5.0 out of 5 stars SPOONS = AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT
Published on October 3, 2010 by J. R. Simkins

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product, just use real kitchen spoons
Published on February 23, 2012 by tj

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product, just use real kitchen spoons, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
I am teaching all of my children to play something as part of their musical education. I let each kid choose what they want to learn to play. I was getting these for my 12yr old daughter who wanted to learn to play spoons. Bad idea. We ended up not using them because they are so bad. These things are VERY cheaply made. The metal is very thin & weak and bends way too easily. They also sound tinny, weak and pathetic. If you are looking for a kid's toy, these might be fun for a toddler or something, but probably not.

After seeing how bad these are, I searched Youtube for "Spoons" and found some great tutorials on how to use regular old kitchen spoons. Regular kitchen spoons are solidly made, sound great, are very easy to hold, easy to learn to play and cost nothing. If you don't want to beat up your good stuff, go to the store and buy 2 spoons for $1. The difference in sound is very noticable. These Trophy things sound horrible, are hard to play, and really aren't worth buying. We have found that playing real spoons is enjoyable for kids/adults of any age. Trying to play these is not fun at all, and can be downright frustrating trying to get them to work like real spoons, they just don't compare.

The point is, if you want to use these as a rhythm instrument, or for elementary education, and not just as a toy, don't use these. Put in the extra 2minutes for a youtube search and see the difference real spoons make and then just use those.

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, January 30, 2011
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
These spoons are a little light and "chinsey" but it does the job. I can play a few rhythms on the hitting my hand and then against my leg for another sound. I am sure there is better quality out there somewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fun as I had hoped., December 2, 2009
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
Not sure what I expected but the sound is not as pleasing as I had hoped....and I was hoping my kids would have fun with them but they're too hard to use for my 4 year old. Bet they are better for older kids. They're fine, just not a favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars SPOONS = AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT, October 3, 2010
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
Spoon playing has been around for generations. Here is a fun product, reasonably priced,and fun to play. I highly recommend them. They did require a slight adjustment to get the spoons proper distance apart. Once that was done, away we go. Yes, I will purchase them again. The ones I purchased went to my Granddaughter when she wsaw me playing them. What a delight. She is now quite accomplished.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't make much noise, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
Really, these spoons make a faint tapping sound. I could make more percussive noise just snapping my fingers. Better to use two spoons, the old-fashioned way.

2.0 out of 5 stars not balanced correctly, November 18, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Don't bother if you wants these spoons to actually play music. They aren't balanced correctly and don't make the right sound.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, October 23, 2013
Bonny K. (Ky West, Fla.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
Don't purchase this, it has no sound, barely moves. CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!... I am going to have to look for spoons that are better made. These are such a disappointment!!! DO NOT BUY!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, June 7, 2011
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
I keep it in my car, it's fun but if you want a better sound just use the ones from the kitchen! this product by having the handle wont hurt your fingers but the metal part is easy to bend. that's why...i only use it in my car ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars i am now a musician, April 19, 2011
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
this is the only musical instrument i can play. Its great i am so happy! i tried hold 2 spoons and that did not work for me. The spoons just did not line up properly. This makes it easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music makers, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons (Electronics)
A collection for my grandsons instruments we use these in our family group and he loves playing them very happy with the timeliness of the order

Trophy 3470 Musical Spoons