Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Tru Calling: Season 1” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 72% off the $59.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Tru Calling: Season 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Episodic highlights include "Valentine," which pits Tru against a serial killer; "Closure," in which a young war hero attempts to reunite with his girlfriend after his death; "Murder in the Morgue," which revolves around the killing of a bride on her wedding day; and "Daddy's Girl," which reveals some disturbing news regarding Tru's past and introduces Jason Priestley as the sinister-seeming Jack Harper, a man with powers similar to hers, but with very different intentions regarding the recently deceased. The six-disc set includes all 20 episodes of the first season (including the two-part finale), several featuring commentary by Dushku, Reaves, and the producers; deleted scenes, an Easter Egg featuring Zach Galifianakis' audition (accessible from the featurette "Finding The Calling: The Pilot"), and a music video for Full Blown Rose's theme song, "Can Somebody Help Me," round out the extras. --Paul Gaita
- 20 episodes on six discs
- Selected episode commentary
- Deleted scenes with optional commentary by creator/executive producer Jon Harmon Feldman
- Featurettes: Finding the Calling: The Pilot, The Tru Path: Season One, Evil Comes Calling: A Late Season Twist
- Full Blown Rose music video: Somebody Help Me
Top Customer Reviews
My wife and I are very glad that we hung with this cult hit show. It may not have grabbed the biggest audience shares, but think about what shows it was competing with on Thursday nights last year. With "Friends" gone, "Survivor" just still being the same old same old, and the numbers for the apprentice dropping you now have the perfect excuse to give this show the chance it deserves. This is more than just a show for fans of "Buffy" and "Angel".
Year One of this show did what it needed to do. The first half of the season lets you explore a universe where it is possible for someone to go back one day and save someone's life. It helps you understand what makes Tru tick.
The second half of the season broadens that universe and shows that you may not have told about everything it has to offer and there are deeper mysteries to be explored. The last few episodes show that Tru Calling isn't just your typical good versus evil show. Tru Calling is about Tru struggling to understand her role in the world, discovering the truth about what has come before her, and assessing what means she must do to answer her "Calling".
Even if you don't get sucked in by the first few weeks please give this show a chance. If you have to, jump to the last 6 episodes (at least watch a few of the earlier episodes to get the flavor of the show and a feel for the characters).Read more ›
Commentary by cast and crew adds the extra dimension to this set, as well as many special features that really take the time to draw you into the world of Tru Calling.
Many buy dvd sets simply for the extras, and TC does not fail to please in that department.
However, (isn't there always a however?), Tru Calling has only been able to film 6 of it's contracted 13 episodes for season 2 (Fox had cut the contract for episodes in half). Fox has called for Tru Calling's set to 'fold and hold' (ie. put in storage, of which many TV shows never come out of) and at this point in time, a new show is set to air in Tru Calling's time slot and has not been scheduled for Fox to run in its January line up.
This is where the fans of this wonderful show need to step up to the plate and not let this become part of the wash as Fox cuts its way through more pilot shows. You can show your support of this show in one of a number of ways:
1. Visit [...] to find the address of Fox to formally acknowledge your wish for this show to remain on the air and to be picked up for a full season;
2. Visit the above website and request the WB pick up Tru Calling for a full second season (rumour has it there have been talks);
3. If all else fails, the sales of Tru Calling season 1 dvd will be an indication of whether or not the 6 episodes of season 2 will be packaged and sold on dvd - if there's enough sales, fans will at least see the 6 episodes made.
Those who have seen the ending (of which I'm not gonna spoil here) know this show can take off.. if only a network will give it the chance.
The concept behind the show is one that is both unique and interesting. While there have been shows where the main character helps people before, this was the first show that I have seen where a dead person gets a second chance at life by asking for help. Watching Tru relive a particular day to stop a person from dying with such little to go on, is really suspenseful. Each week, the show manages to supply a "race against the clock" type feel. The performances in this show are suprisingly good. Eliza is not only beautiful, but she is great in the role of Tru as well. Zach Galifianakis is superb as Tru's boss Davis.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Was good to view this great show again. One of my favorites!Published 3 months ago by John J. Cranmer
Great series; season finale is epic!! Don't judge it as a whole by the first few episodes, because the series started slow and dragged at the beginning. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Cassie
I am happy with this product. The outer case has wearing but not bad. The discs just needed a little cleaning other than that perfect.Published 22 months ago by Tierra Cook
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Fox TV > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General
- Movies & TV > TV