Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "True Fabrications Double Hinged, Compact Corkscrew...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 39% off the $13.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
True Fabrications Double Hinged, Compact Corkscrew with Foil Cutter - Stainless Steel
|Price:||$10.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$3.00 (21%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Curved ergonomic handle for easy gripping and use
- 5 turn worm and foil cutter
- Small, compact design allows for easy carrying and storage
- Long lasting stainless steel
- Makes a great hostess gift or stocking stuffer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Color: Silver | Style Name: Stainless Steel
Top Customer Reviews
• It is heavy in the hand and SOLIDLY built. The handle is double riveted straight through two pieces of wood and three sheets of steel. You can see its substantial thickness in one of the photos another reviewer posted.
• It's nicely polished with smooth edges all around...clearly done by hand on a polishing wheel, and quite nicely.
• The steel worm (corkscrew) has a narrow channel running down its length...almost imperceptible in pictures...which allows air between metal and wine cork. It seems to make driving through a cork and untwisting it afterward very smooth and squeak free.
• The cutter is thick at the back (which makes for a strong mounting point) but tapers nicely at the edge. If I were to nitpick, the serration could be better and the edge a bit sharper, but there's really no trouble in cutting through foil. A very nice hook shape and sharp point at the end of the blade make it easy to removal foil.
• A *real* wooden accent adds some flair and feels good in the hand. A nice touch at this price.
• Hinges were well oiled and the contact point of the spring-loaded foot (fulcrum) was also lubricated...no squeaking or sticking. The thickness of the metal and inlay design on the foot are visually pleasing and feel good in the hand.
• The pieces come together with surprising precision for such an inexpensive product...proof that Chinese manufacturing (or any country for that matter) can be quite good when attention is paid to detail.
It’s easy to understand how the manufacturer can offer a ten year warranty…it would be a challenge – and a shame – to destroy this corkscrew.
It doesn't look cool, but it is very decent, it does the job and it costs almost nothing, so this is the only thing you need to open up the bottle without any troubles to the bottle or your hands. Whatever else you buy will be just to gratify your or someone else's artistic integrity.
The description says double hinged, but my friends it is CUSTOM HINGED. I'm excited because I've never seen this before, so excuse me if this isn't news to you. I usually need to adjust to the second hinge when opening wine, and often it's a pain with only 2 settings. I was pleased to see there is a separate lever to push with your thumb to make a hinge at any height you please.
I'll look so much better opening wine at my serving job with this.
another issue (not a biggie) is how the pointy end of the corkscrew stops on the outside of the screw, not in the middle like it should. if you place the corkscrew top in the dead center of the cork and screw it in, you're going to mess up the cork. you need to start somewhere outside the center of the cork, or you risk breaking it apart and getting pieces of cork in the wine.
i've been in the service industry for 10 years and used tons of difference wine keys. this one is ok once you know how to use it. definitely form over function though. it's really solid and really attractive.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works fantastically , blade is sharp and the handle is very sturdyPublished 10 days ago by Sean Cooper
Works as it should. Looks like it should cost a lot more. Worth buying.Published 11 days ago by Michael
Great quality and the wood finish is very nice! This is a great corkscrew that is very easy to use! The included foil cutter is also a nice bonus.Published 17 days ago by Sara Nutsch
This was my go-to corkscrew for a job in formal dining for well over a year, and it is still going strong. Read morePublished 24 days ago by BL091315
Great 2 hinge corkscrew! I would recommend this product to any seasoned bar tender or server who wants a quality wine opener. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Stuart
If this gets wet, it'll rust pretty badly... but then again it's cheap enough that it isn't a huge concern.
Solid build quality, doesn't wiggle like cheaper models. Read more
Simply put, if you can't get your wine bottle open with this, you should probably stop drinking for the night.