4.0 out of 5 stars True Blood Season 6
True Blood Season 6 streets June 3rd, 2014.

*Five commentaries with cast and crew including executive producer Brian Buckner, Stephen Moyer, Carrie Preston, Amelia Rose Blaire and more.
*Inside the Episodes Featurettes: Learn about the backstories of each episode with revealing interviews from the show writers with ten behind-the-scenes featurettes...
Published 13 months ago by Graham Swearingen

1.0 out of 5 stars Pass This one By
I have read all of the original books this series has been based on. I have also watched each episode of this series from Episode One all those years ago. I liked the previous seasons. I found the characters engaging and the past episodes to be entertaining and enjoyable.

Published 28 days ago by Kelly

4.0 out of 5 stars True Blood Season 6, August 19, 2013
True Blood Season 6 streets June 3rd, 2014.

*Vamp Camp Files: Get an inside look at the secret trove of documents detailing the effort to eradicate vampires via the institution known as "Vamp Camp."
*True Blood Lines: Uncover secrets from character relationships past and present in this engaging fully interactive season guide and information archive.
*Episode Previews & Recaps

Creator (of the show, not the books in which they're based on) and showrunner Alan Ball left True Blood (to helm Cinemax's Banshee, great show) after the fifth season and this worried a lot of fans. While I can say that this show has changed a lot from season 1 to season 6, it has been a natural progression and one that I don't feel was too forced. That being said, I didn't find season 6 as engaging or enthralling as the previous 5 seasons, which is sad because this season puts all of the main characters in the most danger yet. The show is still filled with gore, tons of nudity and some really cool action scenes and one liners that this show has become so popular for. Yet I found myself not being as emotionally invested in these characters as I normally am.

Season 6 brings back Anna Camp (Pitch Perfect) as Steve Newlin's estranged wife Sarah, and we have some new characters like Ben Flynn played by Robert Kazinsky (Pacific Rim) and Nicole Wright played by the beautiful Jurnee Smollett-Bell (Friday Night Lights). But for me I thought Arliss Howard (Wilder Napalm) as Truman Burrell and Rutger Hauer (Bladerunner) as fairy king Niall Brigant were the stand out new additions to the show. As per usual, this is a character driven series but this season all bets are off for who lives and who dies. With tainted True Blood about to hit shelves, most of the main vampires locked up by Governor Burell, Sookie is after Warlow before he gets her, Jason is as confused as ever, and Bill has no idea who he is or what powers he has, or for how long he'll have them.

While some characters are dramatically down played from previous seasons (I feel like Sookie and Alcide had the least amount of screen time this season, until the last two episodes) we see a lot of Eric and Pam and Jessica and these new characters which helped make this season feel a bit more fresh, and at the same time a bit distant and stale when compared to previous seasons. Ultimately I think anyone who is a True Blood fan will enjoy season 6, it has some big moments, fills in some blanks from previous season loose ends, and delivers a lot of the things we've come to love from this show. Granted this is probably the weakest season since season 2, I still enjoyed it as much as I ever do. There were some very cool throw-away scenes in the last two episodes that were very reminiscent of season 1 and had a very light hearted feeling to it. And the last 2 episodes were the best of the season. Of course it ends with a cliff hanger to segue nicely into season 7. True Blood isn't for everyone, but for anyone who has been watching this show for the last 5 seasons, you'll be in for some great treats in season 6.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weaker than previous seasons, September 4, 2013
Sebastian Fernandez (Tampa, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: True Blood: Season 6 (DVD)
I am a huge fan of the show and I usually wait for each episode with impatience. This season though I found myself not that engaged with the story-line. Last season ended with a loud bang, with Bill gaining some scary powers and Eric, Sookie and the rest of the band running away from the compound. Here we see how the story continues and the series quickly jumps into topics that have to do with Warlow, Sookie's past and a powerful anti-vampire group.

The premise of the story is not bad, but the first half of the season the execution is lacking. It almost feels as if the writers did not really know which direction to take this series in. Finally, in the second half of the season, the story picks up and the end is much better than the beginning. Overall though, it is clearly the weakest season so far and it has shown in the drop in ratings.

Sadly, this was probably one of the contributing factors for HBO to decide that there will only be one more season of this show. I truly hope that the last season is better than this one and we get the ending that the series deserves. It would also be good if they go back to 12 episodes, since 10 feels a little short. When things started to get good, the season ended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first five seasons, but still a must see for true True Blood fans, June 16, 2014
M. Smith (Buffalo, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Season six was definitely not as good as the previous seasons, but if you're a true True Blood fan you still must see. My biggest complaint for this season was that their were way too many story lines going on at once. It just seemed choppy and jumped all over the place. I think they introduced more new characters in this one season than in all other five combined. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed watching it and don't regret buying it at all. I'm just hoping that they redeem themselves for the final season.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pass This one By, August 21, 2014
This review is from: True Blood: Season 6 (DVD)

Having said this, I was extremely disappointed in Season 6. I recently rewatched the entire Season Six in a Marathon session over a three day period. I still think this season was extremely disappointing. The story arc was so preposterous that I could barely sit through it. A sure sign that the writers are struggling is when gratuitous nudity is tossed in every few minutes .

Don't waste your money on this season - go back and watch the previous seasons. They contain all of the things viewers came to love about this show.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid continuation of the series but the plot line is getting weak!, June 8, 2014
This review is from: True Blood: Season 6 (DVD)
We just finished watching the Season 6 True Blood disks. They were good but in a different style than many of the previous seasons. Since the TV version has deviated so much from the Sookie Stackhouse books they are writing their own script and story as they move along. The program is shown on a pay for view network and they have included a lot of sex, nudity and graphic bloody violence to boost the ratings. We rated the season as a 4 star as my wife enjoys the shows more when Sookie has a strong love interest and a little less violence with everyone having sex with everyone else. The plot line is starting to get weak. We have read all of the books and seen all of the TV series.

I won't ruin the storyline with any spoilers but the plot does have a lot of action and it is pretty good at times and at others the producers just expected the violence and sex to carry the story. The plot line is getting a little stale and this season is not as good as some of the previous seasons. It is still worth watching and it is entertaining and that is why we rated it a 4 star DVD set.

This season was a bit short and when we finished the last episode we both looked at each other and said, "That's it?" The last couple of episodes saved the season for us. Just when it was getting really good it ended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Actors Make This Show Worth Watching, July 7, 2014
This review is from: True Blood: Season 6 (DVD)
While this show has veered significantly away from the books, it remains gripping, thanks more to the actors than the writers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy payment. Loved Season 6 - one of my ..., July 9, 2014
This review is from: True Blood: Season 6 (DVD)
Fast delivery. Item as described. A+ transaction. Easy payment. Loved Season 6 - one of my favorite programs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
JOB did it again another great season of true blood

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry to see it end., July 9, 2014
This review is from: True Blood: Season 6 (DVD)
It was worth the wait. Love True Blood so sad this is its last season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
Awesome!

True Blood: Season 6
True Blood: Season 6 by Anna Paquin (DVD - 2014)
$59.99 $34.96