Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Customer Discussions > Enigma forum

!!! Trojan Virus Found in Enigma CD "Seven Lives Many Faces" (2008) !!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2008 10:02:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2009 8:00:23 PM PST
Wet Mars says:
Bought ENIGMA "Seven Lives Many Faces" (2008) CD in Walmart on Nov. 10, 2008. On Nov. 11, 2008 placed the CD into my computer and got an AVG Anti-Virus program warning that it found a Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic8.BGR in the CD's EnigmaStarter.exe. I'm having difficulty playing this CD and my computer antivirus software is detecting this virus as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2008 8:34:27 AM PST
I bought the 2 disk version and disc one had the virus also.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2008 8:42:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2009 8:19:46 PM PST
Wet Mars says:
I contacted EMI Capitol Records, they returned my call at some point and then I haven't heard from them anymore. They could at least send me a new virus-free CD and take the infected one back... I guess they don't care.

UPDATE:

I uninstalled AVG and installed AVAST. Then I put the infamous "Enigma" CD into my CD drive and here's what I got:

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu152/foutoubaket/enigma_starter2.jpg

Also as soon as "Enigma" CD was in, my PC got frozen, and the open browser buttons on the footer started going crazy in orange. After I removed the infamous CD from the CD drive it released the freeze and I also noticed that once the CD was in the PC's CPU usage went stable near 100%.

Now I tried the CD again and it won't play, but it does this:

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu152/foutoubaket/enigma_starter4.jpg

I have everything documented on a CD and on paper.

EMI Capitol Records has not addressed (ignored) this issue.

Posted on Nov 15, 2009 7:38:04 PM PST
I just bought the Enigma CD, Seven Lives Many Faces, and not only will it not play on the computer, I get a whole bunch of warnings about Trojans so I ejected the CD quickly. It plays okay on my regular DVD player, but doesn't sound that great. I had wanted to rip the CD onto my Zune, but now I won't be able to. Any suggestions? This is rediculas!

Posted on Nov 15, 2009 8:06:49 PM PST
Wet Mars says:
Sheri, bring it back to the store and tell them it's got a virus in it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Enigma forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Enigma
Enigma by Robert Harris (Hardcover - 1995)
4.2 out of 5 stars (173)