5.0 out of 5 stars I've Purchased Five of These
I've purchased five of these so far--one for me and four more for friends--so you can tell that I like it.

Published on July 11, 2011 by Bill Pen

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Initially, this product really worked well; however, after about four weeks use, the rubber that creates the "stopper/seal" rolled up and no longer functioned as a seal. After that, the product leaked, and would not stay on the bottle.
Published on February 18, 2011 by Wine Lover

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Purchased Five of These, July 11, 2011
Bill Pen (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand (Kitchen)

Last night my girlfriend (who has 750 bottles of wine in her cellar) and I did a taste test--blind for her but necessarily not for me. We started with a Don Cayetano Chilean red. Three large glasses. One with wine right out of the bottle, just after opening. The second with the wine poured through a Vinturi. The third with the wine poured through this product. I knew which was which, and I felt that the Vinturi worked better than this, but this worked very well. My girlfriend didn't know which wine was in which glass until she tasted them. Then she immediately knew which was which. The unaerated wine was pretty harsh and oaky. The other glasses were open and smooth and delicious. You might say that the Vinturi is like letting the wine open in a decanter for an hour, while this product is like letting it open for a half hour. In seconds. Both products use Venturi valves to introduce a lot of air into the flow of wine. I don't know why the Vinturi opens the wine more, but it does.

So why did I buy four more of these after the taste test, rather than buy more Vinturis? 1) The Vinturi weighs twice as much, though it's about the same length. 2) This product fits right into the bottle, while with the Vinturi, I have to hold the device with one hand while pouring the wine with the other--it's awkward and easy to spill. 3) It's easy to drip wine out the bottom of the Vinturi after aerating wine and while returning it to the stand. By contrast, this product doesn't drip and it stays attached to the bottle, so it's easy to pour one-handed. 4) This product is much handier to take to a restaurant for instant aerating--it will fit in my blazer pocket without much of a bulge, unlike the Vinturi.

I wish this product aerated as well as the Vinturi, but it definitely does open the wine and make it drinkable at once. Weighing the pros and cons, I find that this is the easiest and handiest, and given that it does work well, these pros outweigh the extra aerating of the Vinturi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of wine drinking gear!, July 31, 2011
This review is from: Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand (Kitchen)
The aerator works wonderfully and it looks better than the pictures. The one guy who wrote a bad review about the rubber gasket coming off must have put it in the washing machine under some real hot water. We all are smart enough to use warm water under the sink to clean it out after each use and realize plastic and fine rubber gaskets don't do well under extreme heat:)

Great product worth every penny and these will make great Christmas gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, Elegant, and Fun!!, January 7, 2011
This review is from: Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand (Kitchen)
Not only is the packaging beautifully designed, but the Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer is a example of contemporary style and utility. It worked perfectly for us, and we've found it is no longer necessary to sit and wait for our bottles of wine to breathe! Just pop the cork, put on the aerating pourer, and the wine is ready to pour and drink instantly. Not only do we love it, but so do our guests!! It makes a great gift, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Aerator, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand (Kitchen)
I have had wine poured through different types aerators, and this one is one of the best. This product really opens up the wine and brings out flavors that were hard to taste before. The only bad part about this product is that I now drink more wine, but that's not always so bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trudeau Pourer, November 21, 2010
This review is from: Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand (Kitchen)
As a red wine lover I decided to try using an aerator. Not being a knowledgeable expert on wine I wondered if I would notice any difference using this. To my surprise I, and other people with me, immediately noticed the aroma that came as soon as I started pouring. We all agreed that the wine had a wonderful flavor. This aerator is extremely easy to attach and therefore I had been a little concerned that it might leak around the neck. That was not the case. It makes a fun gurgling sound while pouring which encouraged one guest to ask for another glass to enjoy the aroma and sound yet again. It comes in a very attractive box that makes it ideal for gift giving. I would recommend this aerator to anyone wanting to enhance their wine drinking experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, December 2, 2010
javagal (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand (Kitchen)
Received this around Thanksgiving and was able to use it several times. The first time we tried it using 2 different bottles of the same wine; serving one with the Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer and the other straight from the bottle. There was an immediate difference with the Trudeau Pourer. The wine tasted fuller and cleaner and certainly made a difference. We found this to be the case throughout the busy weekend. We're wine drinkers in this house!!!!
It was simple to use and came in a very nice sturdy box to keep it stored in - like it's going to get stored away for any length of time around here. I'd say if you're a wine drinker this is a good purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 18, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, September 24, 2012
works fine but one thing that really is disturbing, the seal that holds the aerator on the bottle is always has a kink in it. so you have to work the seal down so it will fit tight against the bottle and not leak.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great device for wine lovers, November 8, 2010
This review is from: Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand (Kitchen)
This pourer aerates the wine by sucking in air into the wine stream as you pour the wine. A simple device that decants as you pour which means you don't need a separate decanter. A must have for wine lovers as it increases the taste of the wine without the need to wait for it to decant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for wine drinkers!, July 27, 2013
This review is from: Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand (Kitchen)
I never realized how much better wine could taste until I tried an aerator like this. Finally owning one that attaches to the bottle directly is AMAZING!

Trudeau Aroma Aerating Pourer with Stand