5.0 out of 5 stars Great for pinics
We found this set to be elegant, yet very practical for holding our glasses in a grassy setting. Not sure about applications in other substrates like sand or really hard ground. It is a little clumsy to carry if you don't have a basket to put it into, but it mostly stays in the pocket of our rolling soft cooler. Overall we are very happy with the set.
Published on August 9, 2009 by C. Christman

2.0 out of 5 stars Only the thinnest bottles fit
Published 19 months ago by Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for pinics, August 9, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars coolest picnic idea ever, January 15, 2011
This review is from: True Fabrications Picnic Stix Set (Kitchen)
I love to attend outdoor concerts with my husband or girlfriends in the summertime, and there's nothing more annoying when you're sitting on uneven ground than having to worry about your drink rolling down hill -- except maybe for the danger of fellow spectators kicking it over. The picnic stix are a brilliant and cool solution to both of those problems! They're sturdy, and they have no trouble piercing the ground (unless it's bone dry), providing a nice, stable place to set your glass. Being able to drink out of a real wine glass, instead of a plastic cup, is a nice bonus. We tend to get a lot of envious comments from people sitting around us!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good..., June 25, 2010
This review is from: True Fabrications Picnic Stix Set (Kitchen)
They look great and you can make them hold your glass rather securely if you're careful how you insert it into the ground.
I didn't give this 5 stars because more consideration should have been put into its design. Inserting the holder is difficult in all but the softest ground. This is the best way I've found to insert the holder:

1. Drive a tent stake into the ground to make a hole
2. Remove the stake and insert the glass holder into the hole
3. Compact the dirt around the hole to secure the holder in place

2.0 out of 5 stars Only the thinnest bottles fit, June 19, 2013
This review is from: True Fabrications Picnic Stix Set (Kitchen)
The product is a great idea. I saw another couple using an almost identical product at a music festival in the park a couple weeks ago and while still sitting on my blanket, I ordered this product from Amazon. In traditional Amazon fashion, it was delivered quickly and looked great. Went to use the product the next day to only discover that wine bottles are a very tight fit in the holder, which means when you go to pull the bottle out, it pulls the holder out of the ground. If you drink wine from a bottle that is a little thicker than standard (not all wine bottles are the same), then you're completely out of luck, as it won't even go in the holder. There are other products on the market (like the one I saw in the park) that do the same thing, but fit bottles much better. I have requested a refund from Amazon as this simply doesn't work for me. Too bad, we were excited to use it, but he manufacturer needs to go back to the drawing board and redesign bottle holder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, July 25, 2009
These are great! Perfect for picnics where you have to sit ground level! I really like the design of how they hold the glasses and wine bottle compared to other brands I've seen. The only thing that could be improved - and the reason for 4 stars instead of 5 - is they are not pointy at the bottom and I wonder if they might be hard to get into the ground if it is very dry. So far no problems though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, perfect for picnicing, April 22, 2013
This review is from: True Fabrications Picnic Stix Set (Kitchen)
So many of my friends were impressed by these, they were easy to use inexpensive, and perfect for what we wanted. The only caveats would be when pulling your wine glass out it's sometimes easy to spill, so just be conscious of what you're doing when taking your wine glass out, and when putting the stakes in don't press down on the top parts of the coils, use the stems themselves as the wires can bend if you press on the top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for concerts in the park, November 27, 2012
These are incredible. We love using these when we go to our local concerts in the park. Only issue is that the bottle holder is a little tight on most bottles and pulls right out of the ground when you try to pick up the bottle. Glasses go in and out seamlessly. For the price, these are amazing and probably our most used picnic item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work Ok., April 29, 2011
This review is from: True Fabrications Picnic Stix Set (Kitchen)
These work if your chairs are sitting close to the ground. Also as the image shows holds bottle and wine glases, can put a beer in the bottle one just fine. We ordered 2 sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and fun, November 20, 2010
This review is from: True Fabrications Picnic Stix Set (Kitchen)
We attend outdoor concerts all summer long and love, love, love these caddies. I was constantly knocking my drinks out of the cupholders on my chair. I have yet to knock over a wine glass or bottle with these caddies. I use a waffle-weave blanket on the ground and the caddies easily poke right through the blanket. These things really do work. That's why I bought this second set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipients delighted, January 14, 2013
Shopper (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Gave these to sophisticated picnickers who enjoy the good life - they were so surprised!
I believe they were totally delighted, and they'll enjoy these many, many times.
This gift broadened their concept of luxury!

True Fabrications Picnic Stix Set