5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use.
I am very satisfied with this mower. It is the first Troy-Bilt mower I have owned. The Briggs and Stratton engine almost always starts on the first or second pull.
I love the variable speed drive system that allows me to easily change speed when encountering very heavy grass.
Published on June 15, 2012 by mbna

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best lawn mower I've ever owned.
I have to say this is one of the worst lawn mowers I think I have ever owned. I wasn't expecting it to be like the riding lawn mower it replaced or a Honda self-propelled I had before that but a few key problems with it after not even 1 year of service.

The deck is uneven in it's mowing now. It is clearly something with the one setting arm that changes the...
Published 14 months ago by Jeremy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use., June 15, 2012
This review is from: Troy-Bilt TB350XP 12AKD39B066 Deluxe Self Propelled Mower (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, September 3, 2012
hrngffcr (Tyler, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I did a lot of research on this. I didn't want to end up with a lawnmower that was just OK and made me wish I had something else. I had to buy this lawnmower without any hands on experience because no one in town had it (thank goodness for internet shopping to broaden our product selection). As big and heavy as this is, I was surprised and pleased that Amazon shipped it for free. After several uses of this lawnmower, I believe I made a good choice with this purchase. We actually have a small yard for a self-propelled, but our lawn is so thick that it was a huge chore to push a regular lawnmower through it. This lawnmower has made the long runs down the side yard a joy rather than an endurance contest.

One of the impressive features of the mower is that is started the first time, and I mean the FIRST time, straight out of the box. It continues to start on the first pull which doesn't even have to be that hard a pull. That's very nice. The ability to change the height with just one lever is also very convenient. There are dual throttle hand levers. They are comfortable to use and don't require a lot of pressure to keep them engaged. There are four speeds. I haven't been able to detect a huge difference between the highest and lowest. I use the former in tight areas (although you can just push the mower short distances in small areas), and the latter on the long side yard runs. The mower cuts smoothly and evenly.

The only con, and it is fairly small, is the grass catcher. It has a very wide mouth, which means when you take the catcher off a lot of grass can stay on and in the mower at the rear opening. You have to scoop up grass into the bag when you take the bag off to empty it. The advantage is that the grass dumps out quickly and easily into the trash bag.

My wife has used the mower several times also and she has found using it so much easier and faster than our last mower that she advised me the other day that she was ready to have a bigger yard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Great!, October 25, 2012
B. Chesterson (West Central indiana) - See all my reviews
Researched a lot of mowers before purchasing this one. Didn't want to get stuck with something I didn't like! Took a leap and ordered it, to my surprise it arrived in only three days even with the free shipping option. Took five minutes to set up out of the box, filled with the provided oil, added some gas, and gave the string a tug. Fired off on the first pull of the rope! Couldn't believe it!
Then charged into very tall and thick grass with the mulching set-up! Never bogged down even at full speed! Once done, I could not find any clumped grass or piles of clippings anywhere...all mulched up and gone!!

Very very pleased! Seems like it's constructed well and will last for the long haul...we'll see! So far so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mower, August 15, 2012
The lawnmower is a great product. My yard looks great. It was easy to assemble, and Im a middle-aged female.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maureen, August 21, 2012
My husband loves this mower. It works beautiful and starts quickly. We had other mowers but this is the best by far. I would give this mower 5 stars . It was delivered as promised. I never have a problem with orders from amazon. I trust them and I do a lot of ordering from them

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, October 19, 2012
This is my second Troy-Bilt. This mower is the best mulcher I have ever used. Even if the grass is high, it leaves no droppings. Assembly was easy and after adding gas and oil, it started on the first pull. If you are looking for an inexpensive, quality lawn mower this is a very good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent So Far, September 15, 2012
Unit came next day after I ordered it, easy to unpack and put together. Added gas, oil unit started on second pull. Used mulching option to cut front and back lawn. Worked like a charm. So far no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Troy-Bilt TB350XP, October 9, 2012
The mower offers everything that I wanted.Self -Propelled. Side and rear discharge. Mulching capable. I unpacked it from the box, adjusted the handle, put in oil, gas and gave it a pull. To my amazement, the Briggs and Stratton workhorse fired up on the very first pull. The safety features, ease of cutting height, and again ease of starting make this a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome mower, November 24, 2012
Even though the motor was smaller than some of the other units I was looking at the it cuts well plows through thick grass with ease. Moves at good pace and I love the RWD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mower except bagging get clogged early, November 20, 2012
The Mower works great except that grass clippings clog the bag early and before it is full. I just now have to stop half way and push the clippings back into the bag. Somewhat a pain but not too big a deal.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›