5.0 out of 5 stars I love trouble!
This was my first Ann Christopher book and she has definitely made her way on to my favorite author list!

Published on August 22, 2006 by R. R. Hernandez

3.0 out of 5 stars It ok
I usually love Ann's books, but this one was just Ok for me. It seemed like it dragged on a bit, I was constantly waiting for a climax, and I don't know if it ever really came. Don't get me wrong. I guess since reading so many of her later works that were fantastic I was expecting more.
Published on January 25, 2011 by kslmbuggie

5.0 out of 5 stars I love trouble!, August 22, 2006
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)

A first year law student, 23-year-old Dara Williams, didn't know what hit her when the fine and sensually magnetic, Mike Baldwin stared at her from across the room. Unfortunately, her first experience with men left her leery and untrusting at best, but her unexplainable and SERIOUS attraction to Mike kept her frenzied.

When he first spoke to her, Mike Baldwin had no idea that Dara Williams was the woman his brother Sean, was crazy about. After that disheartening revelation, he tries to fight off the attraction and vows (kind of, sort of, maybe) not to pursue her. But when she shows up at his law firm for her internship, his fight becomes futile and their powerful attraction becomes intense.

This book was wonderful! Although, it was a bit long, "Trouble" was worth every minute of reading. The love scenes were awesome and powerful! Have mercy! I had to reread them at least four times, fanning myself each time.

I loved the character development. At times, I wanted to strangle Sean's spoiled neck, slap Dara a few times for "just not getting it" and tell Mike to "come get me" if Dara couldn't get it together. Jamal, Mike's 17-year old employee was so cute and at times had more sense than the adult Sean.

The previous reviewers were on the money! Ms. Christopher, I'm looking forward to your next work of art. Great, great book (and cover)!

4.0 out of 5 stars (RAW Rating: 3.5) - Finally!, August 9, 2006
The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers (RAWSISTAZ.com and BlackBookReviews.net) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)
Dara Williams is a first year law student who has vowed to put her schooling first and her relationships on the backburner. Having been hurt by the love bug before, Dara is unwilling to go through that kind of pain again. She is determined to have her career without the distractions of a relationship. However, Sean Baldwin is determined to change their friendship into a romantic relationship.

Michael Baldwin, Sean's brother, is a successful attorney who is making a name for himself as a much sought after criminal defense attorney. When he lays eyes on Dara he knows his life is forever changed. Only problem is his brother is in love with her. When Dara is assigned an internship with Michael's firm, the sparks begin to fly. The couple is like oil and water, never seeming to mix. However, the more they work together the more they realize they share more than just a working relationship. Dara and Michael have one too many obstacles to cross in order to even consider a relationship without hurting each other or people they care about.

TROUBLE is a sultry romance where the couple has an immediate sexual connection, but readers realize Dara and Michael becoming more than fighting mavericks is a complex issue. They seem to tease each other and fight the attraction for so long you wonder if they will ever get together. However, the drama propelled the storyline. Christopher made the characters believable because I felt Dara's first year law school torture, because I suffered the same fate. There were several subplots including the situation with Sean, which wasn't completely resolved in my opinion. Other than that small issue, this is a hot romance where Christopher really used the senses to bring the sensual tension and romance of the couple together.

Reviewed by Cashana Seals

of The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well written!, July 19, 2006
April (Detroit, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)
Kudos to Ann Christopher! This was one of the best RN's I've read in quite some time. Scene, character, and definitely romance development was on point! I'll be running to the book store upon her next release; its only two authors I'll run to the bookstore for: Beverly Jenkins and Brenda Jackson. I'll be adding Ann Christopher to the list. Congrats and keep up the great writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars nluuv with Mike and Dara!, February 6, 2009
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)
I don't know where to begin, except to just begin. The start of the novel threw me at first. I'm the biggest fan of pulling up to the edge of my seat for great take-offs... but with this one, Trouble sort of had me troubled getting through page one. But I kept going back to this one, opening it, closing it, looking at the soft cover, telling myself (after having read about Ms. Christopher), that this just had to be good.

Eventually I finally grabbed the book, opened it to page 52... and up to the edge of my seat I went!!!

Dara I sometimes really did want to shake a few times, but then I'd have to step back in time and shake myself (quite) a few times too. As such, Dara became real-life for me. And Mike, OMG!, somebody Please---just close the door! (This you may not want to see;-) Jamal, I found charming too. I mean, could any character have been developed more in tune with a story where that Sean had no place being!?! Well, he did, Sean that is, as it was the lynch-pin that made the story compelling, in as much as that Mark did. Even so, I initially hoped for real sparks igniting between Jamal and Dara, but then by the end was satisfied with him staying in character making this one such the romantic charm.

So real. So down-to-earth. Full of charisma and the sex right where it needed to be, just when it needed to be---Hitting that Spot! Sophisticated, Intelligent, HOT, and Compelling, all the characteristics I told myself Ms. Christopher's book would be when I bought it. She's a name I definitely will purchase again. ...Road to Seduction...here I come!

5.0 out of 5 stars There's nothing troubling about this novel by Ann Christopher., April 15, 2006
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)
It has everything, it's fast paced, emotional and hot as fire! I couldn't stop reading! I needed to know what happened, not only to the hero and heroine but also to the supporting characters as well!

The hero (Fans self!) is possibly every woman's dream, I know he's mine! Think a cross between Morris Chestnut and George Clooney! Wheeeeew! If there is one book you HAVE to read this year, Trouble is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trouble Don't Last Always, June 6, 2007
ASmoothJazzReader (Little Rock, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)
The Baldwin Brothers, Sean and Michael have a thing for Dara Williams, herein is what must be the trouble.

Thirty-four year old Michael, a successful lawyer tries to keep his desires for Dara under control in order to maintain a relationship with his brother, to please his mother. Sean who appears to not take anything seriously spends most of his time avoiding classes and chasing Dara.

Dara does her internship at Michael's law firm and the tension, both emotional and sexual, keep Dara and Michael on edge. Both have past problems to deal with as well as worry about what Sean will do or think when he finds out about their attraction for each other. You begin to wonder when "it's" going to happen; however, Ms Christopher makes sure that it does.

This was an enjoyable read, Ann Christopher has become one of my favorite authors and I plan to read whatever she writes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Trouble, May 23, 2009
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved this book. I ran across it purely by accident. I've never read this author, but she did a fantastic job with this book. I couldn't put it down. Other than not giving closure to Sean's character, this book was fantastic. The drama, tension and chemistry between Mike and Dara made this a very good & quick read, I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. The intensity of Mike's love for Dara was so strong certain parts gave me chills. Loved Jamal's character, that boy was wise beyond his years. This is a must read for die-hard romance fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars loco, December 5, 2007
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)
This book drove me crazy! the suspense was over kill,the problems mike and dara had were overwhelming and to frequent,just when u thought they would put thier problmes aside and work things out here comes something eles! Dara is STUPID for being so resistant and blind!.I gave this book five stars because i finshed it,and the only reason i did is because this book was addicting as maddening as it was,it keeps u reading for longer than u plan on if u set a time limt.For a book so fustrating it was good!
i recommened this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ms. Pollock, September 10, 2010
This review is from: Trouble (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was AWESOME!!! I've read several of Ann Christopher's books and she always delivers a dynamic storyline in addition to spunky characters. I purchased this book on kindle for my iphone and was disappointed to say that the ending was not what I thought it was going to be. If you purchase this book do not purchase on kindle because I think the epiloge and or last chapter is missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story, July 21, 2013
This review is from: Trouble (Kindle Edition)
This book was very well written and very entertaining. I enjoyed reading the book and I would recommend this book.

Trouble
Trouble by Ann Christopher (Mass Market Paperback - July 1, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.01