1,338 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylus that lasts
Published on June 11, 2012 by Brad Dad of BBB

1.0 out of 5 stars It took me awhile but here it is
I bought this product so I may use it in school. I religiously used this in every class and took multiple pages of notes on my ipad. It feels amazing to write with. Smooth, and very responsive. Which was amazing.

Published 8 months ago by Randy Pfohl

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylus that lasts, June 11, 2012
Ive used a number of different brands of styli over the last two years, and until the TruGlide I always liked the rubber tipped styli best. The problem is that I take a LOT of notes, and most brands would only last me 45 to 60 days before the tip starts to get loose or the rubber starts to melt onto my iPad. As a result, ive gotten into the habit of buying 2 or 3 styli at a time. The TruGlide has been different - after 90 days I'm still on the first of the 3 I bought, and it's showing no signs of wear. It still writes smoothly and doesn't leave any residue on my iPad glass. I highly recommend this product.

Update 8/17: all the paint has peeled off the shaft of the stylus, but last night was the first time I started to notice wear on the tip. The peeling paintwas a small annoyance, but I've been more than willing to put up with it because it writes so well. By my count, that means this one lasted 4 months, and because it works so well I have used it more heavily than the old rubber tipped styli. The end of this stylus is finally in sight, but I'm guessing it will be 300% the life of a typical stylus before this one goes in the trash.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Good, May 5, 2012
I was skeptical of buying this stylus as it was kind of new and didn't have too many genuine reviews. But I wanted a stylus without a rubber tip at an affordable price. At 16 bucks, this one was reasonably priced. The TruGlide stylus is about 4 inches long - shorter than a typical pen. It is comfortable to hold, the construction is good and it looks durable. The blue color is as pictured. Whether it holds up to the rigors of daily use remains to be seen. It's conductive fiber tip is neither too firm nor too squishy. The tip is also thinner than most styli. These features make it a joy for note-taking. I found that it works best with Goodnotes on my new iPad. My writing is smooth & fast with this stylus. It's more responsive than some rubber styli I have used in the past. There's a dotted pattern at the front end of the stylus that gives a good grip while writing. However, for general navigation on the iPad, I prefer using my fingers. The thinner-than-usual tip of the TruGlide stylus is not ideal for navigation. When you navigate the iPad the vast majority of taps do register, but you have to press a little harder with this stylus than you would with your fingers. A pocket-clip is provided to carry the stylus around with you. There's another phone-specific version of this stylus - that one has an earphone hook instead. Lynktec should provide both features on both versions. I'd also like to see a cap to protect the all-important nib. On the whole, if you primarily want to take notes and draw on the iPad, this stylus is a solid choice at a fair price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and truly unique stylus, July 4, 2012
This stylus is truly unique in that the tip is some sort of superfine woven mesh and it doesn't drag across the surface as rubber does. This is the third type of stylus I've tried. The first was your generic ten pack type, then I tried the Elago Grip which was a huge improvement from the generic with a great feel and weight. But, the TruGlide is the better still. The pocket clip is tight so you it won't fall out of your pocket no matter how thin the material. This is an excellent product.

4.0 out of 5 stars So close to perfect...still worth getting., October 22, 2012
I have tried a large assortment of styli available on the market in search of the perfect tool for drawing and writing. Some of the brands I've tried include the Wacom Bamboo stylus, the Targus, Gruffin, Kensington, Pogo Sketch, and numerous nameless generic brands of rubber tipped styli. All of them fell short because of one crucial factor: the screen's resistance to the rubber tips makes it nearly impossible to get clean lines with any of these styli. However, this stylus, the LYNKtek TruGlide over comes this by being the first stylus to use a microfiber tip instead of of a rubber tip. The supposed benefits of this include next to zero screen resistance allowing the TruGlide to truly glide over the surface of my iPad as well as increased durability and better conductivity.

Having bought the LYNKtek, I can say for certain that this stylus is simply brilliant. It slides across the screen with the smoothest possible motion, and combined with great apps like Bamboo Paper, Paper by 53 and Goodnotes, I am a drawing, writing, note-taking, flurry. I think of every possible excuse to whip out my iPad and use this stylus. My drawn lines are cleaner than with any other stylus that I've tried and writing is a fluid and natural motion with a feel similar to using the smoothest of ballpoint pens.

However, despite being initially incredibly impressed with the TruGlide, after several weeks of usage, I've noticed a few drawbacks to using this stylus. Firstly, the weight of the pen makes it obvious that the Truglide has an incredibly cheap plastic body. There is no weight at all to the pen and after spending several weeks using the Wacom Bamboo stylus, I have really gotten attached to having that weight in my hand. This is particularly noticeable when drawing or writing for an extended period of time. A pen with weight flows naturally in the hand and allows for smoother and more natural strokes...but having to focus my wrist muscles so intensely to compensate for the lack of weight can be tiring, especially after hours of note taking or sketching. Secondly, the pen has this really annoyingly rigid clip attached to the back end. While this might seem like a really nit-picky detail, I like to clip the pen to my jeans pocket so that I can carry around my iPad without having to tote around a bag. It can be difficult to get the pen clipped to my pocket and the clip feels so cheap but rigid that I am worried that it will fall off. Thirdly, much like many of the other rubber nib styli out there, the tip is rather wide and sometimes pressing it the wrong way or pressing it down on the screen too hard can make it misregister.

Other than these two minor details, this pen is next to perfect. My ideal stylus would combine the weight of the Bamboo, the small tip of the Hand Stylus, and the microfiber smoothness and conductivity of the LYNKtek. It's almost there...but just shy of perfect.

4/5

1.0 out of 5 stars It took me awhile but here it is, February 5, 2014

I say was because the products lifespan is sub par. My stylus had a large hole in the top within 2 weeks. 8 days of classes so technically under 2 weeks. I didn't both to contact the company so this is no reflection on their customer service, however the stylus build quality is pretty poor.

The clip you see in the picture will fall off and leave you to push it back in, once the microfiber tears the thing is useless. It's a decent size but being made of aluminum makes it very light and I still wish it was a tad longer (for most people it should be pretty long, I have massive hands).

I will enjoy the second one I bought at the same time (leap of faith style) and hope it last longer than 2 weeks.

So far 1 week in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh so close!, July 20, 2012
Having used many different styli over recent weeks, I would say the TruGlide Stylus is one of the best. Especially so, if you're an artist.

First of all, the micro fiber tip is smooooooove, with very little resistance. I love the feel (or lack of feel?) of it sliding around so effortlessly on the tablet - which is why I would say this is great for artists who want to avoid the more rubbery nibs that often get clingy with the screen and make drawing more difficult.

The manufacturer says the micro fiber is longer lasting than typical rubber tips, but I can't speak to that. Only time will tell.

As far as conductivity goes, I experienced no problems at all with registering taps and swipes. So, A+ on that account. I am shocked at how many stylus products fail miserably on that one count, so it's worth saying again that this one was at the top of the pile.

My two primary complaints (and I will admit they are minor) are:

A) It's too light and the barrel is obviously hollow. I prefer a quality instrument that has a little heft to it. This one performs so well, and yet every time I pick it up, it just screams CHINTZY. If you drop it on the desk, it makes a nice little hollow *ping* sound, which has the same effect. It wouldn't be that hard to just add a little slug inside the barrel and give it a spot of heft, so maybe we'll see a more solid feeling version to come.

B) I like having a clip on the end of the stylus, as I stick it in shirt pockets or in portfolio loops, and they've chosen the worst possible clip for this one. The part of the clip that presses down against the barrel is just two flared metal sides, which is essentially like dragging a razor blade over whatever loop you stick it in. It's destructive! That might not be so bad, but the metal of the clip is very rigid and doesn't have much springiness to it. You can try to bend the clip out a little bit from the barrel so it's not clamped down so hard, but then you end up with a clip that floats in the air and doesn't press down at all. I see this crappy clip on many different pens and I always grimace when I see it. Take a look at the clip on a Uniball Vision for how to do it right, looping the metal back over itself (like the shape of a P) instead of using the razor blade flares - and using a springy metal that can be bent out but pops right back against the barrel when released.

I hate being nitpicky about minor issues, but this stylus is so fantastic that I think it deserves to get those kinks sorted out and become the gold standard for what an iPad stylus should be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful stylus! Love how it writes!, April 4, 2012
This is a wonderful product! It is easy to hold on to, feels just like a slim pen. It glides so smoothly over the screen of my iPad or smartphone. I especially prefer it when using writing apps such as Noteshelf. With an iPad, you really need some kind of writing implement, and this is the best one I've seen.

I bought it to replace an old rubber-tipped stylus that had worn out on me. So glad I chose the TruGlide pen- I love the smoothness of the tip. No rubber there, it's some kind of silky woven fiber.

Definitely recommend this product. Five stars- can't think of a single thing I'd change. Love my stylus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried them all and the mesh tip is the best, June 28, 2012
Joe (Centreville, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TruGlide Stylus with Microfiber Tip for new iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone 5, iPhone 4, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tablet and Smartphone, Nook, all Touch Screen Tablets (Classic Black with Tether) (Personal Computers)
I go through styli like water. I find that I'm able to wear out the cheap rubber tip ones in about 1 week and the expensive ones in about 2 weeks. Maybe I push to hard, but I find that the rubber tip styli start sticking after a very short time and become useless not long after. I've also tried the brush tipped nomad and some other cheaper brush tip ones. Those have great smoothness however sometimes lack the necessary precision. This was the stylus I was looking for. Smooth motion, durability, and better precision than the brush. I found that the motion is not as smooth as the rubber tipped or the brush but it is only a difference of degree. The reason I gave this five stars is because it does not wear out and stick. The tip looks to be wire mesh. I was a little worried about it potentially scratching like steel wool, but that hasn't happened. It's just a stylus you can use every day and not have to replace frequently.

I will note that I'm not picky about size and weight. The weight is good, but it is not very long and will definitely bother some people. I'd say its about 2/3 the size of a stick pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST STYLUS EVER!, July 14, 2012
Really! After three months of using .. the fiber tip still perfect !

Fancy and strong materials ( the tip and metallic parts )
Beautiful design

I used it with the following devices

iPhone 4
Samsung galaxy : S2 , Note and S3
The new iPad

Perfect for drawing and playing games

I bought ( Executive Black, Pearl White, Brushed Silver )

One for me and two as gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Microfiber tip is great, May 10, 2013
S. Salem (Manhattan Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The TruGlide is a very nice stylus. I have both this one and the Bamboo Solo. For me, the microfiber tip on the TruGlide moves much more smoothly across the screen (yes, it glides) than the tip on the Bamboo, which can feel a bit "draggy." The two are approximately the same overall length, with the TruGlide a tiny bit smaller. The TruGlide is both thinner and lighter than the Bamboo. For me, the perfect stylus would have the TruGlide tip and the slightly heftier feel of the Bamboo. So if choosing between the two, it really comes down to your personal preference.

I also give TruGlide high points for customer service, in particular Emily S. I originally ordered the smaller silver TruGlide with the tether, but found that stylus too short for me to use. Emily was very helpful and suggested that I try this stylus, and it fit the bill!