or not to buy this item either. Its a cheap plastic 6"x2" board. It is functional but is only as wide as the peeler. So anything wider than about 2" isn't going to be completely cut through. Better off getting a real mandolin or just using a knife.
Buy with confidence, as this peeler is well worth the price tag!
77 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2009
This peeler is effin amazing. Effortless! It shaves off ONLY the peel so youre left with more flesh. Just watch your fingers! The peelers are so sharp that if you're not careful you can take off some skin.
on January 25, 2010
I got this after seeing the commercial on TV. I used it for less then a month to julieene carrots for my rabbits and after some light use the julienne blade broke off and its useless now. Looks like the julienne blade is attached to bare metal and with force it'll just come off. The blade doesn't fit into slots to hold it in place , its just attached to bare metal . Cheap in my opioion. Titan peeler has a lifetime warranty but its for the blade only. Theres nothing wrong with the blade, it just broke off, so will Titan peeler send me the whole blade assembly or just the blade. Beware !!!!

The Julienne cutter worked fine when the blade was attached, it made very nice julienned carrots which my rabbits loved and I planned on using the julienned carrots in some of my Chinese recipes.
77 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2009
I've read the 1-star review and I have to believe that being left handed is this reviewers issue. Really. This peeler is so fast and thorough I've bought 5 of them for friends.

What makes the Titan Peeler work well is that the blades are super sharp so it requires barely any effort. In fact I would suggest this peeler over an OXO any day.

I will admit I was a skeptical after seeing the ad, but found a report on Google that convinced me it was as good as it said. Bottom line: This summer, I'm the first to offer to make the potato salad.
TITAN PEELER REPORT-Review & Best Prices for TitanPeeler (Same as free report at [...])
(-__-) At the start I was skeptical about the Titan Peeler but intrigued to maybe getting myself one. When the vegetable peeler I had made me drop a potato into the trash three times cuz it did nothing but slip and slide over the Potato I began to think maybe I should give this Titan Peeler a chance. I purchased one online and got the BOGO *Buy One Get One* Offer. I read many different reviews online and many complained about getting over charged, etc. They clearly didn't read before they clicked bcuz when you order it asks if you wanna upgrade to a Professional Grade that has a heavier handle and other upgrades but it'll cost you an extra $9.99 ... you'll see a YES or NO button to click at the bottom the NO is a little faded to make you click YES but if you're reading carefully you'll see it and won't be hit with the extra charges. I got my Titan Peelers yesterday and immediately tested it out. I first peeled a carrot and it slid right through like a hot knife through butter, then I tried peeling a tomato and it neatly peeled the skin off *Nothing more ... Nothing less*, and then after I felt carrot and tomato are still soft vegetables. I picked up the Kabocha *Japanese pumpkin* outta the fridge and gave that a go. At first the thick skin of the pumpkin was a bit hard to peel but with a bit more elbow grease it peeled it right away and did it in less time than what my old junk peeler would of done. Then I tested out the Julienne peeler and it made beautiful strips outta my carrot. Excellent for using in a Coleslaw or Carrot cake. Afterward I tested out the Mandolin piece with an apple and it sliced up my apples paper thin. It's be great in a Apple Tart. Overall I was totally amazed at how well the Peelers performed and Happy that it was a false advertisement. I'm giving my Mom the 2nd one and know she'll be just as amazed as I am when she tries it out. But I do caution that bcuz the blades on the Titan peelers incredibly sharp I wouldn't let kids peel their own veggies and be extra careful when using the mandolin piece. If it can easily peel the skin off a tomato just imagine what it can do to your own skin. OUCH ! As it advises you in the Instruction sheet ... SPEEDING CAUSES ACCIDENTAL INJURY ! I'd probably order more of these in the future as gifts.
on May 21, 2011
I received this as a Christmas gift from my mother for peeling potatoes. Before getting this peeler, I rarely made homemade mashed potatoes and potato salad because I had a very difficult time peeling potatoes due to the spasticity in my hands caused by Multiple Sclerosis.

As other reviewers have mentioned, this peeler is VERY sharp. I nicked my fingers a few times until I came up with a little trick when using it to peel potatoes (A variation of this trick may work with some other veggies too, but I have only used this peeler on potatoes).

My trick- Cut both ends off of the potato. Place one end of the potato on your cutting board and jab a fork in the end that is sticking up (make sure you jab it in there pretty good so the fork doesn't fall out of the potato). Then hold the fork and peel away. I know this can be a bit more time consuming, but it helps prevent cuts (plus it helps if you are like me and have a hard time holding onto things). It may work for you without having to cut the ends of the potato off, but I found that if I didn't, the fork kept falling out.
on December 14, 2013
I will never buy a different type of peeler after trying this! It is so easy to peel both directions smoothly and quickly. Great product. I've had mine for a few years now and it works like it is brand new!
on January 20, 2014
This item is a cheap knockoff. Everything feels very cheap. The I team took 2.5 weeks to ship because it was from China. Let me put it this way. If you never used the real item then u won't know the difference but if you did use the real item then once u touch it u will understand. Otherwise you get what you pay for.
on April 14, 2016
Bought my peelers at a Home & Garden Show after watching a powerful demonstration. I couldn't wait to try out the peeler(s)! From day one, my peeler (the one that juliennes the veggies) has never worked. The blade constantly comes off while trying to use it. This is such a danger as the blades are extremely sharp. My joy has turned to frustration. Yet, I keep trying to use it every once in a while. Now, on fourth attempt, it's going to the recycle because I refuse to pay shipping charges to and from to get a new one on their "guaranteed 10 year warranty" ! I could simply buy a new one for the same price. Don't waste time on this dangerous gadget!
on May 19, 2016
These work as advertised. I like the one that shreds. I use it to make "noodles" out of sweet potatoes and in my opinion works better for that than my spiralizer that i use to make zucchini noodles. Peeler works like any other peeler.