Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 25, 2012
Ordered this along with the train set....worth it.

Takes about 10 hrs to charge. Increases the speed of the train and lasts quite a long time before needing to recharge again.
on December 20, 2012
definitely adds more zip to the polar express train set. Fits perfectly with no modifications to train. Just doesn't seem to stay charged very long and takes several hours to recharge. Solution...get two...the savings in batteries are worth the cost of this product.
on January 17, 2013
Since the Lionel Train set we got for Christmas does not have an "off" button, and they "suggest" removing the batteries when not in use for an extended period of time, I knew that I wanted a "rechargeable solution", rather than buying 6 C-cell batteries repeatedly.

This product was compatible and works fine. Lionel did not make it exactly easy to plug in (tight space - especially if you have big hands).

In the end, it works as expected and rather than having to take the batteries out, I can just pull the wire when it isn't being used.

My only complaint is that I wish the connector was more user/consumer-friendly.
on March 1, 2013
I dont know how anyone could write a negative review about this or any of the sellers products, they are beyond affordable, way below store prices, and my product arrived in 3 days. Battery works great for what I purchased it for, has to cut and apply a new connector but it still works perfect. Charger does take overnight but it last long and supplies a lot of power for a low discharge rate.

Should be a Amazon Prime seller.
on April 7, 2014
Update: Battery will not hold a charge. Its only 1 month since I received the battery and it will not hold a charge. I just noticed that the date on the battery is dated 11/30/2010, which means that this battery is over 3 years old. This is very old for NiMH which means that this company is selling old stock of batteries that are not good anymore.
on April 2, 2012
Works well and doesn't look cheap. I like the multi use wall charger too. You can use it to charge two different type of batteries it appears. The ones with the contact right on the battery pack and the ones with the little charger plug hanging out.
on June 18, 2014
Not too sure what else to say about it. It is 8X 1.2V rechargeable batteries taped together with a - and + wire hooked to a connector that plugs into the provided charger. 1600mAh means that it will hold a decent charge before depletion. Not the best mAh money can buy but also not the worse. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a decent 9.6V battery and charger.
on February 8, 2014
Gave life to an RC car my daughter found for $5 at the local thrift store (a green AMC gremlin!!)
on December 16, 2014
The battery I received was from the year 2010 and I just purchased this item December 1, 2014!
on January 7, 2016
I bought this battery exclusively to power my grand daughter's Polar Express locomotive. Once you force it into position in the coal tender (more than tight), it isn't coming out! The charger is another story. It apparently charges very well. I say apparently because the red charge light never turns green indicating a full charge, this after a 24 hour charge. When I placed the battery into the coal tender, it powered the train for a full three days with power to spare.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse